Wed, Apr. 29, 4:52 PM| Comment!
Tue, Apr. 28, 5:35 PM
- AEL, AFFX, AR, ARII, ARRS, ASGN, ASH, ATRC, ATW, AVG, AXS, BIDU, BLKB, BVN, CACI, CAVM, CBT, CHMT, CMO, CMPR, CNO, CNW, COHR, CRL, CSGP, CSII, CW, CWT, DOX, DRE, DXCM, DYAX, ECOL, ELGX, EQIX, EQY, ES, ESV, EXL, EXR, FLEX, FOE, FORM, FORR, GLUU, HOLX, HOS, HY, IPCM, ISIL, KAMN, KEG, KEX, KRA, LNC, LOCK, LOPE, LXRX, MAA, MAC, MANT, MAR, MDAS, MEOH, MEP, MMLP, MTGE, MTW, MUR, NE, NSR, NXPI, O, OGS, OIS, PDM, PPC, PRXL, PTC, QEP, QUIK, RKT, ROG, RRTS, SAM, SCI, SFLY, SGI, SPOK, SPRT, SSS, STAA, STR, SU, TAL, TCO, TEX, TILE, TTEK, TTMI, TX, UNM, VAR, VRTX, WLL, WMB, WMGI, WTS, XL, YELP
Mon, Apr. 27, 7:27 AM
- For-profit education stocks could see some volatility after Corinthian Colleges (NASDAQ:COCO) decides to shut down 28 schools in a move that will displace close to 10K students.
- The abrupt closure is receiving significant attention from student advocacy groups and increase the chances of politicians stepping into the for-profit fray.
- On watch: APOL, CECO, DV, STRA, ESI, LOPE, APEI, LINC, BPI, LRN, EDU, NAUH.
Wed, Mar. 25, 2:23 PM
- The for-profit education sector is full of volatility today.
- Apollo Education (APOL -27%) is getting shellacked off of a disappointing FQ2 earnings report.
- Enrollment guidance from Apollo came in below expectations.
- Peers Bridgepoint Education (BPI -3.7%), DeVry Education (DV -5.5%), ITT Educational Services (ESI -4.1%), Grand Canyon Education (LOPE -3.9%), and American Public Education (APEI -1.6%) are also lower in sympathy.
- National American University Holdings (NASDAQ:NAUH) is an outlier with a 3% gain, while microcap Education Management (NASDAQ:EDMC) is up a clean 20%.
- Trading volume is up across the sector.
- What to watch: A push by President Obama to make some forms of community college free is considered a threat to the sector.
Thu, Mar. 12, 9:34 AM
- The Treasury Department and Department of Education are looking into a proposal to make it easier for student loans to be included in bankruptcies.
- Though the bankruptcy angle is only a small portion of the comprehensive Student Aid Bill of Rights aimed at the lending industry, it's expected to be one of the most controversial aspects of the proposed legislation.
- For-profit education stocks: APOL, CECO, COCO, DV, STRA, ESI, LOPE, APEI, LINC, BPI, LRN, EDU,
Thu, Feb. 19, 1:31 PM| 1 Comment
Wed, Feb. 18, 4:15 PM| Comment!
Tue, Feb. 17, 5:35 PM
- ABX, ACT, AMTG, ARII, ARRS, ASGN, AVG, AXLL, BGS, BJRI, CAR, CDE, CSLT, CVG, CW, CYNI, DENN, DTLK, ELNK, EOG, EQC, ETE, ETP, EXAM, FNF, HSTM, HT, IAG, IPI, KEG, KEYW, LHO, LOPE, MANT, MAR, MHLD, MIC, MRO, NVMI, OGS, OIS, PAAS, PCYC, PKD, REXX, RGP, SBRA, SCTY, SIX, SNPS, SSS, STR, SUN, SUNE, SXL, TERP, THRX, TILE, TRN, TS, UAM, WES, WGP, WMB, WPZ, XPO, YUME
Fri, Jan. 9, 3:03 AM
- President Obama has unveiled a proposal to make community college free for the first two years, with federal funding covering three-quarters of the cost and states that participate contributing the rest.
- "We have to make sure that everybody has the opportunity to constantly train themselves for better jobs, better wages, better benefits," announced Obama.
- The White House expects an estimated 9M students to participate in the program and save $3,800 a year on tuition.
- Education Stocks: CECO, STRA, COCO, ESI, ITT, BPI, LINC, DV, LOPE, APEI
- APOL -0.7%; EDMC -6.1% AH
Sat, Jan. 3, 10:50 AM
- "The for-profit sector is dead," is the grim assessment from sector pioneer Michael Clifford.
- Tougher federal regulation enforced by the Obama administration and increased scrutiny by students on the value of diplomas have chipped the growth story down to a nub.
- Excess capacity in the sector could lead to tuition price cuts in 2015, warn analysts, particularly for post-secondary medical and technology programs.
- On watch: DV, APOL, STRA, ESI, CPLA, BPI, EDMC, COCO, APEI, LINC, NAUH.
- Grand Canyon Education (NASDAQ:LOPE) could be the outlier in the group. The stock managed a 4.6% over the last year on a higher mix of traditional campuses.
Oct. 29, 2014, 7:28 PM| Comment!
Oct. 29, 2014, 5:44 PM
Oct. 29, 2014, 4:32 PM| Comment!
Jul. 31, 2014, 4:27 PM| Comment!
Jul. 30, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ABTL, ACGL, ADNC, ADUS, AFFX, AHS, AIV, ARRS, ASH, AVD, AXTI, BAGL, BBG, BBRG, BEAT, BRKS, BYD, CALD, CERS, CPSI, CPT, CTRL, CYH, DATA, DCT, DGI, DVA, DXPE, EEP, EGO, EIX, ELLI, ESIO, EXEL, EXPE, FLDM, FLR, FLT, FNGN, G, GDOT, GFIG, GPRO, HME, HNSN, IMMR, IMPV, JIVE, JLL, KEYW, KOG, KRG, LNKD, LOPE, LRE, LYV, MATX, MCHP, MHK, MRC, MXL, MXWL, NGVC, NKTR, NU, OIS, OMCL, ONNN, OUTR, PCCC, PCYC, PKI, PMCS, PSA, PXLW, RMD, RMTI, SGEN, SKUL, SPF, SPWR, SREV, SSNC, STAA, SWIR, SWN, SYNA, THG, TNAV, TRLA, TSLA, TSYS, VCRA, WU, WWWW, YRCW
Jun. 11, 2014, 11:30 AM| 22 Comments
LOPE vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR