Fri, Feb. 6, 5:37 PM
Thu, Feb. 5, 4:17 PM
Jun. 9, 2014, 5:51 PM
May. 12, 2014, 4:18 PM
Jan. 13, 2014, 2:18 PM
- "We naturally expected shares would decline following the disappointing news," FBR's Tom Gallucci says of McKesson (MCK -4.8%), in the wake of the company's failed bid for Celesio (CAKFF).
- Nevertheless, Gallucci says MCK is "well positioned going forward [as] the company's core operations have been the best performing in the sector over the past year."
- Outperform rating maintained.
Jan. 13, 2014, 1:04 PM
- Reopened for trade, McKesson (MCK -6.7%) gives back about all of last week's gains following its failed bid for Celesio (CAKFF -1%).
- CEO John Hammergren: "We are well positioned and will continue to explore and evaluate opportunities to further strengthen our businesses through our disciplined approach to capital allocation.”
Jan. 13, 2014, 12:59 PM
Jan. 6, 2014, 2:09 PM
- McKesson (MCK -0.1%) upgraded to Strong Buy from Outperform at Raymond James.
- DaVita (DVA +0.4%) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at Raymond James.
- Idenix Pharmaceuticals (IDIX -0.3%) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at UBS.
- Abbott Labs (ABT +1.5%) upgraded to Overweight from Equalweight at Morgan Stanley.
- Medtronic (MDT +2%) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral at JPMorgan. Price target is $69.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals (VRTX +2.5%) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at UBS.
- Ocera Therapeutics (OCRX +2.7%) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at BMO.
- Boston Scientific (BSX +3.2%) upgraded to Overweight from Equalweight at Morgan Stanley.
- Exelixis (EXEL +4.6%) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral at Piper.
- St. Jude Medical (STJ +3.8%) upgraded to Overweight from Equalweight at Morgan Stanley.
Oct. 25, 2013, 11:32 AM
- Some color from Morgan Stanley's McKesson (MCK +3%) upgrade: Analyst Ricky Goldwasser has "high confidence in MCK achieving and potentially exceeding synergy targets [and thinks] the market still underestimates [the] strategic value of NorthStar, which gives MCK an advantage and greater control of sourcing vs. peers and could drive incremental benefit."
- Similarly, Baird says "all systems appear to be firing [and] the Celesio deal makes sense and is highly accretive." Analyst Eric Coldwell recommends "aggressive purchase" of the shares and lifts his price target to $191 from $150.
Oct. 24, 2013, 9:40 AM
- Leerink weighs in on McKesson's (MCK +6.4%) deal for Celesio.
- "It appears MCK will be acquiring all of Celesio, which we view favorably, since it will give the company [the] operational control necessary to drive synergies," analyst David Larsen says, adding that "the benefits of the deal include increased supply chain efficiency and global sourcing, global distribution and logistics capabilities that bring new value and service to manufacturing partners, innovative technology and business services and efficiencies."
- MCK upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform.
- Price target is $170.
- Also: MCK tops estimates for Q2
Oct. 24, 2013, 9:12 AM
Oct. 24, 2013, 8:27 AM
- Shares of McKesson (MCK) are up 7% premarket as the company blows away estimates for FQ2.
- Revenue growth by segment: Distribution Solutions, +11%; Canadian revenues, +14%; Medical-Surgical distribution and services, +68% (that's the PSSI acquisition coming through).
- CEO John Hammergren is "pleased with the excellent performance across all businesses."
- FY14 outlook: Adjusted EPS of $8.40-8.70 versus previous guidance of $8.05-8.35 and against consensus of $8.33.
Jun. 21, 2013, 10:41 AMMcKesson Corp (MCK +1%) names Nigel Rees, its vice president and controller, to the finance chief position on an interim basis until a permanent replacement is hired. Current CFO Jeff Campbell is stepping down at the end of the month to become CFO at American Express after nearly a decade in the position with MCK. | Comment!
May. 8, 2013, 12:02 PMMcKesson (MCK +6%) racks up a gain today despite posting lackluster Q1 results yesterday, missing on both EPS and revenue as net earnings fell 50% Y/Y due to declining revenue and higher operating expenses. The caveat comes out of its FY14 guidance, which - on the surface at least - was largely in-line with Street estimates. However, according to Credit Suisse, buy-side analysts appear to have priced in expectations $0.10 - $0.15 lower than the sell-side consensus, thereby giving the juice for today's upside move. | Comment!
May. 7, 2013, 4:14 PM
Jan. 31, 2013, 4:28 PMMore on McKesson (MCK): FQ3 misses on the bottom line while beating total sales estimates, driven by higher medical-surgical distribution and services revenues. For FY13, EPS estimates are guided lower, now expected to be between $7.15 - 7.35 to $7.10 - 7.30 per share. Street estimates are for an EPS of $7.30. The company also says it's board has authorized an additional $500M to its stock buyback program. Shares -2.6% AH. | Comment!
MCK vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR