There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
There are no Transcripts on LGVWF.
Tue, Apr. 1, 9:46 AM
- Surge Energy (ZPTAF) agrees to acquire Longview Oil (LGVWF) in a share exchange that values Longview shares at C$5.99 each.
- Surge is offering 0.975 of a share for each Longview share in the friendly deal, which the companies value at ~C$429M.
- Surge says the proposed transaction is accretive on all metrics, and adds concentrated reserves, production, land and operations that are contiguous with its existing core areas.
Mon, Mar. 3, 11:59 AM
- "War in the Ukraine? Buy Canadian small-cap oils," BCMI newsletter editor Chris Damas asserts, believing they could benefit from the sort of spike in oil prices that's happening today.
- Specifically, Damas advises investors to take a look at Longview Oil (LGVWF -1.5%), Surge Energy (ZPTAF -1%) and Crew Energy (CWEGF +3.2%); he says they're inexpensive relative to current commodity prices and should do particularly well as geopolitical risks cause oil prices to remain elevated or spike higher.
Fri, Feb. 28, 3:54 PM
- Surge Energy (ZPTAF +3.2%) says it has acquired ownership and control of 19.8% of Longview Oil (LGVWF +5.8%) from Advantage Oil & Gas (AAV +2.7%)at $4.45/share.
- Surge intends to obtain a "large, strategic equity position" in Longview, at a competitive cost base, and to pursue a mutually beneficial business combination with Longview.
- Surge says it has completed significant due diligence in relation to Longview assets, also initiating extensive, detailed financial modelling of a possible business combination between the companies.
Mon, Feb. 24, 2:41 PM
- Longview Oil (LGVWF +0.9%) says President/CEO Kelly Draper died suddenly while cross-country skiing in Alberta this weekend.
- Chairman Steven Sharpe has been appointed as interim CEO until a suitable successor is appointed.
- Longview said last week that talks with a party that had made a hostile takeover offer for the company had ended.
Tue, Feb. 11, 11:44 AM
- Longview Oil (LGVWF +3.4%) says the unidentified party that has made a non-binding offer to buy it has submitted a separate proposal to acquire 9.3M Longview shares being sold in Advantage Oil & Gas' (AAV +2.6%) secondary offering; the shares represent a ~19.8% stake.
- Last week, AAV announced plans to sell its entire stake in Longview, which consists of 21.15M shares.
Mon, Feb. 10, 10:29 AM
- Longview Oil (LGVWF +10.2%) says it is reviewing an unsolicited, non-binding takeover offer from an unidentified public company.
- Longview provides few details except that the prospective bidder would pay for the deal with its own shares.
- The company adopts a shareholder rights plan as a defensive move to provide its board with time to evaluate the offer and alternatives.
LGVWF vs. ETF Alternatives
Currently, there's no company description for LGVWF.
Other News & PR