Wed, Mar. 25, 9:48 AM
- Downgraded to Reduce from Neutral are DiamondRock Hospitality (DRH -1.3%), FelCor Lodging (FCH -1.8%), Hersha Hospitality Trust (HT -2.5%), Host Hotels and Resorts (HST -0.9%), and LaSalle Hotel (LHO -1.5%).
- Cut to Neutral from Buy is Starwood Hotels (HOT -0.9%).
- For what it's worth, Starwood - the only one of the group rated a Buy before today - has about the worst performance of the bunch over the last year, ahead about 6% (Hersha is up just 5%, and the rest are up by far more).
Fri, Mar. 13, 9:03 AM
Tue, Feb. 24, 3:32 PM
- The 10-year Treasury yield has tumbled back beneath 2% amid Janet Yellen's congressional testimony and some weak economic data, but there's no bid for income favorites like equity REITs.
- The iShares DJ U.S. Real Estate ETF (IYR -1.9%).
- Realty Income (O -2.9%), National Retail Properties (NNN -2.7%), Senior Housing Properties (SNH -2.2%), Ventas (VTR -3.8%), HCP (HCP -3.6%), Equity Commonwealth (EQC -2.3%), Vornado (VNO -1.9%), Equity Residential (EQR -2.5%), AvalonBay (AVB -2.7%), Simon Property (SPG -1.8%), General Growth (GGP -2.1%), Kimco (KIM -3%), Sovran Self Storage (SSS -2%), Boston Properties (BXP -2%), Hospitality Properties (HPT -2.7%), LaSalle Hotel (LHO -2.8%), Liberty Property Trust (LPT -2.7%), American Campus Communities (ACC -1.7%).
- ETFs: IYR, VNQ, DRN, URE, SRS, ICF, SCHH, RWR, KBWY, DRV, REK, FRI, FTY, PSR, WREI
Thu, Feb. 19, 11:25 AM
- Maybe priced for perfection after big runs over the past couple of years, hotel REITs are pulling back after an earnings miss from Lasalle Hotel Properties (LHO -4.3%) and middling guidance from Host Hotels and Resorts (HST -5.4%).
- Hospitality Properties (HPT -1.5%), Ashford Hospitality (AHT -1.2%), Strategic Hotels (BEE -0.9%), Pebblebrook Hotel Trust (PEB -1.7%), Summit Hotel (INN -2.2%), RLJ Lodging (RLJ -2.3%), Chatham Lodging (CLDT -1.1%).
- Bucking the trend is Hersha Hospitality Trust (HT +1.1%) after beating Q4 consensus.
- Previously: Credit Suisse takes profits on Pebblebrook Hotel (Feb. 18)
Wed, Feb. 18, 4:36 PM
- Q4 adjusted FFO of $63M or $0.59 per share vs. $55.8M and $0.55 one year ago.
- RevPAR of $181.49 up 7.7% Y/Y. EBITDA margin of 32% up 163 basis points.
- CEO Michael Barnello: "U.S. lodging demand continued to exceed our expectations, with its growth rate accelerating during each successive quarter in 2014."
- 2015 outlook: RevPAR growth of 4.5-6.5%. Hotel EBITDA margin increase of 50-150 bps. Adjusted FFO per share of $2.67-$2.84 vs. $2.58 in 2014.
- Updated investor presentation
- Earnings call tomorrow at 11 ET
- Previously: LaSalle Hotel Properties misses by $0.01, revenue in-line (Feb. 18)
- LHO flat after hours
Wed, Feb. 18, 4:14 PM| Comment!
Tue, Feb. 17, 5:35 PM
- ABX, ACT, AMTG, ARII, ARRS, ASGN, AVG, AXLL, BGS, BJRI, CAR, CDE, CSLT, CVG, CW, CYNI, DENN, DTLK, ELNK, EOG, EQC, ETE, ETP, EXAM, FNF, HSTM, HT, IAG, IPI, KEG, KEYW, LHO, LOPE, MANT, MAR, MHLD, MIC, MRO, NVMI, OGS, OIS, PAAS, PCYC, PKD, REXX, RGP, SBRA, SCTY, SIX, SNPS, SSS, STR, SUN, SUNE, SXL, TERP, THRX, TILE, TRN, TS, UAM, WES, WGP, WMB, WPZ, XPO, YUME
Mon, Jan. 26, 3:08 PM| Comment!
Tue, Jan. 6, 2:30 PM
- Equity REIT names are higher nearly across the board as the 10-year Treasury yield tumbles below 2%, but the hotel REITs aren't joining in the fun, suggesting maybe plunging oil prices (now at $47.76 per barrel) are foreshadowing a weak economy?
- Ashford Hospitality (AHT -1.9%), Strategic Hotels (BEE -1.3%), LaSalle Hotel (LHO -0.9%), Chesapeake Lodging (CHSP -1.7%), Summit Hotel (INN -1.2%).
- Previously: Equity REITs add to gains as long-term yields dive (Jan. 6)
Dec. 23, 2014, 7:49 AM| Comment!
Dec. 19, 2014, 10:35 AM
Dec. 15, 2014, 9:06 AM
Dec. 9, 2014, 9:27 AM| Comment!
Dec. 8, 2014, 4:16 PM
Dec. 8, 2014, 9:36 AM
Oct. 22, 2014, 4:31 PM
- Q3 adjusted FFO of $88.3M or $0.85 per share vs. $72.8M and $0.76 one year ago. Dividend is $0.375.
- RevPAR of $212.98 up 11.5% Y/Y, with EBITDA margin of 37.2% up 211 basis points. Average daily rate up 10.2% to $242.25, and occupancy up 110 bps to 87.9%.
- CEO Michael Barnello: "U.S. lodging demand exceeded our expectations during Q3 and industry ADR continued on its trajectory of strong growth."
- Full-year guidance: RevPAR growth of 8.75%-9.25% vs. previous of 6.5%-8%; Adjusted FFO per share of $2.56-$2.60 vs. previous $2.44-$2.54.
- Conference call tomorrow at 10 ET
- Previously: LaSalle Hotel started at Buy ahead of earnings
- Previously: LaSalle Hotel Properties beats by $0.06, beats on revenue
- LHO flat AH
LHO vs. ETF Alternatives
LaSalle Hotel Properties is a real estate investment trust. The Company's business includes buying, owing, redeveloping & leasing mainly upscale & luxury full-service hotels located in convention, resort & urban business markets.
Other News & PR