Lightbridge: Check Out This $1.40 Stock Everybody Else Is Ignoring
There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
Tue, Aug. 5, 4:54 PM
Wed, Jul. 16, 11:52 AM
- Uranium miner Cameco (CCJ +1.7%) is higher despite reporting that ore from its Cigar Lake mine in Saskatchewan would not be milled until early 2015 instead of before the end of 2014, due to problems freezing the ground.
- CCJ freezes the mine's ore zone and surrounding ground to prevent water from flooding production areas, but it says freezing has not advanced as quickly as expected.
- Uranium/nuclear names are broadly higher after two of Japan's nuclear reactors received clearance to re-start: USU +8.2%, DNN +3.3%, URG +3.2%, URRE +1.6%, BWC +1%, URS +0.3%, LTBR flat.
Wed, Jul. 16, 8:35 AM
- Japan's nuclear watchdog gives safety clearance for the restarting of two nuclear reactors in southern Japan, recognizing their compliance with stricter regulations created after the 2011 Fukushima nuclear accident.
- The move is seen as unlikely to lower prices for liquefied natural gas because the country’s 46 other units are unlikely to resume this year; North Asia LNG prices have rallied 54% since Japan shut nuclear plants and boosted gas purchases for power generation after the Fukushima disaster.
- Related nuclear tickers: NLR, CCJ, URA, BWC, SHAW, URS, FLR, LTBR, URG, UEC, URRE, USU, DNN
Wed, Jul. 2, 12:56 PM
Thu, May. 8, 6:18 PM
Fri, May. 2, 12:49 PM
Wed, Apr. 16, 12:46 PM
Fri, Mar. 21, 12:46 PM
Wed, Mar. 12, 12:47 PM
Wed, Feb. 19, 9:13 AM
Tue, Feb. 18, 12:47 PM
Wed, Jan. 22, 12:47 PM
Dec. 19, 2013, 11:20 AM
- Lightbridge Corp. (LTBR +13.5%) spikes after a glowing Seeking Alpha profile by Sujan Lahiri describes LTBR as "a potential monopolist in the global nuclear power market, boasting extremely valuable patents barring any competition from entering."
- LTBR's technology is poised to "significantly enhance the nuclear power industry's economics and increase power output up to 17% for existing power plants. For new-build plants, it enables up to 30% increase power output without changing the core size."
Oct. 25, 2013, 5:42 PM
- Greenland's parliament has removed a 25-year-old ban on uranium mining, paving the way for an industrial boom the Arctic island hopes will help it gain independence from Denmark.
- Greenland wants to boost its mining of rare earths, but uranium often is found mixed into rare earths, so the ban was blocking key mining activity.
- One rare earth deposit being explored by Greenland Minerals (GDLNF) could be the largest outside China; the company thinks it could extract up to 40K tons/year of rare earth metals.
- Rare earths: REMX, REE, MCP, SHZ, AVL, GSM.
- Uranium: URA, NLR, BWC, SHAW, URS, FLR, LTBR, URG, UEC, URRE, USU, DNN, CCJ.
Oct. 22, 2013, 12:45 PM
Oct. 22, 2013, 9:14 AM
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.
LTBR vs. ETF Alternatives
Lightbridge Corp along with its subsidiaries is a nuclear fuel technology company and it participates in the nuclear power industry in the U.S. and internationally. Its operating segments include: nuclear fuel technology and nuclear consulting business.
Other News & PR