Mar. 31, 2014, 8:08 AM
Mar. 28, 2014, 8:26 AM
- Nomura Securities is in with a reiterated Buy rating on Lululemon (LULU) after digesting the retailer's earnings report.
- The investment firm liked what it heard from LULU execs on the global brand rollout during the earnings call yesterday (CC highlights).
- Shares of LULU rallied hard during the call as an aggressive tone on global growth was struck.
Mar. 27, 2014, 9:56 AM
- Lululemon (LULU +8.8%) CEO Laurent Potdevin notes the company is seeing signs of demand for its products in parts of Asia and Europe.
- The company will look for "deep local knowledge" as it strikes into new territories. Onboarding of talent in Asis is already taking place and the company is scouting locations. Execs see progress ramping up quickly.
- Comparable-store sales should improve markedly after Q1. Lululemon will start lapping a period of soft sales following its PR fiasco over its luon yoga pants and the new products will start playing a factor.
- The tone on supply issues and product flow is confident.
- Earnings call webcast
Mar. 27, 2014, 9:21 AM
- Lululemon (LULU) trades higher after beating lowered expectations for the tough holiday period.
- Investors are giving the company a pass on the drop in comparable-store sales and shrunken margins during Q4 as there is a growing sentiment that a corner has been turned.
- Lowered guidance isn't being taken too seriously as the retailer is tapped for a beat by many retail watchers.
- On CNBC, the phrase "accelerating global expansion" for Lululemon was bandied around this morning. The firm's conference call is underway (webcast) and it would be convenient to investors if an analyst asked a question on that topic.
- LULU +2.2% premarket
Mar. 27, 2014, 7:36 AM| 1 Comment
Mar. 27, 2014, 7:18 AM| Comment!
Mar. 27, 2014, 12:05 AM
Mar. 26, 2014, 5:30 PM
Mar. 25, 2014, 11:53 AM
- Janney Capital takes a cautious tone on Lululemon (LULU -1%) in front of the company's Q4 earnings report, due out tomorrow.
- The investment firm thinks the spring product mix from Lululemon didn't leave a lot of room for upside surprises and that Q1 guidance could be a tad light.
- Janney doesn't dismiss the threat of Athleta adding more pressure on Lululemon.
Mar. 24, 2014, 9:58 AM
- Lulemon (LULU +2.2%) reports Q4 earnings later this week with all eyes on how well the retailer held up with a promotional haze cutting into margins across the sector.
- Though the company has already lowered expectations for the period, the read on online sales growth, margins, and store traffic will still be critical.
- Shares of LULU are on the rose today, despite some PT cuts from investment firms.
- JPMorgan lowered its price target on Lululemon LULU to $58 from $74.
- Wedbush clips its PT on the retailer to $54, while Mizuho is on the low end at $48.
Mar. 19, 2014, 10:30 AM
- Lululemon (LULU +2.7%) looks like it might be getting its mojo back after its new &Go line dazzles in an initial small launch.
- A channel check from Canaccord Genuity showed half of the new &Go products available online sold out inside of a day.
- The company on the target customer for the &Go line: "You're out the door at daybreak and moving until midnight. You don't have time for a wardrobe that keeps forcing you to change. You're busy living." (&Go on Lululemon's website)
Mar. 19, 2014, 9:22 AM
- Retail analysts are still buzzing over the 0.3% drop in apparel and clothing prices reported by the Department of Labor yesterday.
- The drop works out to 3.6% on an annualized basis and came during a month when prices are supposed to snap back from their holiday promotional fervor.
- Related stocks: ARO, ANF, AEO, ZUMZ, PSUN, BKE, EXPR, WTSL, TLYS, CACH, GPS, LULU, LB, ANN.
Mar. 12, 2014, 1:24 PM
- Apparel stocks are getting roughed up a bit after Express is the latest retailer to come in with a profit warning for Q1.
- The winter storms and holiday promotions that plagued December and January sales totals set the tone for the sector early in the quarter, but concerns are deepening that the promotional atmosphere will be tough to shake off as traffic trends stay weak into March.
- Notable decliners: Lululemon (LULU) -3.7%, Aeropostale (ARO) -2.3%, American Eagle Outfitters (AEO) -2.9%, Gap (GPS) -1.9%.
Feb. 28, 2014, 7:21 AM
Feb. 18, 2014, 7:34 AM
Feb. 11, 2014, 2:20 PM
- The success of athletic apparel sellers such as Lululemon (LULU), Under Armour (UA), and Nike (NKE) hasn't gone unnoticed by companies and designers trying to create a splash at New York Fashion Week 2014.
- Amid models flaunting stylish designs from Vera Wang, Tory Burch, and Jenny Packham - more athletic lines have been spotted. Though called "haute-casual" or "sports-deluxe" styles - the clothes closely resemble sweatpants and leggings.
- NY Fashion Week in a nutshell: Black jeans out, Wunder Unders in.
LULU vs. ETF Alternatives
Lululemon Athletica Inc is a designer and retailer of technical athletic apparel operating in North America and Australia. Its yoga-inspired apparel is marketed under the lululemon athletica and ivivva athletica brand names.
Other News & PR