Dec. 8, 2014, 11:10 AM
- Louisiana-Pacific (LPX +13.2%) has its tail way in the air after Norbord (OTCPK:NBRXF +4.7%) agrees to buy Ainsworth (OTCPK:ANSBF +8.4%) in an all-stock deal valued at $762.6M. The merged company will have total OSB capacity of about 7.7B square feet, making it the largest in the sector.
- Also looking on with interest is Boise Cascade (BCC +0.7%).
May 14, 2014, 2:42 PM
- Louisiana-Pacific (LPX -2.6%) and Ainsworth Lumber (ANSBF -15.5%) say they are terminating their planned combination.
- LPX had warned last week of a potential legal fight with the U.S. Justice Department and Canada's antitrust regulator over required divestitures to complete the deal.
- The companies say they mutually agreed to end the deal and that no breakup fee will be payable by either party.
May 8, 2014, 6:52 PM
- Louisiana-Pacific (LPX) took an afternoon dive when CEO Curtis Stevens said in today's earnings call that it may face a legal fight with U.S. and Canadian regulators over its planned $1.1B purchase of Ainsworth Lumber (ANSBF).
- The companies are at odds with the U.S. Justice Department and Canada's antitrust regulator over required divestitures to complete the transaction, according to Stevens.
- Analysts are saying the regulators are most concerned the companies would have too much pricing power in western Canada because of their large market share in the region; TD Securities estimates the combined entity would control ~51% of oriented strand board production capacity in that area.
Sep. 4, 2013, 4:24 PM
LPX vs. ETF Alternatives
Louisiana-Pacific Corp along with its subsidiaries is engaged in the manufacturing of building products. The Company's business segments are North America Oriented Strand Board, Siding, Engineered Wood Products and South America.
Other News & PR