Wed, Jan. 7, 8:25 AM
- Staffing stocks are on watch after the ADP jobs report tops estimates.
- The sector has been increasingly volatile on job data release dates.
- Though a pickup in business activity is viewed as positive for the sector, the high level of competition has dimmed the outlook on some names in the group.
- On watch: KFRC, MAN, RHI, ASGN, DHX, KELYA, MWW, BBSI, AHS, TBI, KFY, HSON.
Dec. 5, 2014, 10:32 AM
- Staffing stocks are higher after the U.S. economy adds 321K jobs in November.
- Gainers: Kelly Services (NASDAQ:KELYA) +4.4%, On Assignment (NYSE:ASGN) +1.6%, Robert Half International (NYSE:RHI) +1.3%, ManpowerGroup (NYSE:MAN) +2.1%, Barrett Business Services (NASDAQ:BBSI) +2.8%, TriNet Group Z(NYSE:TRI) +1.7%, Korn/Ferry International (NYSE:KFY) +1.3%, Hudson Global (NASDAQ:HSON) +1.4%.
Oct. 29, 2014, 6:24 PM
Oct. 21, 2014, 7:34 AM
Oct. 20, 2014, 5:30 PM
Sep. 25, 2014, 6:54 AM
Jul. 21, 2014, 7:32 AM
Jul. 20, 2014, 5:30 PM
Apr. 29, 2014, 6:01 PM
Apr. 23, 2014, 7:32 AM
Apr. 23, 2014, 12:05 AM| Apr. 23, 2014, 12:05 AM | Comment!
Apr. 22, 2014, 5:30 PM| Apr. 22, 2014, 5:30 PM | Comment!
Mar. 4, 2014, 11:26 AM
Feb. 7, 2014, 8:39 AM
- Stock index futures give back some gains following the lower-than-forecast payrolls number for January.
- The 10-year Treasury drops a few basis points from shortly before the print to 2.71%, while the 2-year is down just a hair to 0.32%.
- The unemployment rate is officially at its lowest rate in five years at 6.6%.
- The labor force participation rate rose to 63.0% from a previous level last month of 62.8%. A year ago the rate stood at 63.6%.
- Average hourly earnings rose 0.2% M/M and the average workweek was unchanged at 34.4 hours.
- Staffing stocks could be more active today than normal after the read on unemployment. On watch: ASGN, MAN, KFRC, RHI, DHX, MWW, KELYA, TBI, BBSI, AHS.
- Treasury ETFs: TBT, TLT, TMV, SHY, IEF, TBF, PST, EDV, TTT, TMF, TLH, ZROZ, SBND, IEI, DLBS, TYO, DTYS, VGLT, UST, BIL, SHV, UBT, TBX, VGIT, TLO, VGSH, GSY, DTYL, SCHO, LBND, SCHR, ITE, TYD, DTUL, TYBS, TENZ, DTUS, SST, TUZ, FIVZ, TBZ, DFVL, DLBL, DFVS, TYNS
Jan. 30, 2014, 7:32 AM
Jan. 30, 2014, 12:05 AM
- ABFS, ABMD, ADT, AIT, ALXN, AN, ARG, ATK, BC, BEAV, BEN, BLL, BMS, BTU, BX, BZH, CAH, CAM, CARB, CELG, CEVA, CL, CMS, COP, CRR, CRS, DFT, DGX, DOV, DST, EPD, ERIC, ESI, HAR, HGG, HOG, HP, HSH, HSY, IVZ, KELYA, KEM, KMT, LLL, LLY, MAN, MD, MMM, MO, NOC, NVO, OSTK, OXY, PBI, PHM, PLD, POT, RGLD, RTN, RYL, SHW, TE, TEN, TKR, TMO, TWC, UA, UPS, UTEK, V, VIAB, VLY, WCC, WHR, XEL, XOM, ZMH
MAN vs. ETF Alternatives
ManpowerGroup is engaged in the employment services industry. It offers permanent, temporary, and contract recruitment services; assessment and selection services; training and development services; outsourcing services, among others.
Other News & PR