Dec. 8, 2014, 11:10 AM
- Louisiana-Pacific (LPX +13.2%) has its tail way in the air after Norbord (OTCPK:NBRXF +4.7%) agrees to buy Ainsworth (OTCPK:ANSBF +8.4%) in an all-stock deal valued at $762.6M. The merged company will have total OSB capacity of about 7.7B square feet, making it the largest in the sector.
- Also looking on with interest is Boise Cascade (BCC +0.7%).
May. 14, 2014, 2:42 PM
- Louisiana-Pacific (LPX -2.6%) and Ainsworth Lumber (ANSBF -15.5%) say they are terminating their planned combination.
- LPX had warned last week of a potential legal fight with the U.S. Justice Department and Canada's antitrust regulator over required divestitures to complete the deal.
- The companies say they mutually agreed to end the deal and that no breakup fee will be payable by either party.
May. 8, 2014, 6:52 PM
- Louisiana-Pacific (LPX) took an afternoon dive when CEO Curtis Stevens said in today's earnings call that it may face a legal fight with U.S. and Canadian regulators over its planned $1.1B purchase of Ainsworth Lumber (ANSBF).
- The companies are at odds with the U.S. Justice Department and Canada's antitrust regulator over required divestitures to complete the transaction, according to Stevens.
- Analysts are saying the regulators are most concerned the companies would have too much pricing power in western Canada because of their large market share in the region; TD Securities estimates the combined entity would control ~51% of oriented strand board production capacity in that area.
Sep. 4, 2013, 4:24 PM| Comment!
LPX vs. ETF Alternatives
Louisiana-Pacific Corp along with its subsidiaries, is engaged in the manufacture of building products. It operates in four segments: North America Oriented Strand Board; Siding; Engineered Wood Products; and South America.
Other News & PR