Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) is dedicated to building exceptionally engineered personal computers. Lenovo's business model is built on innovation, operational efficiency and customer satisfaction as well as a focus on investment in emerging markets. Formed by Lenovo Group's acquisition of the... More
Thursday, Nov 73:24 AM
Thursday, Nov 73:24 AM| 1 Comment
- Lenovo's (LNVGF) FQ2 net profit rose 36% to $219.7M and exceeded analyst expectations of $201M, lifted by higher margins in China and increased sales of smartphones.
- Revenue climbed 13% to $9.77B and beat consensus of $9.41B.
- Lenovo's Chinese margins grew to 6.8% in fiscal H1 from 6.1% a year earlier, due to higher average selling prices and cost controls. However, margins dropped in the Americas region.
- Lenovo's FQ2 world-wide PC shipments edged up 2% vs a sector-wide decline of 7.6%.
- Smartphone shipments surged over 78% to 12.3M units.
- Lenovo intends to seek acquisitions to help its expansion. (PR)
Wednesday, Aug 1410:35 PM
Wednesday, Aug 1410:35 PM| Comment!
- Lenovo (LNVGY.PK) — now the world's largest PC maker — posts an FQ1 net profit of $174M (+23% Y/Y), beating consensus estimates by $8M.
- Revenue for the period comes in at $8.78B, up 10% Y/Y.
- Gross margin and operating margin were 13.6% and 2.3% respectively for Q1. (presentation)
- Shares +2.9% in Hong Kong trade.
Thursday, May 235:18 AM
Thursday, Nov 82012, 9:27 AM
- View all 1 replies
Seppo Sahrakorpi:: For FY12/13, Lenovo's PC shipments grew 10.2% year-over-year, compared to an overall industry decline of 8.1% during this same period.