5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There are 3 articles on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
LPI vs. ETF Alternatives
Laredo Petroleum Inc, together with its subsidiaries, is an independent energy company focused on the exploration, development and acquisition of oil and natural gas properties mainly in the Permian Basin in West Texas.
Country: United States
Wednesday, Apr 22:59 PM|Wednesday, Apr 22:59 PM| Comment!
Thursday, Dec 192013, 3:59 PM
Thursday, Dec 192013, 3:59 PM| 1 Comment
- Laredo Petroleum (LPI +2.8%) is a Buy opportunity after its recent pullback, Canaccord Genuity believes, after LPI recently raised its production guidance to 2.1M-2.2M boe as drilling and completion activities following severe weather in the Permian Basin have returned to normal and said the Q1 impact will be minimal.
- As LPI shifts its focus to full scale development of its core Garden City asset in 2014, the firm thinks the company is on pace to achieve ~35% Permian production growth Y/Y, skewed upwards if well results exceed type curves.
Wednesday, Dec 42013, 12:56 PM
Wednesday, Dec 42013, 12:56 PM| Comment!
- Laredo Petroleum (LPI +2.9%) is the latest Permian Basin producer to say that the effects of severe winter weather continues to materially impact operations and will result in total Q4 production below its earlier guidance.
- Drilling and completion activities have resumed but pervasive power outages have caused more than 50% of LPI's wells to remain shut-in, and the production of many operating wells has been curtailed due to facilities constraints.
Monday, Aug 122013, 7:55 AM
Monday, Aug 122013, 7:55 AM| Comment!
- Laredo Petroleum (LPI) announces a public offering of 16M shares, including 3M shares by selling shareholder Warburg Pincus.
- LPI says proceeds will be used toward planned exploration and development activities, acceleration of its capital program and general corporate purposes; LPI will receive no proceeds from the sale.
- Shares -1.7% premarket.
Thursday, Aug 12013, 10:49 AM
Thursday, Aug 12013, 10:49 AM| Comment!
- Pioneer Natural Resources (PXD +14.8%) powers higher following Q2 results that included significant progress in its horizontal well drilling program in the heart of the Midland Basin.
- FBR awards a Street-high $250 target price to the shares, seeing risk/reward significantly skewed toward a favorable outcome in the Spraberry/Wolfcamp drilling program.
- BAML analysts note PXD's first Wolfcamp interval well tested out as one of the best wells in the play, and sees upside to its $200 target.
- Other names with a strong Wolfcamp presence: LPI +10.6%, EGN +10.7%.
Thursday, Jun 272013, 11:42 AMLaredo Petroleum (LPI +3.8%) is initiated at Brean Capital with a Buy rating and $27 price target, which sees improving results from the horizontal Wolfcamp Shale play in the Midland Basin as the biggest driver for share-price appreciation in 2013-14. The firm also sees further delineation and de-risking of LPI's Midland Basin acreage as a catalyst. |Thursday, Jun 272013, 11:42 AM| Comment!
Friday, May 172013, 9:48 AMLaredo Petroleum (LPI +4.2%) is started with a Buy rating and $23 target price at Topeka Capital, which thinks the market is undervaluing its Anadarko Basin assets: "The story may require patience to get the balance sheet in shape and asset value to be realized, but we believe this could evolve sooner rather than later." |Friday, May 172013, 9:48 AM| Comment!
Wednesday, Apr 172013, 12:57 PMEnergy stocks (XLE -2.8%) trade well below the broader market as crude oil futures plunge after a surprising drop in U.S. distillate supplies and a smaller drop in crude supplies than API data showed. With the U.S. dollar substantially higher, analyst Tariq Zahir sees crude continuing its downward trend. Refiners: VLO -3.9%, TSO -5.6%, PBF -6.3%, CVI -6.8%. Big losers: LPI -5.4%, HLX -5.9%, PDS -6.5%, PWE -5.8%, KOG -4.4%. |Wednesday, Apr 172013, 12:57 PM| Comment!
Tuesday, Nov 202012, 2:39 PMLaredo Petroleum (LPI -4.1%) is downgraded to Market Perform with a $22 price target (from $27) at BMO Capital on concerns over the pace of spending and what it could mean in terms of increased leverage on an already-leveraged balance sheet or a lower planned growth rate, all while still outspending cash flow. |Tuesday, Nov 202012, 2:39 PM| Comment!
Wednesday, Jun 62012, 11:21 AMLaredo Petroleum (LPI +4.9%) increases its 2012 production guidance to +35% Y/Y and revises its capital budget to ~$900M. Total production is now expected at 11.2M-11.9M boe, a 35% increase from 2011 and 25% higher than LPI's initial guidance. Projected capex is raised $140M from its previously announced budget. |Wednesday, Jun 62012, 11:21 AM| Comment!
- View all 1 replies
James Sands:: Up 1.5% this morning....
- View all 2 replies
James Sands:: Good job on that one!