Mon, Sep. 21, 3:45 PM
- Lumber Liquidators (LL -5.1%) is called a company in a state of "flux" by Piper Jaffray's Peter Keith after he met with senior management at the lumber seller.
- Though a new business model and initiatives at Lumber Liquidators look promising, legal and regulatory risk remain a constant. Keith also warns on longer-term gross margin rates. SA Contributor Elephant Analytics presented a deeper dive into LL's gross margin issues last month.
- Shares of Lumber Liquidators dropped below $15 for the first time since in two weeks today.
Thu, Aug. 20, 9:14 AM
Thu, Aug. 20, 7:09 AM
Tue, Aug. 18, 10:10 AM
- A strong housing starts report and a brisk earnings report from Home Depot appears to be giving a lift to other building products sellers.
- Lowe's (LOW +0.7%), Builders FirstSource (BLDR +2.9%), Stock Building Supply Holdings (STCK +1%), and Hardwoods Distribution (OTC:HDIUF +7.3%), Ply Gem Holdings (PGEM +0.5%), and Lumber Liquidators (LL +3.2%) are all higher on the day with the S&P 500 and Dow negative.
- Previously: New all-time high for retail standout Home Depot (Aug. 18 2015)
Fri, Aug. 14, 2:11 PM
Wed, Aug. 5, 12:48 PM
Wed, Aug. 5, 9:19 AM
- Gainers: FNJN +60%. BIOC +13%. FSLR +11%. KATE +9%. Z +9%. HRB +8%. OAS +8%. TSEM +8%. PCLN +7%. SLTD +7%. MSI +6%. ATVI +6%. SUPN +6%. LC +6%. CTSH +6%. BBL +6%. SDRL +5%.
- Losers: SALE -33%. OHGI -28%. LL -24%. BOOT -23%. ETSY -20%. TRMB -13%. GLUU -10%. RSO -10%. DIS -9%. NYMT -7%. MEMP -7%. GNW -7%. PWR -7%. CERN -6%. PZZA -6%.
Wed, Aug. 5, 8:24 AM
- Lumber Liquidators (NYSE:LL) is lower in early trading after reporting a 10% drop in comparable-store sales in Q2.
- The company reported a 7.6% decline in number of customers billed and a 2.4% drop in average sale total.
- Promotional pricing during the quarter led to a plunge in LL's gross margin rate to 25.1% from 40.4%.
- Guidance: The company expects to open 20 to 25 new stores in the expanded format. No outlook for sales or EPS is doled out by management.
- Previously: Lumber Liquidators misses by $0.81, misses on revenue
- LL -19.3% to $14.81.
Mon, Jun. 15, 8:51 AM
- Lumber Liquidators (NYSE:LL) announces it promoted Marco Pescara to serve as its Chief Merchandising and Marketing Officer.
- The move will combine the marketing and merchandising departments under Pescara's control.
- Chief Merchandising Officer William Schlegle has been let go to make way for Pescara.
- LL -1.77% premarket.
Fri, Jun. 12, 11:22 AM
- Shares of Lumber Liquidators (NYSE:LL) are up 6.65% on some vague market rumors that home improvement giant Home Depot is interested in acquiring the embattled flooring seller.
- Home Depot is trading in-line with market averages as investors ignore the speculation.
Mon, Jun. 8, 1:39 PM
- Lumber Liquidators (LL -4.3%) trades lower in reaction to questions being raised by the EPA on the company's do-it-yourself home testing method and some claims around formaldehyde contamination.
- The government agency is also pointing out that it doesn't have established standards on formaldehyde, although rules proposed in 2013 could be implemented this year.
- EPA statement on Lumber Liquidators
Thu, May 21, 9:16 AM
Thu, May 21, 8:37 AM
Tue, May 19, 11:09 AM| Tue, May 19, 11:09 AM | 2 Comments
Tue, May 12, 8:12 AM
- Lumber Liquidators (NYSE:LL) is lower in early trading after reports emerge indicating insurance companies are refusing to defend the company in class-action lawsuits.
- The insurers are leaning on some of the fine print in the policies to avoid jumping into the cases.
- Lumber Liquidators has filed breach of contract lawsuits against several of the insurance companies in response.
- LL -2.39% premarket to $27.39.
Thu, May 7, 9:23 AM
LL vs. ETF Alternatives
Lumber Liquidators Holdings Inc is a specialty retailer of hardwood flooring in North America. It offers products including domestic hardwood species, engineered hardwood, laminate, vinyl plank, bamboo and cork.
Other News & PR