5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
GlobeNewswire (Mar 27, 2014)
Lightbridge to Host March 28 Conference Call and Webcast on 2013 Business Update and Financial ResultsGlobeNewswire (Mar 14, 2014)
GlobeNewswire (Feb 18, 2014)
LTBR vs. ETF Alternatives
Friday, Mar 2112:46 PM|Friday, Mar 2112:46 PM| 3 Comments
Wednesday, Mar 1212:47 PM
Wednesday, Feb 199:13 AM
Tuesday, Feb 1812:47 PM|Tuesday, Feb 1812:47 PM| Comment!
Wednesday, Jan 2212:47 PM|Wednesday, Jan 2212:47 PM| 1 Comment
Thursday, Dec 192013, 11:20 AM
Thursday, Dec 192013, 11:20 AM| Comment!
- Lightbridge Corp. (LTBR +13.5%) spikes after a glowing Seeking Alpha profile by Sujan Lahiri describes LTBR as "a potential monopolist in the global nuclear power market, boasting extremely valuable patents barring any competition from entering."
- LTBR's technology is poised to "significantly enhance the nuclear power industry's economics and increase power output up to 17% for existing power plants. For new-build plants, it enables up to 30% increase power output without changing the core size."
Friday, Oct 252013, 5:42 PM
Friday, Oct 252013, 5:42 PM| Comment!
- Greenland's parliament has removed a 25-year-old ban on uranium mining, paving the way for an industrial boom the Arctic island hopes will help it gain independence from Denmark.
- Greenland wants to boost its mining of rare earths, but uranium often is found mixed into rare earths, so the ban was blocking key mining activity.
- One rare earth deposit being explored by Greenland Minerals (GDLNF) could be the largest outside China; the company thinks it could extract up to 40K tons/year of rare earth metals.
- Rare earths: REMX, REE, MCP, SHZ, AVL, GSM.
- Uranium: URA, NLR, BWC, SHAW, URS, FLR, LTBR, URG, UEC, URRE, USU, DNN, CCJ.
Tuesday, Oct 222013, 12:45 PM|Tuesday, Oct 222013, 12:45 PM| Comment!
Tuesday, Oct 222013, 9:14 AM
Tuesday, Aug 272013, 8:37 AM
Tuesday, Aug 272013, 8:37 AM| 4 Comments
- Japan's government will provide money and personnel to help cope with rising amounts of contaminated water at the Fukushima nuclear power plant after losing confidence in Tepco's (TKECF.PK, TKECY.PK) ability to handle the situation on its own.
- The trade minister says the latest leak of 300 metric tons of highly contaminated water "could have been prevented" if Tepco had been more careful, pointing out that the 1,000 tons/day of groundwater flowing into the site presents a serious problem.
- Related: URA, NLR, NUCL, CCJ, DNN, URS, LTBR, URG, UEC, URRE, USU.
Wednesday, Aug 212013, 8:11 AM
Wednesday, Aug 212013, 8:11 AM| 8 Comments
- Nearly 80K gallons of highly radioactive water have leaked from the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant, the latest black eye for Tepco (TKECF.PK, TKECY.PK), which has struggled to contain contaminated groundwater experts believe is flowing into the sea from the site every day.
- Japan is set to raise the severity rating of the leak to level 3, or "serious incident," underlining a deepening sense of crisis at the site.
- Revelations of more toxic leaks may raise second-thoughts about Japan's nuclear future but won't halt the long-term global expansion of the industry, uranium (URA, NLR, NUCL) insiders say.
- Related Stocks: CCJ, DNN, URS, LTBR, URG, UEC, URRE, USU.
Thursday, Aug 12013, 6:00 PM
Tuesday, Jul 302013, 12:45 PM|Tuesday, Jul 302013, 12:45 PM| Comment!
Monday, Jul 292013, 3:58 PM
Monday, Jul 292013, 3:58 PM| Comment!
- Thinly traded Lightbridge (LTBR +90.6%) is suddenly seen as a secondary play on USEC's (USU +46.4%) huge move after failing to run up with other uranium names last week.
- Bulls point to LTBR's thorium-based seed designs, which the company says incorporate proprietary all-metal fuel rods which differ from conventional fuel rods and offer reactor safety and cost benefits.
Monday, Jul 292013, 12:45 PM|Monday, Jul 292013, 12:45 PM| Comment!
Monday, May 62013, 12:47 PM
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.