Mon, Jan. 12, 9:46 AM
- Two apartment players get upgrades to Buy from Neutral: AvalonBay (AVB +0.9%) and Mid-America Apartment Communities (MAA +1%). Also getting an upgrade to Buy thanks to its NYC exposure is SL Green Realty (SLG +1%).
- Downgraded to Underperform from Hold are Government Properties Trust (GOV -0.9%) and Digital Realty Trust (DLR -0.1%).
Dec. 11, 2014, 8:02 AM| Comment!
Dec. 4, 2013, 10:17 AM
- A check of other multi-family REITs amid news of a $5B bid for BRE Properties (BRE +12.8%) by Essex (ESS -1.8%).
- Equity Residential (EQR +2.2%), AvalonBay (AVB +2.5%), UDR (UDR +2.5%), Apartment Investment and Management (AIV +4%), Camden (CPT +3.2%), Home Properties (HME +3.3%), Mid-America (MAA +1.7%), Post (PPS +4.7%).
Sep. 25, 2013, 5:57 PM
- Mid-America Apartment Communities (MAA) and Monster Worldwide (MWW) are switching S&P index listings; MAA will move into the S&P MidCap 400 while MWW replaces it in the S&P SmallCap 600 after the close of trading Oct. 1.
- Other changes to the SmallCap 600: Newpark Resources (NR) will replace Arbitron (ARB) after the close on Sept. 27, Green Dot (GDOT) will replace Colonial Property Trust (CLP) and Santarus (SNTS) will replace Volterra Semiconductor (VLTR) after the close Oct. 1.
- MAA +0.7%, GDOT +2.1%, NR +3.2%, SNTS +3.5% AH.
- Press release
MAA vs. ETF Alternatives
Mid-America Apartment Communities Inc., is a self-administrated and self-managed real estate investment trust which owns, acquires and operates multifamily apartment communities in the Sunbelt region of the United States.
Other News & PR