Oct. 23, 2014, 10:42 AM
- LPL Financial (LPLA +0.3%) tumbled yesterday after warning it expects to incur $23M of charges related to regulatory matters in Q3, $18M more than anticipated. The impact on EPS will be $0.11.
- Overall net income should be $32M-$34M, and adjusted EBITDA of $108M-$110M, or $0.47-$0.49 per share.
- The company notes core G&A expense has been significantly reduced and is performing inline with expectations.
- KBW pulls the plug on its Outperfrom rating, downgrading to Market Perform.
Oct. 22, 2014, 9:19 AM| 1 Comment
Jul. 31, 2014, 7:54 AM
- Citi cashes in its chips on its Buy call on LPL Financial (NASDAQ:LPLA) 24 hours after Q2 results, with the team citing regulatory risk as an overhang on the stock price.
- Shares -1.1% premarket
- Previously: LPL Financial Holdings misses by $0.01, misses on revenue
Apr. 15, 2014, 9:44 AM
- Charles Schwab (SCHW +2.8%) opens higher after reporting a 58% rise in Q1 profit, ahead of analyst expectations, due to a rise in trading commissions and fees for managing client assets.
- CEO Walt Bettinger says SCHW executed an average of 553,600 trades per day during the quarter, up 11% Y/Y and the highest volume in its history; total client assets of $2.31T also is an all-time high.
- Added $34.2B of net new assets during the quarter, a 6% annualized organic growth rate; new brokerage accounts increased by 258K, up 6% Y/Y.
- Q1 asset management and administration fees rose 11% to $611M, while trading revenue also increased 11% to $247M.
- Other discount brokers also are higher: AMTD +1.1%, ETFC +1.9%, LPLA +1.4%, IBKR +1%.
LPLA vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR