5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There are no Focus articles on LGLV.
There are no Transcripts on LGLV.
There are no News articles on LGLV.
LGLV vs. ETF Alternatives
The SPDR Russell 1000® Low Volatility ETF (the "Fund") seeks to provide investment results that, before fees and expenses, correspond generally to the total return performance of an index that tracks the performance of the U.S. large capitalization low volatility market.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Country: United States
- In Your Portfolio: Core Building Blocks: A Guide to ETFs That Divide the U.S. Stock Market by Market Cap, A Guide to Strategy ETFs
- Asset Class Performance: Strategies, Market Cap
Tuesday, Apr 87:05 AM
Tuesday, Apr 87:05 AM| 8 Comments
- Stock index futures are marginally lower after a couple of ugly sessions, with the best news for stock bulls maybe being a loud, above-the-fold headline on Marketwatch.com that Dennis Gartman is "Scared" and has exited the stock market (in yen terms?).
- Europe's off more than 1% and the Nikkei fell another 1.4% overnight, but buying continues in emerging markets, led last night by a 1.9% gain in Shanghai.
- The 10-year Treasury yield is up a basis point to 2.71% and gold gets some mojo back, up 1.1% to $1,312 per ounce.
- ETFs: SPY, QQQ, IVE, SH, DIA, SSO, SDS, PSQ, IVV, VOO, SPXU, UPRO, TQQQ, SPXL, QID, SPXS, RSP, DOG, SQQQ, QLD, DXD, RWL, EPS, UDOW, SDOW, IVW, SPYG, DDM, RPG, IWB, RPV, SPYV, VOOG, BXUB, QQEW, VOOV, VONE, QQQE, TRND, SFLA, QQXT, BXUC, SPLX, ROLA, BXDB, FTA, ONEK, TNDQ, EWRI, LGLV
Friday, Feb 217:03 AM
Friday, Feb 217:03 AM| 1 Comment
- Stock index futures are all ahead by about 0.2% as equities look to close the week with another gain.
- Europe is mixed, but with most markets near unchanged, and the Japanese yo-yo continues - last night is was up to the tune of 2.9%.
- The 10-year Treasury yield is up another basis point to 2.76% and gold is ahead by 0.4% to $1,322 per ounce.
- Index ETFs: SPY, IVE, SH, DIA, SSO, SDS, IVV, SPXU, UPRO, VOO, SPXL, SPXS, RSP, DOG, DXD, RWL, EPS, UDOW, SDOW, SPYG, DDM, IVW, RPG, IWB, RPV, SPYV, BXUB, VOOG, VOOV, VONE, TRND, SFLA, BXUC, ROLA, BXDB, FTA, ONEK, EWRI, LGLV
Tuesday, Feb 1110:07 AM
Tuesday, Feb 1110:07 AM| 31 Comments
- Making the rounds on trading desks is this chart of the DJIA (DIA) of the last 18 months superimposed on a chart of the index during the same time frame in 1928-1929. The short version: If form holds, the market is set for another epic crash.
- In the more nuanced version, the chart says little except for again proving the hardwired tendency of the human brain to see patterns where none exist, and one is reminded of similar exercises over the past few years making the case for the Dow breaching its financial crisis lows.
- Technical guru Tom DeMark, however, is starting to believe: “Originally, I drew [the chart] for entertainment purposes only ... Now it’s evolved into something more serious.”
- Tom McClellan: "There is no guarantee that the market has to continue following through with every step of the 1929 pattern. But between now and May 2014, there is plenty of reason for caution.”
- Large-cap ETFs: SPY, QQQ, SH, DIA, SSO, SDS, PSQ, IVV, SPXU, UPRO, VOO, SPLV, TQQQ, QID, PRF, SPXL, SPXS, RSP, DOG, SQQQ, QLD, DXD, RWL, EPS, UDOW, SDOW, USMV, DDM, VV, SCHX, IWB, NY, SPHB, BXUB, QQEW, QQQE, JKD, FEX, VONE, TRND, SFLA, EQL, BXUC, ROLA, QQXT, BXDB, EEH, ONEK, SPXH, TRSK, FWDD, EWRI, TNDQ, PXLC, LGLV, ALTL, SYE
Monday, Dec 22013, 7:15 AM
Monday, Dec 22013, 7:15 AM| 1 Comment
- Stock index futures are flat ahead of a busy week of economic data, beginning today with the PMI and ending on Friday with November payrolls.
- Europe's down moderately, and Asia was mixed overnight.
- The big mover is the 10-year Treasury yield - up 4 basis points to 2.79%.
- Index ETFs: SPY, QQQ, IVE, SH, DIA, SSO, SDS, PSQ, IVV, SPXU, UPRO, VOO, QID, SPXS, SPXL, TQQQ, DOG, RSP, SQQQ, DXD, QLD, RWL, EPS, IWD, UDOW, SDOW, DDM, IWB, SPYV, BXUB, RPV, QQEW, QQQE, VONE, VOOV, TRND, SFLA, ROLA, BXUC, FTA, QQXT, ONEK, BXDB, UVG, VONV, EWRI, TNDQ, LGLV, SJF
Tuesday, Nov 262013, 11:07 AM
Tuesday, Nov 262013, 11:07 AM| 6 Comments
- It's the bull market everyone continues to hate ... BAML's sell-side indicator - a contrarian take based on attitudes of strategists - continues to read in extreme bearish territory, suggesting more gains ahead for stocks. The level of bearishness now is actually greater than that of the March 2009 market bottom.
- Large cap ETFs: SPY, QQQ, SH, DIA, SSO, SDS, PSQ, IVV, SPXU, UPRO, SPLV, VOO, QID, PRF, SPXS, SPXL, TQQQ, DOG, RSP, SQQQ, DXD, QLD, RWL, EPS, UDOW, SDOW, DDM, VV, SCHX, IWB, SPHB, NY, BXUB, QQEW, QQQE, JKD, VONE, EQL, TRND, ROLA, SFLA, BXUC, QQXT, EEH, ONEK, TRSK, SPXH, BXDB, PXLC, FSU, FSE, EWRI, TNDQ, FWDD, LGLV, ALTL
Thursday, Nov 212013, 4:39 PM
Thursday, Nov 212013, 4:39 PM| 4 Comments
- David Tepper shows us what a real bubble looks like, holding up a chart of P/E multiples from 1995-2000 vs. 2008-today. The 95-00 line goes straight up, while the 08-13 line is flattish. The first period was a clear bubble, but today isn't, and in fact deserves a much higher multiple than existed in 2008.
- Up about 40% this year, what's Appaloosa looking at for 2014? Tepper says he's recently put on a Treasury (TLT) short, but doesn't expect rates to go a whole lot higher.
- Stock index ETFs: SPY, QQQ, SH, DIA, SSO, SDS, PSQ, IVV, SPXU, UPRO, VOO, QID, SPXS, SPXL, DOG, TQQQ, RSP, SQQQ, DXD, QLD, RWL, EPS, UDOW, SDOW, DDM, IWB, BXUB, QQEW, QQQE, VONE, TRND, SFLA, ROLA, BXUC, QQXT, ONEK, BXDB, EWRI, LGLV, TNDQ
- Treasury ETFs: TBT, TLT, TMV, IEF, TBF, PST, EDV, TTT, TMF, TLH, ZROZ, SBND, IEI, DLBS, TYO, DTYS, VGLT, UST, UBT, TLO, TBX, VGIT, FSA, LBND, GSY, SCHR, DTYL, TYD, ITE, TENZ, TYBS, FIVZ, TBZ, DFVL, DLBL, DFVS, TYNS
Friday, Mar 222013, 2:29 PMBill Luby takes a look at the low volatility fad, checking the performance of the popular SPLV against the high beta SPHB. Over longer periods - and even in bull markets - low volatility appears to have a high probability of outperforming high beta, particularly when risk-adjusted. The biggest risk is a sharp bull move similar to the last few months in which high beta leaves the defensive stocks in the dust. |Friday, Mar 222013, 2:29 PM| Comment!
Tuesday, Mar 192013, 3:05 PMThe low volatility space continues to be a popular one with PowerShares' SPLV surpassing $4B in AUM in its less than 2 years of existence. The fund holds the 100 stocks in the S&P 500 with the lowest volatility over the previous year, and has outperformed the SPY by more than 600 bps since inception. Competitors include: USMV, IDLV, EEMV, SMLV, LGLV. |Tuesday, Mar 192013, 3:05 PM| Comment!
Thursday, Feb 212013, 4:26 PMState Street rolls out 2 low-volatility ETFs: SPDR Russell 1000 Low Volatility (LGLV) and SPDR Russell 2000 Low Volatility (SMLV). SMLV has an expense ratio of 0.25% while LGLV is the cheapest among peers at 0.20%. Competitors SPLV, IDLV, XMLV and XSLV charge 0.25% while EELV charges 0.29%. Demand for low volatility ETFs has picked up due to recent risk-adjusted outperformance vs. standard market cap weighted funds. |Thursday, Feb 212013, 4:26 PM| Comment!