Tue, Jul. 28, 7:07 AM
Mon, Jul. 27, 5:30 PM
- AGCO, AHGP, AIXG, AKS, ALLY, AMG, ARG, ARLP, ARW, AUDC, AUO, AXE, BP, BTU, CIT, CMI, CNC, CNX, COMM, CPLA, CRY, CVLT, CYNO, DD, DHI, DHX, ECL, F, FBC, FCH, FDP, FMER, FSS, GLW, GPN, GRUB, ICLR, IPGP, IPI, IR, JBLU, JEC, KEM, LH, LPT, LYB, MAS, MMC, MRK, MZOR, NCI, NLSN, NOV, NTLS, OAK, OFC, PCAR, PCH, PCP, PFE, POR, RAI, RDWR, SALT, SIR, SIRI, ST, SVU, TXT, UPS, UTHR, WAT, WDR, WYN
Fri, Apr. 24, 11:30 AM
- LyondellBasell (LYB +2.8%) is higher after recording a strong Q1 earnings beat, although evenues fell a worse than expected 26.5%.
- LYB says cheap raw materials, a tight market for some of its chemicals, and increased production, helped it offset lower prices for the products it makes and sells; for example, the price of ethylene fell by $0.13/lb, the company says.
- LYB says its olefins and polyolefins segment in the Americas, which makes products such as ethylene, posted Q1 operating income of $934M, up from $656M in the year-ago quarter; operating profit at its refining segment totaled $74M, vs. $86M a year earlier.
- The spread between the cost of feedstock and the price of refined products has narrowed since Q1, slicing in to LYBl’s margins, but the margins are still healthy, CEO Bob Patel says.
Fri, Apr. 24, 7:08 AM
Thu, Apr. 23, 5:30 PM
Tue, Feb. 3, 7:06 AM
Mon, Feb. 2, 5:30 PM
Oct. 24, 2014, 6:09 AM
Oct. 23, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jul. 25, 2014, 9:15 AM
- LyondellBasell (NYSE:LYB) +3% premarket after Q2 earnings surged to a quarterly record on higher revenues, with both numbers easily exceeding analyst estimates.
- Olefins and polyolefins in the Americas posted operating income of $898M, up 3% Y/Y, while the segment's Europe, Asia and international operations improved slightly to $190M.
- In the intermediates and derivatives segment, operating income rose 32% to $375M, while the refining segment swung to an operating profit of $95M vs. $16M loss in the year-ago quarter.
- Warns Q3 results will be held back by the delayed start-up of its La Porte ethylene plant.
Jul. 25, 2014, 6:52 AM
Jul. 24, 2014, 5:30 PM
Apr. 29, 2014, 6:54 AM
Apr. 28, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ABB, AGCO, AIXG, ALR, AMG, ARRY, AXE, BMY, BP, BSX, CARB, CCJ, CHKP, CIT, CMI, CNX, COH, CPLA, CRY, DBD, DDD, DORM, ESV, ETN, FDP, FLWS, FRX, GAS, GEO, GLT, GT, GTLS, HCA, HCBK, HRS, HUN, HW, IPGP, IRWD, KLIC, LG, LKQ, LRN, LYB, MGI, MGLN, MGM, MHFI, MLM, MRK, NMM, NOK, OSK, PCAR, PES, PH, POR, RESI, ROK, RTRX, RYN, S, SAVE, SCOR, SLAB, ST, TRW, UBSI, UDR, UTHR, VAC, VLO, WAT, WDR, WRLD, WWW, XYL.
Jan. 31, 2014, 8:14 AM
- LyondellBasell (LYB) +2.8% premarket after Q4 earnings soared 84% Y/Y and EPS and revenue came in far above Wall Street expectations.
- Operating income in olefins and polyolefins in the Americas grew 16% to $801M, while the segment swung to a profit of $17M in Europe, Asia and international.
- In the intermediates and derivatives segment, operating income rose 30% to $321M, while the refining segment's profit also improved.
- LYB says olefins in North America will continue to benefit from strong margins created by cost-advantaged NGLs, and says it will begin an olefins turnaround at La Porte late in Q1 which will extend into Q2.
Jan. 31, 2014, 7:03 AM
LYB vs. ETF Alternatives
LyondellBasell Industries NV is a plastics, chemical and refining company. The Company produces polypropylene and polypropylene compounds, propylene oxide, polyethylene, ethylene and propylene. It also provides technology licenses.
Other News & PR