Mon, Feb. 2, 4:59 PM
- Limelight (NASDAQ:LLNW) is guiding for 2015 revenue of $156M-$164M and EPS of -$0.10 to -$0.20, above a consensus of $153.9M and -$0.21.
- Q4 gross margin was 39.6%, down from 41.4% in Q3 but up from 36.2% a year ago. Operating expenses fell 2% Q/Q and 10% Y/Y to $22M.
- $2M was spent on buybacks at an average price of $2.83. The CDN owner ended Q4 with $93.1M in cash/marketable securities (equal to nearly 1/3 of its current market cap), and no debt.
- Shares are at $2.90 in AH trading.
- Q4 results, PR
Mon, Feb. 2, 4:03 PM
Sun, Feb. 1, 5:35 PM
Nov. 10, 2014, 5:36 PM
Nov. 10, 2014, 4:22 PM
Nov. 9, 2014, 5:35 PM
Oct. 16, 2014, 1:41 PM
- Stating checks indicate Akamai's (AKAM -2.2%) media traffic has dropped in October, Wells Fargo has downgraded the CDN leader to Market Perform, and cut its valuation range to $57-$61 from $70-$75.
- Wells is also worried about the impact of a strong dollar on Akamai's foreign sales. eBay disclosed yesterday forex is taking a toll on its 2H14 performance.
- Akamai was hit earlier this year by news major customer Apple is following Netflix's lead by building its own CDN; the CDN went live this summer. The company has made cutting its dependence on low-margin media delivery sales a priority.
- Rival Limelight (LLNW -2.5%), more dependent on media delivery than Akamai, is also off. Akamai's Q3 report is due on July 30.
Aug. 4, 2014, 4:04 PM
Aug. 3, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ACLS, ACXM, AEIS, AIG, ANV, APL, AREX, BRS, CAR, CHGG, CKEC, CKP, CNQR, CRK, CUTR, DRC, ECOM, ELNK, ENH, EOX, EPAM, GTAT, ININ, IRWD, JMBA, KAMN, KONA, LF, LLNW, LMNS, MCEP, MDR, MRO, MWA, NLS, OGS, OTTR, PHH, PL, PLOW, PXD, QLYS, REGI, ROSE, RP, RTEC, SALE, SNHY, THC, TNET, TNET, TSRA, TXRH, VNO, VNR, VVC, WAGE, Y
Jun. 16, 2014, 10:04 AM
- P-E firm Tuition Build has offered to buy Limelight (LLNW) for $644.7M, or $6.55/share - a 131% premium to Friday's close.
- However, Limelight says it has "concluded that Tuition Build does not have the experience, credentials, financial resources, or capability to complete the proposed transaction," and that investors should "disregard" the offer.
- Limelight has been posting Y/Y revenue declines and losses amid softer demand from Netflix, which has been busy building its own CDN. Tuition Build's offer comes as Limelight rival Level 3 announces a $7.3B deal to buy TW Telecom.
Jun. 16, 2014, 9:15 AM
Jun. 2, 2014, 7:05 PM
- The Supreme Court has ruled Limelight (NASDAQ:LLNW) is "not liable for inducing infringement" of an Akamai (NASDAQ:AKAM) CDN patent. (court ruling - .pdf)
- The SC's ruling overturns a guilty verdict against Limelight from a federal appeals court. The case was closely watched by tech companies who feared an Akamai victory would open the door to a large number of frivolous lawsuits from litigants claiming induced infringement.
- Google, Oracle, Cisco, and other tech giants backed Limelight in the dispute, as did the White House.
- LLNW +1.7% AH.
May 21, 2014, 2:41 PM
- Akamai (AKAM +2.9%) and Level 3 (LVLT +0.4%), pressured lately by reports Apple and Comcast are planning to launch CDNs, are higher today, though Level 3 has given back some of its early gains. Limelight (LLNW +1.4%) is also up.
- Dan Rayburn has reported Apple, a major Akamai customer, is busy building out a large CDN infrastructure to deliver its content, and is also negotiating direct peering/interconnection deals with top ISPs. He originally wrote about Apple's CDN ambitions in February.
- Rayburn also reports Comcast has joined the ranks of carriers building its own last-mile CDN. He thinks some content owners who use Comcast's service might "pay 20%-40% less than what they pay now," given Comcast already owns the network on which the CDN is being built.
- Akamai, which still claims the world's biggest CDN and proprietary routing algorithms, has tried to counter the carrier CDN threat by striking partnerships - its client list includes AT&T, Telefonica, and Orange. It has also been trying to lower its dependence on a commodity media delivery business (includes sales to Apple) that's seeing intense price pressure.
May 6, 2014, 4:35 PM
May 5, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ACLS, AFG, AGU, ALL, AMTG, ARC, ARRS, ATVI, AVNR, AVNW, AWR, BEAT, BID, BIO, CENT, CHUY, CNVR, CODE, CPT, CSU, CYH, CYNI, DDR, DIS, DLR, DPM, DTLK, EA, EGAN, ENPH, ETE, ETP, EXTR, FEYE, FMC, FNGN, FRGI, FSLR, FST, FTR, GALE, GHDX, GNC, GNMK, GRPN, IAG, ICUI, IMI, JIVE, LBTYA, LGCY, LLNW, LYV, MCHP, MITT, MOVE, MPO, MRO, MTDR, MYGN, NYMT, OCLR, OKE, OKS, PBPB, PEGA, PSEC, PXD, PZZA, QGEN, QUAD, RDN, REGI, RGP, RLOC, RP, SAAS, SAPE, SGMO, SPA, SSNI, SXL, THOR, THRX, TRIP, TRMB, TRMR, TSRA, WES, WFM, WTI, ZAGG, ZU.
Mar. 19, 2014, 2:41 PM
LLNW vs. ETF Alternatives
Limelight Networks Inc operates a computing platform. The Company provides services including content delivery services, video content management services, performance services for website and web application acceleration, and cloud storage services.
Other News & PR