Dec. 15, 2014, 10:00 AM
- Select broadcast TV stocks are higher after the FCC approves the merger between Media General and LIN Media.
- Shares of the new combined company will trade under the Media General name and symbol after the deal closes later this month.
- Some media analysts think further consolidation within the sector is likely.
- Broadcasters: Media General (NYSE:MEG) +3.7%, LIN Media (NYSE:LIN) +3.0%, Nexstar Broadcasting Group (NASDAQ:NXST) +1.4%, Journal Communications (NYSE:JRN) +1.0%, Liberty Ventures (NASDAQ:LVNTA) +0.6%.
Nov. 6, 2014, 7:32 AM
Nov. 5, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAON, AAP, AAWW, AEE, AES, AINV, AKRX, AMCX, AMRC, AMSC, AOL, APA, AZN, BBG, BCE, BCRX, BDBD, BKCC, BR, CDW, CECE, CECO, CNK, CNQ, COTY, CPN, CRZO, CVC, CYNI, DNOW, DTV, ERJ, FSYS, FUN, FUR, GEO, GLP, GNRC, GOLD, HAIN, HII, HNR, HSC, HSIC, HSP, HZNP, IT, KATE, KERX, KLIC, LIN, LMIA, LPI, MITL, MPEL, MWIV, NAVB, NRF, NTWK, NXTM, ONE, OWW, PBH, PDCE, PERI, PHMD, PKD, PMC, PNK, POZN, PRFT, PRGO, PRIM, PTCT, RDNT, RGEN, SATS, SCMP, SFUN, SFY, SGM, SLH, SNI, SNMX, SRPT, TAP, TCPC, TDC, TEDU, THS, TK, TNDM, TPH, TU, VC, VIVO, WAC, WD, WEN, WIN, ZEUS
Oct. 6, 2014, 2:23 PM| Comment!
Aug. 5, 2014, 7:49 AM
Aug. 4, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ACM, ACT, ADM, AEE, AKRX, ALLT, AME, AMSC, ANSS, ARCC, ARCO, ARQL, BCRX, BLMN, CIE, CLDT, CNK, COH, CRZO, CVC, CVS, DWRE, EMR, END, ENZY, EXH, EXLP, EXPD, FE, FUN, GLDD, GTIV, GTXI, HCLP, HCP, HEP, IART, IFF, IIVI, INFI, IT, KWK, LIN, LPX, MDU, MGM, MMP, MSI, MWW, MZOR, NILE, NNN, [[NTi]], NVDQ, NWN, ODP, OXF, OZM, PMC, RBA, REGN, RHP, RIGL, RTI, SCMP, SCOR, SMG, SNSS, SPAR, STE, TDG, VMC, VSI, VTG, WLK, WNR, ZBRA, ZTS
Jun. 11, 2014, 5:36 PM
May. 1, 2014, 8:20 AM| Comment!
Apr. 28, 2014, 7:31 AM
Apr. 27, 2014, 5:30 PM
Mar. 21, 2014, 12:46 PM
Mar. 21, 2014, 9:15 AM
Mar. 21, 2014, 8:00 AM
- The combined company will be the 2nd largest pure-play TV broadcasting company, with 74 network-affiliated owned or serviced TV stations across 46 markets, reaching about 23% of U.S. TV households.
- LIN Media owners will receive $763M in cash and 49.5M shares of Media General (MEG) - total consideration of about $27.82 per share based on MEG's most recent 20-day average price. Lin closed last night at $14.90.
- Upon closing, Lin CEO Vincent Sadusky will become CEO of the new company to be named Media General.
- CC at 10 ET
- Press release
Feb. 6, 2014, 7:52 AM
Jan. 28, 2014, 6:59 AM
- Dish Network (DISH) and DirecTV (DTV) say they could start selling political ads next month under a new partnership which will help campaigns target voters based on data the satellite operators have gathered on subscribers.
- The new initiative poses a mild threat to broadcasters (NXST, LIN, GTN, SBGI, BLC, TRBAA) with the political season set to heat up later this year, although overall political ad spending is forecast to rise a healthy amount compared to the last mid-term election.
Jan. 16, 2014, 10:43 AM
- Wells Fargo is out with a spirited defense of broadcast stocks after the group got beat up over concerns about advertising trends and the lack of M&A opportunities.
- The most interesting point from Wells might be its view that concerns over Aereo are just a bunch of noise. The firm thinks even with a Supreme Court win Aereo will have to pay for local broadcast re-transmission.
- Related stocks: NXST, LIN, GTN, SBGI, BLC, TRBAA.
LIN Media LLC is a local multimedia company that operates or services approximately 43 television stations and seven digital channels in 23 U.S. markets, and a diverse portfolio of web sites, apps and mobile products.
Other News & PR