Wed, Feb. 11, 8:27 AM
- Adjusted loss from continuing operations of $32M, or $0.23 per diluted share vs. $60M, or $0.42 per diluted share, in the same quarter a year ago.
- Financial results continued to be negatively affected as OSB prices drifted downward, log outages affected siding production and EWP sales slowed.
- Revenue by segment: Oriented Strand Board -12%; Siding +2%; Engineered Wood Products -3%; South America -12%.
- Cash and cash equivalents were $533M as of December 31, 2014.
- "While housing starts were only up about 9% in 2014, the consensus forecast for 2015 and 2016 currently shows about a 20% increase in each of the next two years," said CEO Curt Stevens.
- LPX -5.5% premarket
- Q4 results
Wed, Feb. 11, 8:01 AM| Comment!
Tue, Feb. 10, 5:30 PM
Wed, Jan. 28, 9:13 AM
Dec. 8, 2014, 12:45 PM
Dec. 8, 2014, 11:10 AM
- Louisiana-Pacific (LPX +13.2%) has its tail way in the air after Norbord (OTCPK:NBRXF +4.7%) agrees to buy Ainsworth (OTCPK:ANSBF +8.4%) in an all-stock deal valued at $762.6M. The merged company will have total OSB capacity of about 7.7B square feet, making it the largest in the sector.
- Also looking on with interest is Boise Cascade (BCC +0.7%).
Dec. 8, 2014, 10:55 AM
Nov. 5, 2014, 10:11 AM
- Adjusted loss from continuing operations of $16.3M vs. $19.4M in the same quarter a year ago.
- Financial results continued to be negatively affected by poor Oriented Strand Board (OSB) pricing and less demand than anticipated due to anemic housing recovery.
- Revenue by segment: Oriented Strand Board -5%; Siding +10%; Engineered Wood Products +13.9%; South America -14.3%.
- Cash and cash equivalents were $580M as of September 30, 2014.
- The company's Board of Directors authorized the repurchase up to $100M of common stock. The purchases will be made from time to time as market conditions warrant and subject to regulatory considerations.
- Q3 results
Nov. 5, 2014, 8:09 AM| Comment!
Nov. 4, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ACT, ANSS, ARIA, ATHM, AVA, AWR, AXAS, BBEP, BPI, BSFT, CBB, CCC, CEQP, CHK, CLH, CNP, COV, CSTE, CTSH, DAVE, DNR, DUK, EE, ENB, ENDP, FSS, GLDD, GTN, HFC, HL, HRC, INXN, KELYA, LAMR, LPX, LVLT, MDLZ, MEMP, MGA, MNTA, MVIS, NICE, NRG, NUS, OGE, PWE, PWR, RDC, RLGY, ROC, RRD, RTI, SBGI, SE, SEP, SMG, SSYS, STWD, SWC, THI, TMHC, TRGT, TW, TWX, VG, VOYA, WCG, WIX, YORW
Aug. 5, 2014, 8:06 AM| Comment!
Aug. 4, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ACM, ACT, ADM, AEE, AKRX, ALLT, AME, AMSC, ANSS, ARCC, ARCO, ARQL, BCRX, BLMN, CIE, CLDT, CNK, COH, CRZO, CVC, CVS, DWRE, EMR, END, ENZY, EXH, EXLP, EXPD, FE, FUN, GLDD, GTIV, GTXI, HCLP, HCP, HEP, IART, IFF, IIVI, INFI, IT, KWK, LIN, LPX, MDU, MGM, MMP, MSI, MWW, MZOR, NILE, NNN, [[NTi]], NVDQ, NWN, ODP, OXF, OZM, PMC, RBA, REGN, RHP, RIGL, RTI, SCMP, SCOR, SMG, SNSS, SPAR, STE, TDG, VMC, VSI, VTG, WLK, WNR, ZBRA, ZTS
May. 14, 2014, 2:42 PM
- Louisiana-Pacific (LPX -2.6%) and Ainsworth Lumber (ANSBF -15.5%) say they are terminating their planned combination.
- LPX had warned last week of a potential legal fight with the U.S. Justice Department and Canada's antitrust regulator over required divestitures to complete the deal.
- The companies say they mutually agreed to end the deal and that no breakup fee will be payable by either party.
May. 8, 2014, 6:52 PM
- Louisiana-Pacific (LPX) took an afternoon dive when CEO Curtis Stevens said in today's earnings call that it may face a legal fight with U.S. and Canadian regulators over its planned $1.1B purchase of Ainsworth Lumber (ANSBF).
- The companies are at odds with the U.S. Justice Department and Canada's antitrust regulator over required divestitures to complete the transaction, according to Stevens.
- Analysts are saying the regulators are most concerned the companies would have too much pricing power in western Canada because of their large market share in the region; TD Securities estimates the combined entity would control ~51% of oriented strand board production capacity in that area.
May. 8, 2014, 8:03 AM| Comment!
May. 7, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AEE, AES, AGO, AMCX, AMED, AMRC, APA, APO, BBEP, BCRX, BDBD, BITA, BPI, CAJ, CBB, CCC, CCOI, CDW, CECE, CECO, CRIS, CRNT, CSTE, CVC, DF, DISH, DNDN, FLY, FSYS, FUN, FXCM, GBDC, GLP, GOLD, GTN, GTXI, HCN, HII, HIMX, HSC, ICE, IRC, JASO, KEM, KERX, LIOX, LNCE, LPI, LPX, LQDT, LXP, LXRX, MGA, MMS, MNK, MPEL, NICE, NPSP, NXST, NXTM, ONE, PCLN, PCP, PKD, POZN, PRFT, REGN, RGEN, RSTI, SKYW, SNI, SPH, SRPT, STE, SUNE, TDC, THS, VC, VITC, VNDA, VRX, WAC, WD, WEN, WIN, WMC, WWAV.
LPX vs. ETF Alternatives
Louisiana-Pacific Corp along with its subsidiaries, is engaged in the manufacture of building products. It operates in four segments: North America Oriented Strand Board; Siding; Engineered Wood Products; and South America.
Other News & PR