SA News • Mon, Jan. 26
A Predictably Profitable Hotel REIT That I Would Like To Own
- LaSalle's average dividend increase over the last 4 years is around 60%.
- One often overlooked metric is Return on Invested Capital, or AFFO/Debt & Equity.
- ROIC is an important profitability ratio because it tells us if the company is turning its capital into profits.
- I could have picked up LaSalle at close to a 4% dividend yield (90 days ago), so I'll wait for a better entry price today.
Why You Should Know About LaSalle Hotel Properties
- Real Estate Investment Trusts have outperformed the market recently.
- REITs can add an additional layer of diversification to your portfolio without necessarily sacrificing growth.
- LaSalle Hotel Properties pays a strong dividend and has historically outperformed.
A 7.6% Yield For Your Retirement Portfolio From LaSalle
A 7.6% Yield From This High Quality Hotel Operator
LaSalle Hotel Properties: Robust Growth But Dilution An Issue
Mon, Jan. 26, 3:08 PM| Comment!
Tue, Jan. 6, 2:30 PM
- Equity REIT names are higher nearly across the board as the 10-year Treasury yield tumbles below 2%, but the hotel REITs aren't joining in the fun, suggesting maybe plunging oil prices (now at $47.76 per barrel) are foreshadowing a weak economy?
- Ashford Hospitality (AHT -1.9%), Strategic Hotels (BEE -1.3%), LaSalle Hotel (LHO -0.9%), Chesapeake Lodging (CHSP -1.7%), Summit Hotel (INN -1.2%).
- Previously: Equity REITs add to gains as long-term yields dive (Jan. 6)
Dec. 23, 2014, 7:49 AM| Comment!
Dec. 19, 2014, 10:35 AM
Dec. 15, 2014, 9:06 AM
Dec. 9, 2014, 9:27 AM| Comment!
Dec. 8, 2014, 4:16 PM
Dec. 8, 2014, 9:36 AM
Oct. 22, 2014, 4:31 PM
- Q3 adjusted FFO of $88.3M or $0.85 per share vs. $72.8M and $0.76 one year ago. Dividend is $0.375.
- RevPAR of $212.98 up 11.5% Y/Y, with EBITDA margin of 37.2% up 211 basis points. Average daily rate up 10.2% to $242.25, and occupancy up 110 bps to 87.9%.
- CEO Michael Barnello: "U.S. lodging demand exceeded our expectations during Q3 and industry ADR continued on its trajectory of strong growth."
- Full-year guidance: RevPAR growth of 8.75%-9.25% vs. previous of 6.5%-8%; Adjusted FFO per share of $2.56-$2.60 vs. previous $2.44-$2.54.
- Conference call tomorrow at 10 ET
- Previously: LaSalle Hotel started at Buy ahead of earnings
- Previously: LaSalle Hotel Properties beats by $0.06, beats on revenue
- LHO flat AH
Oct. 22, 2014, 4:14 PM| Comment!
Oct. 22, 2014, 12:02 PM
- LaSalle Hotel Properties (LHO +1.5%) is an outlier to the upside among the lodging REIT names after Ladenburg Thalman initiates coverage with a Buy.
- The stock has quickly rebounded this week from the the Ebola scare-related declines over the last month, and nows sits at right about its 52-week high, and also up 20% YTD.
- The company will report its Q3 after the bell this evening.
Oct. 21, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ACTG, ALB, ALGT, AWH, BCR, BDN, CA, CAKE, CLB, CLGX, CLW, CTXS, CVA, EEFT, EFX, EGHT, FTK, FTNT, GGG, IBKC, INFN, LEG, LHO, LOGI, LRCX, MKSI, MKTO, MLNX, MSA, NOW, NXPI, ORLY, OTEX, PLCM, PLXS, RE, RJF, SCSS, SFG, SGMO, SHLM, SKX, SLG, SLM, SUSQ, T, TAL, TCBI, TER, TILE, TMK, TSCO, TYL, USTR, VAR, WFT, YELP
Oct. 20, 2014, 10:01 AM
- Stifel steps into the Ebola-related downdraft in the lodging sector, upgrading the largest (by market cap) such REIT, Hospitality Property Trust (HPT +2.1%) to Buy with $30 price target.
- Other names: Ashford (AHT +1.2%), Strategic Hotels (BEE +0.8%), Sunstone Hotel (SHO +1.1%), LaSalle Hotel (LHO +0.6%), Chesapeake Lodging (CHSP +0.6%), Summit Hotel (INN +1.2%), Pebblebrook Hotel (PEB +0.7%).
Oct. 15, 2014, 5:25 AM
- A second healthcare worker has contracted Ebola in the U.S.,
- The worker, a staff member at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital, was among those who looked after Thomas Duncan, who died of the virus earlier this month.
- More on Ebola
- Related health stocks: TKMR, BCRX, HEB, INO, NLNK, NNVC, OTCQB:GOVX, SRPT, CMRX, GSK, IBIO, APT, LAKE, SRPT, PLX, NSPH, SMED, VSR, AHPI
- Airlines: DAL, AAL, UAL, SKYW, ALGT, HA, LUV
- Hotels: MAR, HLT, IHG, STAY, H, HOT, CHH
- Lodging REITS: AHT, SHO, LHO, INN
Oct. 13, 2014, 4:19 PM
- Both equity and mortgage REITs saw plenty of buying as nearly all of the rest of the market was lit up bright red, and Treasury ETFs signaled a sharp drop in yields when government bonds reopen for trade tomorrow (closed this session for Columbus Day).
- A sampling of equity names: Senior Housing Properties (SNH +1.2%), Medical Properties Trust (MPW +1.4%), Gramercy Property Trust (GPT +1.7%), Equity Residential (EQR +0.7%), Inland Real Estate (IRC +0.9%), Sovran Self Storage (SSS +1.1%), Highwoods Properties Trust (HIW +1%).
- One equity REIT sector in the red along with the rest of the market is lodging amid worsening Ebola fears: Ashford Hospitality Trust (AHT -2.9%), Sunshine Hotel Investors (SHO -1.4%), LaSalle Hotel Properties (LHO -1.5%), Summit Hotel Properties (INN -1.5%).
- Mortgage REITs: American Capital Agency (AGNC +1.4%), CYS Investments (CYS +2.2%), Invesco (IVR +1.1%), American Capital Mortgage (MTGE +1.5%), Western Asset (WMC +1.1%).
- ETFs: IYR, VNQ, REM, MORL, MORT, DRN, URE, REZ, SRS, RWR, SCHH, ICF, ROOF, DRV, KBWY, RTL, REK, FRI, FTY, PSR, IFNA, FNIO, WREI
Sep. 15, 2014, 9:57 AM
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.
LHO vs. ETF Alternatives
LaSalle Hotel Properties is a real estate investment trust. The Company's business includes buying, owing, redeveloping & leasing mainly upscale & luxury full-service hotels located in convention, resort & major urban business markets.
Other News & PR