There are 2 articles on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
Mon, Jul. 14, 4:04 PM
Sun, Jul. 13, 5:35 PM
Mon, Apr. 14, 4:25 PM
- SemiLEDs (LEDS) guides in its prepared remarks (.pdf) for FQ3 (May quarter) revenue of $4.3M-$4.8M; the sole analyst covering the company is expecting $5.03M.
- Thanks to inventory write-downs, FQ2 GAAP gross margin was -75%, a little worse than FQ1's -68%. Nonetheless, inventory only fell by $533K Q/Q to $10.8M (over 2x expected FQ3 revenue).
- SG&A spend fell 14% Y/Y to $2.26M, R&D spend rose 8% to $1.2M. The company's cash balance fell to $21.5M at the end of FQ2 from $28.1M at the end of FQ1.
- LED chip sales +117% Q/Q and 51% of revenue. LED components +6% and 30% of revenue. Lighting products -43% and 17% of revenue. SemiLEDs sees a shift towards LED component/packaging product sales relative to chip sales providing a margin boost going forward.
- FQ2 results, PR
Mon, Apr. 14, 4:05 PM
Mon, Apr. 14, 12:10 AM
Sun, Apr. 13, 5:35 PM
Tue, Jan. 14, 6:35 AM
Tue, Jan. 14, 12:05 AM
Mon, Jan. 13, 5:30 PM
Fri, Jan. 3, 3:02 PM
- SemiLEDS (LEDS +19.8%) and Revolution Lighting Technologies (RVLT +11%) break upward, with the move possibly sparked by a report by Lux Research which sees China's LED lighting market more than doubling to $7.4B in 2017.
- Lux believes LED lighting will grow at a CAGR of 24% through 2017, far outpacing the 5.6% CAGR of the overall lighting market. And, it forecasts residential LED sales to skyrocket at a CAGR of 92% to $310M in 2017 from $23M in 2013.
- The firm cites ongoing urbanization, local energy savings targets, and price cuts, all factors that make LED lighting tech more appealing.
Dec. 16, 2013, 10:58 AM
Nov. 19, 2013, 6:56 AM
Nov. 19, 2013, 12:05 AM
Nov. 18, 2013, 5:30 PM
Nov. 2, 2013, 9:38 AM
- Though fluorescent bulbs still sell for a fraction of the price of LED bulbs, and do so while providing major power savings relative to traditional incandescent bulbs, complaints about fluorescents are contributing to a surge in sales of LED bulbs
- Consumers have complained about the harsh, bluish light emitted by many fluorescent bulbs - LEDs are seen as emitting a warmer light - as well as their dimming properties. Trade association NEMA estimates incandescents will still make up ~75% of 2013 U.S. lighting sales, in part due to their cost advantage.
- LEDs are still only account for ~1% of bulbs in American homes, but that figure is quickly rising, thanks to dropping prices - bulbs from CREE, GE, and others can be bought for $10 or less at major retailers - and subsidies/rebates.
- Companies (besides Cree) that have strong LED industry exposure: RBCN, LEDS, VECO, AIXG, GTAT.
Oct. 1, 2013, 12:47 PM
LEDS vs. ETF Alternatives
SemiLEDs Corp is a manufacturer of ultra-high bright LED chips in Hsinchu Science Park, Taiwan. SemiLEDs specializes in the development and manufacturing of metal alloy vertical LED chips & UV using our patented and proprietary MvpLED (tm) technology.
Other News & PR