Oct. 22, 2013, 5:35 PM
- AEM, AIZ, AKAM, ALGT, ANGI, ASGN, AVB, BDN, CAKE, CDNS, CLGX, CMO, CMRE, CTXS, CVA, EFX, EGHT, EQIX, ESV, ETFC, EVR, FBHS, FFIV, FIO, FOE,FTNT, GGG, HRC, INFN, KFN, LOGI, LRCX, LSI, MLNX, NOW, NXPI, ORLY, PLCM, PLXS, QDEL, QTM, RE, SCI, SGMO, SKX, SLG, SRCL, STMP, SUSQ, SWFT, SYMC, T, TAL, TCBI, TER, TEX, TMK, TQNT, TRIP, TSCO, TYL, VAR, WLL, WRE
Oct. 22, 2013, 2:30 PM
- The expected 7.9" retina iPad Mini (AAPL -1%) has the same resolution (2048x1536) as the 9.7" iPad Air. Both devices also have A7 CPUs, a 5MP rear camera and and HD front camera, improved Wi-Fi performance, and 10 hours of promised battery life.
- Apple plans to charge a relatively steep $399 for the 16GB Wi-Fi-only retina Mini; Google's 2nd-gen Nexus 7 and Amazon's 7" Kindle Fire HDX, both of which also have high-res displays, start at $229.
- The first-gen Mini's starting price has been cut to $299 from $329. That still leaves it priced well above the $200-and-cheaper 7" Android devices that have taken a large chunk of the tablet market.
- Like the iPad Air, the retina Mini begins shipping on Nov. 1. No fingerprint sensor was disclosed for either device.
- New iPad Smart Covers ($39) and full-wrap covers ($79) have been shown off, but the rumored keyboard cover hasn't. Logitech (LOGI +1.2%) has ticked higher in response.
- Apple shares have dipped after the retina Mini's pricing was revealed.
- More on Apple. Live blog.
Oct. 22, 2013, 12:17 PM
- Ahead of Apple's 1PM ET iPad event (webcast, live blog), Cowen's Timothy Arcuri has joined Reuters in reporting retina iPad Mini (AAPL -0.6%) supplies will be light until 2014 due to display manufacturing issues.
- Former Apple employee Jamie Ryan reports hearing from a couple of current employees Apple has prototyped an iPad keyboard cover similar to Microsoft's Surface Touch Covers. If Apple launches a keyboard accessory, it could be bad news for Logitech (LOGI +0.7%), whose Ultrathin iPad keyboard covers have sold very well.
- Though multiple reports indicate Apple has slashed iPhone 5C production and upped 5S production, Localytics' latest activation data indicates the global ratio of in-use 5S to 5C units has fallen to 2.3:1, from 3.3:1 near launch time. In the U.S., the ratio has dropped to 1.9:1 from 3:1.
- Localytics also reports the second and first-gen iPads (neither have retina displays) still respectively make up 38% and 8% of the global iPad base; many of those users might be keen on upgrading. The 3rd-gen model is said to be make up 19%, the 4th-gen 18%, and the Mini 17%.
Oct. 1, 2013, 4:24 PM
- Evleaks has posted a picture of Logitech's (LOGI -1.4%) expected iPhone game controller. The device, already the subject of a June image leak that provided less detail, has five buttons on its right side, and a console-like navigation pad on its left; the iPhone fits in between. The setup makes the iPhone look quite a bit like a PS Vita.
- iOS 7's game controller support has opened the door for Logitech and its rivals to offer controller accessories, and (assuming they find the market large enough) for mobile game developers to build titles taking advantage of them. Mobile accessories have been a bright spot for Logitech, thanks largely to strong sale of its Ultrathin iPad keyboard covers.
Sep. 3, 2013, 9:12 AM
Aug. 28, 2013, 6:08 PM
- Logitech (LOGI -1.5%) is taking aim at MacBook owners with the launch of its Ultrathin Touch Mouse. The Bluetooth device sports a sleek, brushed metallic body meant to complement the MacBook's aesthetic.
- The company will also offer a black version for Windows Ultrabook users.
- Logitech's "pointing device" sales seem to have leveled off. Revenue from the division declined 1% in the quarter ended June 30, after having fallen 6.8% in FY 2013.
Jul. 25, 2013, 9:15 AM
Jul. 25, 2013, 6:14 AM
Jul. 24, 2013, 12:10 AMNotable earnings after Wednesday’s close: AEM, AIZ, AKAM, AMCC, AMP, ANGI, ARII, ASGN, AVB, BDN, BIDU, CA, CAKE, CCI, CDNS, CLGX, CMO, CMRE, COG, CROX, CTXS, CYH, EFX, EGHT, EQIX, ETFC, FB, FBHS, FFIV, FLOW, FLS, FOE, FTNT, GGG, GPRE, HRC, IM, INFN, ITC, ITMN, KEX, LOGI, LSI, LVS, MLNX, MTSN, NFX, OI, OII, ORLY, PDH, PMTC, QCOM, RJF, RRC, RT, RYL, SCI, SGMO, SKX, SLG, SQNM, SRCL, SUSQ, SWFT, SYNC, TAL, TCBI, TER, TEX, TQNT, TRIP, TSCO, TWI, V, VAR, WCRX, WDC, WLL, WRE, WSH, XOOM, ZNGA | Jul. 24, 2013, 12:10 AM | Comment!
Jul. 23, 2013, 5:35 PMNotable earnings after Wednesday’s close: AEM, AIZ, AKAM, AMCC, AMP, ANGI, ARII, ASGN, AVB, BDN, BIDU, CA, CAKE, CCI, CDNS, CLGX, CMO, CMRE, COG, CROX, CTXS, CYH, EFX, EGHT, EQIX, ETFC, FB, FBHS, FFIV, FLOW, FLS, FOE, FTNT, GGG, GPRE, HRC, IM, INFN, ITC, ITMN, KEX, LOGI, LSI, LVS, MLNX, MTSN, NFX, OI, OII, ORLY, PDH, PMTC, QCOM, RJF, RRC, RT, RYL, SCI, SGMO, SKX, SLG, SQNM, SRCL, SUSQ, SWFT, SYNC, TAL, TCBI, TER, TEX, TQNT, TRIP, TSCO, TWI, V, VAR, WCRX, WDC, WLL, WRE, WSH, XOOM, ZNGA | Jul. 23, 2013, 5:35 PM | Comment!
Jun. 20, 2013, 12:00 PMLogitech (LOGI -1.2%) backtracks on plans to divest its Harmony universal remote line: the peripherals maker cites the success of its recently-launched/top-of-the-line Harmony Ultimate, which controls everything from game consoles to Philips LED lights. Logitech also announces it's selling now selling the Harmony Ultimate Hub, which turn iOS/Android phones into universal remotes with the help of an app, as a standalone $100 accessory - until now, it only came bundled with the $350 Ultimate and the $130 Harmony Smart. (PR) | Jun. 20, 2013, 12:00 PM | Comment!
Jun. 17, 2013, 5:26 PMA week after it was reported iOS 7 (AAPL) will add game controller support, gaming site Kotaku has leaked a picture of a Logitech (LOGI) iPhone controller. Once an iPhone is placed in the middle of the controller, the device strongly resembles a PlayStation Vita. The leak comes in a month that has already seen Logitech grow its mobile exposure by acquiring iPhone accessories startup TT Design Labs. | Jun. 17, 2013, 5:26 PM | Comment!
Jun. 14, 2013, 5:21 PMiOS 7 (AAPL) comes with specs enabling game controllers to interact with iDevices, according to a developer doc seen by the WSJ. Though the doc says controllers "must not be required" for a game to work, it's still likely music to the ears of game developers (EA, ATVI, TTWO, GLUU), who have both been trying to profit from tremendous mobile gameplay growth, and struggling to get users to pay up-front (as opposed to downloading free-to-play titles). The report comes a month after Tim Cook said Apple will give developers more options to customize iOS, and days after IDC and App Annie predicted mobile game revenue will top $12B this year. Nvidia (NVDA) is trying to kick-start controller-based Android gaming via its Shield console. | Jun. 14, 2013, 5:21 PM | 9 Comments
Jun. 6, 2013, 5:29 PMLogitech (LOGI) is raising its mobile accessories bet by acquiring crowdfunded iPhone accessories startup TT Design Labs. The purchase comes as sales of Logitech's PC and home electronics peripherals nosedive, and its sales of mobile accessories surge - the company's iPad Ultrathin Keyboard Cover has been a hit. | Jun. 6, 2013, 5:29 PM | Comment!
May 22, 2013, 12:38 PM
Apr. 25, 2013, 4:06 AM
LOGI vs. ETF Alternatives
Logitech International SA together with its consolidated subsidiaries develops and markets hardware and software products that enables digital navigation, music and video entertainment, gaming and social networking.
Other News & PR