Thu, May 21, 9:16 AM
Thu, May 21, 8:37 AM
Tue, May 19, 11:09 AM| 2 Comments
Tue, May 12, 8:12 AM
- Lumber Liquidators (NYSE:LL) is lower in early trading after reports emerge indicating insurance companies are refusing to defend the company in class-action lawsuits.
- The insurers are leaning on some of the fine print in the policies to avoid jumping into the cases.
- Lumber Liquidators has filed breach of contract lawsuits against several of the insurance companies in response.
- LL -2.39% premarket to $27.39.
Thu, May 7, 9:23 AM| Comment!
Fri, May 1, 9:30 AM
- Xuhua Zhou, who raised the original red flag on Lumber Liquidators' floors back in 2013, says Lowe's (NYSE:LOW) floors are riddled with the same formaldehyde issues that sent LL's stock into a tailspin after the infamous 60 Minutes segment on March 1.
- Independent tests show that one of Lowe's floors scores 10x the allowed formaldehyde threshold. To put that in context, 60 Minutes tested 31 samples from Lumber Liquidators; Lowe's Chocolate Cherry Hickory would have been the third worst of all 31 samples. The results from Lowe's were 1.134 ppm. The CARB 2 threshold is 0.11 ppm.
- 60 Minutes seems to have taken Global Community Monitor's testing of Home Depot (NYSE:HD) and Lowe's products at face value, and did no independent testing. Still, Zhou's research suggests that Home Depot's flooring is CARB 2 compliant.
- Source: Lowe's Laminate Flooring May Have Issues Similar To Lumber Liquidators'
- Note: LOW puts were 20x more active than usual yesterday
- Got a news tip or analyst note you'd like to see us cover? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wed, Apr. 29, 12:45 PM
Wed, Apr. 29, 9:17 AM
Wed, Apr. 29, 7:35 AM
- Lumber Liquidators (NYSE:LL) reports comparable-store sales fell 1.8% in Q1 on a 4.4% drop in customers invoiced.
- The comp was -17.8% during the month of March (60 Minutes aired its damaging piece on March 1).
- The company's gross margin rate fell 590 bps to 35.2% due to promotional pricing in the quarter.
- SG&A expense rate +550 bps to 37.5%.
- Guidance: Q2 sales through April 27 are down 1.9% Y/Y. The company expects a gross margin rate of 31% to 32% for April. No full-year guidance is issued.
- Previously: Lumber Liquidators misses by $0.44, beats on revenue
- LL -13.1% premarket to $29.05.
Mon, Apr. 6, 8:20 AM
- Lumber Liquidators (NYSE:LL) is seeing some buying action in early trading.
- A bullish note Raymond James on testing of laminated wood flooring products is sparking the mini-rally.
- The investment firm's message is similar to Lumber Liquidators claim that products comply with the standards set by the California Air Resource Board.
- LL +2.44% premarket to $34.01.
Wed, Apr. 1, 11:07 AM
- Lumber Liquidators (LL +4.6%) spikes higher on strong volume with some buzz over a posting by the EPA on proposed rules for formaldehyde standards with wood products.
- Shares of LL should be watched closely as the EPA doesn't make mention of Lumber Liquidators specifically in its statement - contrary to what some traders are claiming.
- EPA website update
Wed, Mar. 25, 1:14 PM
- Lumber Liquidators (LL +7.2%) trades higher after the CPSC presser.
- Investors seem to be gauging the testing method of the federal agency to be potentially less restrictive than the style of the California Air Resources Board.
- The CPSC plans to test finished products for formaldehyde released into the environment contrary to how 60 Minutes and CARB conducted its tests on the deconstructed products.
- Shares of LL are still down over 50% since 60 Minutes came calling.
- Previously: Lumber Liquidators spikes ahead of CPSC call
Wed, Mar. 25, 10:26 AM
- The Consumer Product Safety Commission confirms it's investigating Lumber Liquidators (NYSE:LL) over the safety of laminate products.
- CPSC Chairman Elliot Kaye says the probe will take several months to complete.
- Shares of Lumber Liquidators are 9.8% higher on heavy volume just as a CPSC press conference begins.
- Details to follow.
Wed, Mar. 25, 9:11 AM
Mon, Mar. 23, 9:54 AM
- New York Senator Chuck Schumer is pressing the Consumer Product Safety Commission to investigate Lumber Liquidators (LL -3.4%) over the safety of the company's products.
- On Seeking Alpha, Whitney Tilson has a new article titled "Lumber Liquidators is Evil" and Max Vision has a breakdown of the disclosures by the California Air Resource Board on the company.
- Shares of Lumber Liquidators hit a new 52-week in early trading.
Fri, Mar. 13, 8:41 AM
- Lumber Liquidators (NYSE:LL) is down 4.1% in premarket trading to $34.60.
- Shares of the company bottomed out at $27.79 following the 60 Minutes story and are still trading with a high level of daily volatility.
- Investors needing to play catch-up on the story have plenty to pick through: Lumber Liquidators news timeline, Trading Alpha (long take), Paulo Santos, Whitney Tilson (short take), Donovan Royal (industry insider take).
LL vs. ETF Alternatives
Lumber Liquidators Holdings Inc is a specialty retailer of hardwood flooring in North America. It offers products including domestic hardwood species, engineered hardwood, laminate, vinyl plank, bamboo and cork.
Other News & PR