Thu, Jul. 23, 9:38 AM
- In spite of weak PC/tablet markets and a strong Swiss franc, Logitech (NASDAQ:LOGI) is maintaining FY16 (ends March '16) op. income guidance of $150M. Guidance for 7% constant currency retail sales growth is also reiterated; the revenue growth consensus (in actual dollars) is -2.3%.
- Product line performance: Mobile speakers and video collaboration (videoconferencing) were once more strong points: Sales respectively rose 41% and 39% Y/Y to $40.5M and $21.2M. Tablet & other accessories were soft, falling 41% to $18.8M. Gaming -7% to $43.7M; pointing devices +3% to $117M; keyboards/combos roughly flat at $105.8M; PC/wearables audio -6% to $45.7M, PC webcams +6% to $21.7M; home control (remotes) -17% to $10.3M.
- Financials: Gross margin (non-GAAP) fell 120 bps Y/Y to 36.7%. Operating expenses were nearly flat at $141.4M. Logitech ended FQ1 with $492.3M in cash (equal to roughly 1/5 of its market cap), and no debt.
- FQ1 results, PR
Wed, Jul. 22, 10:54 PM
Tue, Jul. 21, 5:35 PM| Tue, Jul. 21, 5:35 PM | 5 Comments
Wed, Apr. 22, 11:49 PM
Tue, Apr. 21, 5:35 PM| Tue, Apr. 21, 5:35 PM | 6 Comments
Wed, Mar. 11, 11:13 AM
- Logitech (LOGI -2.4%) uses its 2015 analyst day to reiterate guidance for 2015 revenue of $2.11B (in-line with consensus) and op. income of $185M. The company has also guided for 2016 revenue of $2.15B (slightly below a $2.16B consensus) and op. income of $150M.
- The PC/mobile/living room peripherals maker notes a strong dollar "will have a significant impact on our financial results moving forward," and that it's taking steps to deal with the issue, including "pricing adjustments and the further reduction of our global cost structure."
- Logitech promises to return $500M to shareholders over the next 3 years - $250M via dividends, and $250M through an existing buyback program. The board plans to request shareholder approval for $85M worth of 2015 dividend payments at this year's annual meeting.
- Logitech's analyst day slides
Thu, Jan. 22, 12:44 PM
- A strong dollar has led Logitech (NASDAQ:LOGI) to cut its FY15 (ends March '15) revenue guidance to $2.11B (below a $2.13B consensus) from $2.16B. However, op. income guidance has still been hiked by $15M to $185M.
- Gross margin rose 240 bps Y/Y in seasonally huge FQ3 to 36.5%, aiding Logitech's EPS beat. GAAP opex rose a modest 3% to $166.6M.
- Segment performance: PC gaming revenue +21% Y/Y to $70.2M. Tablets/other accessories -18% to $55.1M. Mobile speakers +86% to $62.3M (driven by UE Boom speaker sales). Pointing devices nearly flat at $141.8M. PC keyboards/desktops +5% to $114.1M. Audio (PC & wearables) -15% to $58.7M. Video +22% to $46.7M. Remotes -4% to $25.2M.
- On a sell-through basis, Americas sales were up 11% in constant currency,, Asia-Pac sales up 7%, and EMEA sales down 2% (down 9% in dollars).
- FQ3 results, PR, earnings slides (.pdf)
Thu, Jan. 22, 1:35 AM
Tue, Jan. 20, 5:35 PM
Oct. 23, 2014, 2:50 PM
- Logitech (NASDAQ:LOGI) is reiterating FY15 (ends March '15) revenue guidance of $2.16B; consensus is at $2.15B.
- The Q3 beat was fueled by a 143% Y/Y increase in mobile speaker sales to $48.5M. A 41% increase in remote sales to $18.8M also helped.
- Other segments: Tablets/other accessories (inc. iPad cases) -19% to $28.2M; pointing devices -2% to $127.7M; PC keyboards/desktops nearly flat at $105.7M; PC/wearables audio -17% to $58.7M; video +3% to $37.6M.
- Gross margin rose 270 bps Y/Y to 38.8%. Job cuts allowed opex to fall 5% to $147.2M.
- FQ2 results, PR
Oct. 23, 2014, 12:58 AM
Oct. 21, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ACTG, ALB, ALGT, AWH, BCR, BDN, CA, CAKE, CLB, CLGX, CLW, CTXS, CVA, EEFT, EFX, EGHT, FTK, FTNT, GGG, IBKC, INFN, LEG, LHO, LOGI, LRCX, MKSI, MKTO, MLNX, MSA, NOW, NXPI, ORLY, OTEX, PLCM, PLXS, RE, RJF, SCSS, SFG, SGMO, SHLM, SKX, SLG, SLM, SUSQ, T, TAL, TCBI, TER, TILE, TMK, TSCO, TYL, USTR, VAR, WFT, YELP
Jul. 24, 2014, 12:38 AM
Apr. 24, 2014, 9:22 AM
- NXP (NXPI) expects Q2 revenue of $1.30B-$1.35B and EPS of $1.00-$1.10, largely favorable to a consensus of $1.30B and $1.02. Shares +2.5% premarket. (Q1 results, PR)
- Yandex (YNDX) expects 25%-30% 2014 ruble-based revenue growth vs. a consensus for 29% growth. Shares -0.9% premarket. (Q1 results, PR)
- Sonus (SONS) expects Q2 revenue of $73M-$75M ($33M-$35M from SBCs and diameter signaling) and EPS of $0.01 vs. a consensus of $74M and $0.01. Full-year guidance is for revenue of $300M ($168M from SBCs and diameter signaling) and EPS of $0.05 vs. a consensus of $301.8M and $0.05. Shares +2.9% premarket. (Q1 results, PR)
- Logitech (LOGI) is reiterating FY15 (ends March '15) guidance for revenue of $2.16B and op. income of $145M. The revenue forecast is below a $2.17B consensus. Shares -2.9% premarket. (FQ4 results, PR)
Apr. 24, 2014, 3:35 AM
Apr. 23, 2014, 12:10 AM
- AAPL, AHL, AIZ, ALGN, ALGT, ANGI, ASGN, AVB, AWH, BRKL, CAKE, CBI, CCI, CHDN, CLB, CLW, CSGP, CTXS, EFX, ELY, ETFC, FB, FFIV, FIO, FLS, FNB, FOE, FR, FTNT, GGG, GHL, GRT, HAWK, IM, INFN, KALU, KFN, LOGI, LPLA, LRCX, MKSI, NEU, NOW, NXPI, OII, ORLY, PEI, PLCM, QCOM, QDEL, RE, RHI, RJF, RMD, SCI, SFG, SLG, SPNC, SUSQ, SWY, SXC, SYA, SYK, TAL, TCBI, TER, TILE, TQNT, TSCO, TXN, TYL, USTR, VAR, XLNX, ZNGA
LOGI vs. ETF Alternatives
Logitech International SA together with its consolidated subsidiaries develops and markets hardware and software products that enables digital navigation, music and video entertainment, gaming and social networking.
Other News & PR