Wed, Aug. 19, 4:17 PM
Tue, Aug. 18, 4:32 PM
- La-Z-Boy (NYSE:LZB) reports operating margin rose during FQ1 for all three of its segments.
- Same-store sales at La-Z-Boy gallery stores were up 4.4% in the quarter.
- Sales growth by segment: Upholstery +3.8% to $272.7M, Casegoods segment -19% to 23.39M, Retail segment +18.8% to $86.65M.
- Guidance: The company says expect to improve growth and profitability this fiscal year without issuing a specific outlook.
- Previously: La-Z-Boy beats by $0.06, revenue in-line
- LZB -1.65% after hours to $26.75.
Tue, Aug. 18, 4:11 PM
Mon, Aug. 17, 5:35 PM
Thu, Aug. 13, 8:50 AM
- The furniture and home furnishing stores category RH, PIR, HVT, BBBY, ETH, HOFT, OTCPK:BEST, W, LZB, OTCPK:LEFUF, BSET, WSM, RH, KIRK outperformed in today's report on retail sales.
- Sales were up 0.8 Y/Y and 6.1% Y/Y in July for the housing-related category.
- Department stores (KSS, JCP, SHLD, JWN, M) showed sluggish traffic trends again, sales were down 0.8% M/M and slumped 2.7% Y/Y.
- Sales in the food services category were up a solid 9.0% Y/Y.
- U.S. Census Bureau Retail Sales report (.pdf)
- Previously: July U.S. Retail Sales: +0.6% (Aug. 13 2015)
Wed, Jun. 17, 1:25 PM
Tue, Jun. 16, 4:13 PM
Mon, Jun. 15, 5:35 PM
Tue, Jun. 2, 8:03 AM
- Ashley Furniture is considering selling itself, according to The Wall Street Journal.
- A deal for the privately-owned furniture maker could go off as high as $3B.
- Ashley is in a growth phase with a target to grow revenue by 7% to 10% a year.
- The direction Ashley goes will be of interest to Ethan Allen Interiors (NYSE:ETH) and La-Z-Boy (NYSE:LZB).
Mon, May 4, 4:25 PM
Tue, Apr. 14, 9:09 AM
- The furniture and home furnishing stores category in the March Retail Sales report outperformed most other businesses.
- Sales rose 1.4% M/M and 3.8% Y/Y during the month.
- The sector was on watch to see if there was any continued spillover impact from the West Coast slowdown.
- Furniture/home furnishing stocks: RH, PIR, HVT, BBBY, ETH, HOFT, OTCQB:BEST, W, LZB, OTCPK:LEFUF, BSET, KIRK, WSM.
- Retail Sales report (.pdf)
Fri, Feb. 20, 9:52 PM
- Some false alarms earlier, but the AP reports (and union spokesmen and the PMA started confirming) that agreement has been reached with West Coast dockworkers.
- The deal would end a nine-month negotiation that has led to significant slowdowns at 29 West Coast U.S. ports. Labor Secretary Thomas Perez urged the PMA and union workers to come to agreement today.
- The contract still needs union ratification.
- Affected furniture stocks: RH, PIR, HVT, BBBY, ETH, HOFT, OTCQB:BEST, W, LZB, OTCPK:LEFUF, BSET.
- Apparel stocks: KATE, ANN, LULU, PVH, VNCE, CRI, UA, HBI, VFC, COLM, GIL, SQBG, JCP, KSS, DDS, M, JWN, ARO, AEO, ANF, WTSL, TLYS, CACH, ZUMZ, PSUN, EXPR, BKE, GIII, SQBG, HBI, VRA, ICON, SHOO, BWS, PERY, DXLG, BONT, GES, URBN, RL,GIL, NKE, OXM, HBI, VNCE, PERY, ICON, FL.
- Previous coverage of the slowdown
Tue, Feb. 17, 5:37 PM
Tue, Feb. 17, 4:16 PM
Tue, Feb. 17, 12:53 PM
- The furniture market is seeing some disruption as the West Coast port slowdown continues.
- A stalled pace of imports is impacting wholesale pricing for companies relying on suppliers that ship to ports in California, Oregon, and Washington.
- Even companies without a heavy reliance on Asian imports are feeling a supply chain shock.
- Previously: West Coast port slowdown continues (Feb. 16 2015)
- Related stocks: RH, PIR, HVT, BBBY, ETH, HOFT, OTCQB:BEST, W, LZB, OTCPK:LEFUF, BSET.
Mon, Feb. 16, 5:35 PM
LZB vs. ETF Alternatives
La-Z-Boy Inc through its subsidiaries manufactures, markets, imports, distributes and retails upholstery furniture products.In addition, it imports, distributes and retails accessories and wood furniture products.
Other News & PR