Tue, Aug. 4, 8:04 AM
Mon, Aug. 3, 5:30 PM
- ABMD, ADM, AET, AFSI, ALE, ALLT, ALR, AME, ANIP, ARCC, BLMN, BPI, BZH, CAS, CBT, CHD, CHTR, CIE, COH, CRCM, CRTO, CVS, DWRE, EIGI, ELOS, EMR, ETR, EXH, EXLP, EXPD, FRM, FUN, GEO, GLDD, GLT, H, HAR, HCN, HCP, HEP, HNT, HW, HYH, IIVI, INCY, K, KLIC, LPX, LRN, LXP, MDC, MGM, MLM, MNK, MNTA, MOS, MPW, NAO, NCLH, NGLS, NRG, [[NTi]], NWN, NYLD, ODP, OZM, PH, REGN, RHP, RRD, SABR, SCOR, SGNT, SMG, SNI, SRE, STE, STWD, TDG, TGH, TICC, TIME, UNT, USAK, VMC, VSH, VTG, WLK, WNR, WPC, WRES, ZTS
Tue, May 5, 9:15 AM
- Adjusted loss from continuing operations of $18.9M, or -$0.13 per diluted share vs. a loss of $7M in the same quarter a year ago.
- OSB prices languished in the quarter on relatively flat volumes compared to last quarter, although the more diversified Siding business posted record results.
- Revenue by segment: Oriented Strand Board -2%; Siding +21%; Engineered Wood Products +4%; South America -2%.
- Cash and cash equivalents were $468M as of March 31, 2015.
- Q1 results
Tue, May 5, 8:10 AM
Mon, May 4, 5:30 PM
- ABMD, ACTA, AFSI, ALLT, AMAG, ANIP, BBEP, BBW, BLMN, BPI, CIE, CLDT, CRTO, CVLT, CYNO, DIS, DISCA, DTV, EIGI, EL, EMR, ENR, EXH, EXLP, GCAP, GLDD, GLT, GTN, GVA, H, HCA, HCP, HEP, HRC, HRS, HW, ICE, ISIS, K, KEM, KLIC, KMT, LPX, MDC, MDCO, MMP, MNK, MSO, NBL, NGLS, NNN, [[NTi]], NWN, ODP, OZM, PRIM, SABR, SALE, SBH, SCOR, SGNT, SMG, SNSS, SPAR, SRE, SSE, STWD, TDG, TECH, TGH, TRW, TW, UAM, USAK, VLP, VMC, VSH, WEC, WNR, YORW, ZTS
Tue, Apr. 21, 3:54 PM
- The REITs are down about 8% from their January highs while the homebuilders have posted gains, bringing the ratio of homebuilders to REITs to long-term resistance, says MKM Partners' Jonathan Krinsky, who suggests fading the move.
- Most vulnerable to tactical pullbacks are those homebuilders/suppliers showing the weakest relative strength: Beazer Homes (NYSE:BZH), Lennar (NYSE:LEN), Louisiana-Pacific (NYSE:LPX), Taylor Morrisn (NYSE:TMHC), Toll Brothers (NYSE:TOL), and TRI Pointe Homes (NYSE:TPH).
- The best long REIT ideas are those showing the best relative strength: AvalonBay (NYSE:AVB), Crown Castle (NYSE:CCI), Essex Property (NYSE:ESS), Extra Space Storage (NYSE:EXR), Federal Realty (NYSE:FRT), General Growth (NYSE:GGP), SL Green (NYSE:SLG), and UDR.
- Those REITs showing poor relative strength or to be avoided or sold: American Tower (NYSE:AMT), American Realty Capital (NASDAQ:ARCP), Brixmor (NYSE:BRX), Host Hotels (NYSE:HST), and Omega Healthcare (NYSE:OHI).
- Source: Barron's
Mon, Apr. 13, 7:36 AM
Wed, Feb. 11, 8:27 AM
- Adjusted loss from continuing operations of $32M, or $0.23 per diluted share vs. $60M, or $0.42 per diluted share, in the same quarter a year ago.
- Financial results continued to be negatively affected as OSB prices drifted downward, log outages affected siding production and EWP sales slowed.
- Revenue by segment: Oriented Strand Board -12%; Siding +2%; Engineered Wood Products -3%; South America -12%.
- Cash and cash equivalents were $533M as of December 31, 2014.
- "While housing starts were only up about 9% in 2014, the consensus forecast for 2015 and 2016 currently shows about a 20% increase in each of the next two years," said CEO Curt Stevens.
- LPX -5.5% premarket
- Q4 results
Wed, Feb. 11, 8:01 AM
Tue, Feb. 10, 5:30 PM
Wed, Jan. 28, 9:13 AM
Dec. 8, 2014, 12:45 PM
Dec. 8, 2014, 11:10 AM
- Louisiana-Pacific (LPX +13.2%) has its tail way in the air after Norbord (OTCPK:NBRXF +4.7%) agrees to buy Ainsworth (OTCPK:ANSBF +8.4%) in an all-stock deal valued at $762.6M. The merged company will have total OSB capacity of about 7.7B square feet, making it the largest in the sector.
- Also looking on with interest is Boise Cascade (BCC +0.7%).
Dec. 8, 2014, 10:55 AM
Nov. 5, 2014, 10:11 AM
- Adjusted loss from continuing operations of $16.3M vs. $19.4M in the same quarter a year ago.
- Financial results continued to be negatively affected by poor Oriented Strand Board (OSB) pricing and less demand than anticipated due to anemic housing recovery.
- Revenue by segment: Oriented Strand Board -5%; Siding +10%; Engineered Wood Products +13.9%; South America -14.3%.
- Cash and cash equivalents were $580M as of September 30, 2014.
- The company's Board of Directors authorized the repurchase up to $100M of common stock. The purchases will be made from time to time as market conditions warrant and subject to regulatory considerations.
- Q3 results
Nov. 5, 2014, 8:09 AM
LPX vs. ETF Alternatives
Louisiana-Pacific Corp along with its subsidiaries is engaged in the manufacturing of building products. The Company's business segments are North America Oriented Strand Board, Siding, Engineered Wood Products and South America.
Other News & PR