Update: Marathon Patent Announces Favorable USPTO Ruling And Acquisition Of Patent Assets
- Marathon announced that on Sept 5, 2014, the PTAB of the USPTO denied a petition for inter partes review filed by Arm Inc. against Vantage Point patent no. 5,463,750.
- Marathon entered into a patent purchase agreement with Clouding Corp., to acquire a portfolio of patents from Clouding IP for an aggregate purchase price of $2.4 million.
- Signal IP public joint discovery filing discloses an approximate $1.6B in potential collective damages across 14 automotive defendants.
- These developments confirm my belief that company management is building a company that will eventually greatly exceed its current market cap.
- While these types of events were anticipated in the original article, they have greatly exceeded expectations and the pace of growth is accelerating.