Wed, Apr. 1, 11:07 AM
- Lumber Liquidators (LL +4.6%) spikes higher on strong volume with some buzz over a posting by the EPA on proposed rules for formaldehyde standards with wood products.
- Shares of LL should be watched closely as the EPA doesn't make mention of Lumber Liquidators specifically in its statement - contrary to what some traders are claiming.
- EPA website update
Wed, Mar. 25, 1:14 PM
- Lumber Liquidators (LL +7.2%) trades higher after the CPSC presser.
- Investors seem to be gauging the testing method of the federal agency to be potentially less restrictive than the style of the California Air Resources Board.
- The CPSC plans to test finished products for formaldehyde released into the environment contrary to how 60 Minutes and CARB conducted its tests on the deconstructed products.
- Shares of LL are still down over 50% since 60 Minutes came calling.
- Previously: Lumber Liquidators spikes ahead of CPSC call
Wed, Mar. 25, 10:26 AM
- The Consumer Product Safety Commission confirms it's investigating Lumber Liquidators (NYSE:LL) over the safety of laminate products.
- CPSC Chairman Elliot Kaye says the probe will take several months to complete.
- Shares of Lumber Liquidators are 9.8% higher on heavy volume just as a CPSC press conference begins.
- Details to follow.
Wed, Mar. 25, 9:11 AM
Mon, Mar. 23, 9:54 AM
- New York Senator Chuck Schumer is pressing the Consumer Product Safety Commission to investigate Lumber Liquidators (LL -3.4%) over the safety of the company's products.
- On Seeking Alpha, Whitney Tilson has a new article titled "Lumber Liquidators is Evil" and Max Vision has a breakdown of the disclosures by the California Air Resource Board on the company.
- Shares of Lumber Liquidators hit a new 52-week in early trading.
Wed, Mar. 18, 3:25 AM
- Lumber Liquidators (NYSE:LL) has sent free "idiot-proof" formaldehyde test kits following the damaging 60 Minutes report that accused the company of selling contaminated laminate flooring from China.
- Environmental Diagnostics Laboratory, which manufactures and analyzes the kits, estimates it sent out 3,000-5,000 sets so far.
- LL shares have tumbled 42.7% since the report surfaced on March 1.
Fri, Mar. 13, 8:41 AM
- Lumber Liquidators (NYSE:LL) is down 4.1% in premarket trading to $34.60.
- Shares of the company bottomed out at $27.79 following the 60 Minutes story and are still trading with a high level of daily volatility.
- Investors needing to play catch-up on the story have plenty to pick through: Lumber Liquidators news timeline, Trading Alpha (long take), Paulo Santos, Whitney Tilson (short take), Donovan Royal (industry insider take).
Thu, Mar. 12, 2:14 PM
- Whitney Tilson calls Lumber Liquidators (LL +13.3%) a better short opportunity now than before 60 Minutes aired its piece on the company in a new article posted on SA.
- Tilson calls it an insult to investors that execs with Lumber Liquidators didn't take questions during this morning's conference call.
- The investor discloses he doubled his short position in LL last week.
- Trading volume on Lumber Liquidators is already 3X normal activity today.
- Previously: Lumber Liquidators +12.7% after conference call
Thu, Mar. 12, 12:36 PM
- Shares of Lumber Liquidators (NYSE:LL) are 12.7% higher to $36.88 after the company holds a press conference to provide a business update.
- The company was full of details on its safety testing process and says its will offer free testing to consumers.
- Specific financial guidance wasn't issued, although pricing adjustments and an increased marketing spend may be needed to stoke sales, say execs.
- Lumber Liquidators business update conference call webcast
Thu, Mar. 12, 9:14 AM
Thu, Mar. 12, 2:55 AM
- Lumber Liquidators (NYSE:LL) founder and chairman, Tom Sullivan, hopes today's conference call will give his company a chance to "show our side of the story," and declared that the "real story" about the retailer is only starting to come out.
- Yesterday, activist investor Robert Chapman revealed he had taken a long position in Lumber Liquidators despite Sunday's damaging 60 Minutes formaldehyde report that sent the stock into a nosedive.
- LL +6.1% premarket
Wed, Mar. 11, 11:08 AM
Tue, Mar. 10, 3:03 PM
- Lumber Liquidators (LL +6.7%) has been asked by the Connecticut AG for information on flooring it sold to customers.
- There is a not-to-subtle hint from the state office on compensation for customers sold flooring with formaldehyde.
- Also in the background today, the company set a conference call for Thursday and Citron Research came out with a cautionary note on shorting LL at current levels.
- Previously: Lumber Liquidators sets conference call to discuss safety and Q1 outlook
- Shares of Lumber Liquidators (NYSE:LL) are up 6.59% to $29.79 on the day.
Tue, Mar. 10, 12:45 PM
Tue, Mar. 10, 7:10 AM
- Lumber Liquidators (NYSE:LL) sets an agenda for a business update scheduled for March 12 at 10:00 a.m. ET by conference call.
- Topics include an outlook on Q1 and information on the safety of its products.
- "What's Causing the Confusion" is the title of one talking point.
- LL -59.4% post-60 Minutes story.
Mon, Mar. 9, 2:34 PM
- Lumber Liquidators (LL -15.0%) takes another pummeling on heavy volume to carve out new 52-week lows.
- Federal probes, lawsuits, and formidable shorts in a vocal mood are all in the background.
- Previously: Lumber Liquidators loses another 12% as senator calls for federal probe (Mar. 04 2015)
- Previously: Tilson says he "significantly" increased his Lumber Liquidators short position (Mar. 06 2015)
- SA articles: Whitney Tilson, GeoInvesting, Rich Robinson
LL vs. ETF Alternatives
Lumber Liquidators Holdings Inc is a specialty retailer of hardwood flooring in North America. It offers products including domestic hardwood species, engineered hardwood, laminate, vinyl plank, bamboo and cork.
Other News & PR