Thu, Feb. 19, 12:08 PM| Comment!
Thu, Feb. 19, 9:20 AM
- Shares of Marriott International (NASDAQ:MAR) are moving higher in early action after the company beats on both lines with its Q4 report.
- Net income rose 30% Y/Y to $197M for Marriott.
- North American REVPAR was up 6.7% during the quarter.
- MAR +3.0% premarket.
Wed, Feb. 18, 4:33 PM
Tue, Feb. 17, 5:35 PM
- ABX, ACT, AMTG, ARII, ARRS, ASGN, AVG, AXLL, BGS, BJRI, CAR, CDE, CSLT, CVG, CW, CYNI, DENN, DTLK, ELNK, EOG, EQC, ETE, ETP, EXAM, FNF, HSTM, HT, IAG, IPI, KEG, KEYW, LHO, LOPE, MANT, MAR, MHLD, MIC, MRO, NVMI, OGS, OIS, PAAS, PCYC, PKD, REXX, RGP, SBRA, SCTY, SIX, SNPS, SSS, STR, SUN, SUNE, SXL, TERP, THRX, TILE, TRN, TS, UAM, WES, WGP, WMB, WPZ, XPO, YUME
Thu, Feb. 12, 5:05 PM
Thu, Feb. 12, 1:16 PM| Comment!
Tue, Feb. 10, 10:11 AM
- Strong earnings reports from Starwood Hotels & Resorts (HOT +6.4%) and Wyndham Worldwide (WYN +7.1%) have given a boost to the lodging sector.
- The group is showing improved efficiency as demand and pricing stays ahead of the rate of capacity growth.
- Gainers: Hyatt Hotels (NYSE:H) +3.8%, Marriott International (NASDAQ:MAR) +3.6%, Intercontinental Hotels (NYSE:IHG) +2.7%, Choice Hotels International (NYSE:CHH) +2.1%, Hilton Worldwide (NYSE:HLT) +1.4%, Extended Stay America (NYSE:STAY) +1.2%, Morgans Hotel Group (NASDAQ:MHGC) +1.2%.
- Associated with the sector, Priceline (PCLN +1.8%) and Orbitz Worldwide (OWW +3.1%) are also trading above market averages.
Tue, Jan. 27, 10:03 AM| 1 Comment
Mon, Jan. 26, 2:57 PM
- There could be some good news for hotel stocks coming out of the Americas Lodging Investment Summit conference this week, according to CNBC.
- A senior lodging forecaster is expected to announce that the market is set to absorb a significant room rate hike this year.
- Some major markets will see room rate increases of over 8%, say analysts.
- ALIS conference agenda (.pdf)
- Hotel stocks: BEL, CHH, EXPE, H, HLT, HMIN, HOT, IHG, MAR, STAY, WYN.
Tue, Jan. 20, 8:32 AM| Comment!
Mon, Jan. 5, 11:34 AM
Dec. 8, 2014, 1:26 PM| Comment!
Nov. 10, 2014, 9:20 AM| 1 Comment
Nov. 6, 2014, 1:47 PM
Oct. 31, 2014, 12:48 PM
- Marriott International (MAR -0.4%) has signed content deals with superstars from YouTube and Snapchat in an effort to build an entertainment platform that attracts younger travelers to the Marriott brand, according to Variety.
- YouTuber Jack Harries and Snapchat contributor/film director Casey Neistat are included in the list of entertainers set to feed Marriott Content Studio.
Oct. 28, 2014, 4:41 PM
MAR vs. ETF Alternatives
Marriott International Inc is an operator, franchisor & licensor of hotels and timeshare properties under different brand names. It also operates & develops residential properties and provides services to home/condominium owner association.
Other News & PR