Quote & Headlines
5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There are no Focus articles on LGLV.
To learn more about Seeking Alpha PRO, click here.
There are no Transcripts on LGLV.
There are no News articles on LGLV.
LGLV vs. ETF Alternatives
The SPDR Russell 1000® Low Volatility ETF (the "Fund") seeks to provide investment results that, before fees and expenses, correspond generally to the total return performance of an index that tracks the performance of the U.S. large capitalization low volatility market.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Country: United States
- In Your Portfolio: Core Building Blocks: A Guide to ETFs That Divide the U.S. Stock Market by Market Cap, A Guide to Strategy ETFs
- Asset Class Performance: Strategies, Market Cap
Monday, Dec 27:15 AMFutures flat ahead of PMI today; payrolls coming Friday
Monday, Dec 27:15 AM| 1 Comment
- Stock index futures are flat ahead of a busy week of economic data, beginning today with the PMI and ending on Friday with November payrolls.
- Europe's down moderately, and Asia was mixed overnight.
- The big mover is the 10-year Treasury yield - up 4 basis points to 2.79%.
- Index ETFs: SPY, QQQ, IVE, SH, DIA, SSO, SDS, PSQ, IVV, SPXU, UPRO, VOO, QID, SPXS, SPXL, TQQQ, DOG, RSP, SQQQ, DXD, QLD, RWL, EPS, IWD, UDOW, SDOW, DDM, IWB, SPYV, BXUB, RPV, QQEW, QQQE, VONE, VOOV, TRND, SFLA, ROLA, BXUC, FTA, QQXT, ONEK, BXDB, UVG, VONV, EWRI, TNDQ, LGLV, SJF
Tuesday, Nov 2611:07 AMSell-side indicator continues to flash "Buy"
Tuesday, Nov 2611:07 AM| 6 Comments
- It's the bull market everyone continues to hate ... BAML's sell-side indicator - a contrarian take based on attitudes of strategists - continues to read in extreme bearish territory, suggesting more gains ahead for stocks. The level of bearishness now is actually greater than that of the March 2009 market bottom.
- Large cap ETFs: SPY, QQQ, SH, DIA, SSO, SDS, PSQ, IVV, SPXU, UPRO, SPLV, VOO, QID, PRF, SPXS, SPXL, TQQQ, DOG, RSP, SQQQ, DXD, QLD, RWL, EPS, UDOW, SDOW, DDM, VV, SCHX, IWB, SPHB, NY, BXUB, QQEW, QQQE, JKD, VONE, EQL, TRND, ROLA, SFLA, BXUC, QQXT, EEH, ONEK, TRSK, SPXH, BXDB, PXLC, FSU, FSE, EWRI, TNDQ, FWDD, LGLV, ALTL
Thursday, Nov 214:39 PMTepper: I'll show you a real bubble
Thursday, Nov 214:39 PM| 4 Comments
- David Tepper shows us what a real bubble looks like, holding up a chart of P/E multiples from 1995-2000 vs. 2008-today. The 95-00 line goes straight up, while the 08-13 line is flattish. The first period was a clear bubble, but today isn't, and in fact deserves a much higher multiple than existed in 2008.
- Up about 40% this year, what's Appaloosa looking at for 2014? Tepper says he's recently put on a Treasury (TLT) short, but doesn't expect rates to go a whole lot higher.
- Stock index ETFs: SPY, QQQ, SH, DIA, SSO, SDS, PSQ, IVV, SPXU, UPRO, VOO, QID, SPXS, SPXL, DOG, TQQQ, RSP, SQQQ, DXD, QLD, RWL, EPS, UDOW, SDOW, DDM, IWB, BXUB, QQEW, QQQE, VONE, TRND, SFLA, ROLA, BXUC, QQXT, ONEK, BXDB, EWRI, LGLV, TNDQ
- Treasury ETFs: TBT, TLT, TMV, IEF, TBF, PST, EDV, TTT, TMF, TLH, ZROZ, SBND, IEI, DLBS, TYO, DTYS, VGLT, UST, UBT, TLO, TBX, VGIT, FSA, LBND, GSY, SCHR, DTYL, TYD, ITE, TENZ, TYBS, FIVZ, TBZ, DFVL, DLBL, DFVS, TYNS
Friday, Mar 222:29 PMBill Luby takes a look at the low volatility fad, checking the performance of the popular SPLV against the high beta SPHB. Over longer periods - and even in bull markets - low volatility appears to have a high probability of outperforming high beta, particularly when risk-adjusted. The biggest risk is a sharp bull move similar to the last few months in which high beta leaves the defensive stocks in the dust. |Friday, Mar 222:29 PM| Comment!
Tuesday, Mar 193:05 PMThe low volatility space continues to be a popular one with PowerShares' SPLV surpassing $4B in AUM in its less than 2 years of existence. The fund holds the 100 stocks in the S&P 500 with the lowest volatility over the previous year, and has outperformed the SPY by more than 600 bps since inception. Competitors include: USMV, IDLV, EEMV, SMLV, LGLV. |Tuesday, Mar 193:05 PM| Comment!
Thursday, Feb 214:26 PMState Street rolls out 2 low-volatility ETFs: SPDR Russell 1000 Low Volatility (LGLV) and SPDR Russell 2000 Low Volatility (SMLV). SMLV has an expense ratio of 0.25% while LGLV is the cheapest among peers at 0.20%. Competitors SPLV, IDLV, XMLV and XSLV charge 0.25% while EELV charges 0.29%. Demand for low volatility ETFs has picked up due to recent risk-adjusted outperformance vs. standard market cap weighted funds. |Thursday, Feb 214:26 PM| Comment!