Tue, Mar. 17, 9:44 AM
Fri, Feb. 6, 9:39 AM
- Q4 adjusted operating income of $371.7M up 11% from a year ago. GAAP EPS of $1.12 up 32% from non-GAAP EPS a year ago (which excludes a legacy tax benefit).
- Adjusted operating margin of 46% up 130 basis points from a year ago.
- Moody's Investor Service revenue of $565.1M up 7% Y/Y.
- Moody's Analytics revenue of $312.4M up 23%.
- 4.6M shares repurchased in Q4, 13.8M for the full-year at an average cost of $88.41 each. Another $1B was authorized in Q4.
- Full-year 2015 outlook: Revenue and operating expenses should each grow in the mid-single digit range, with adjusted operating margin expected at about 46%. EPS should be $4.55-$4.65 (was $4.61 in 2014).
- Previously: Moody's beats by $0.17, beats on revenue (Feb. 6)
- MCO +4.6%
Fri, Jan. 9, 5:35 PM
Oct. 25, 2013, 12:53 PM
- Moody's (MCO -3.5%) takes a breather from a big run after Q3 results showed revenue of $705.5M up 2% Y/Y and adjusted operating income of $314.9M up 7%. Adjusted diluted EPS of $0.75 is up 11%.
- One sore spot is global structured finance revenue of $83.5M falling 10% amid "volatile market conditions."
- 6.2M shares were repurchased during quarter at about $64.06 each. 900K shares were issued under employee stock-based compensation plans. $900K remains in company's buyback authorization.
- FY13 EPS guidance is narrowed to $3.51-$3.57.
- Q3 results.
- Earnings call slide presentation.
Aug. 14, 2013, 5:34 PM
Apr. 29, 2013, 5:38 PM
Apr. 29, 2013, 9:15 AM
Feb. 12, 2013, 6:02 PM
Feb. 8, 2013, 7:59 AM
Feb. 5, 2013, 11:52 AMJoining the DOJ in filing sut aginst S&P (MHP -5.6%) are a number of states, including California, where AG Harris is suing under the state's False Claims Act. This would allow CA to collect triple damages on what it says were $1B in losses. Earlier joining McGraw Hill in tanking, Moody's (MCO) - maybe enjoying the political protection of having The Oracle as an investor - returns to near-unchanged. | 12 Comments
Feb. 5, 2013, 11:07 AMMore on the McGraw Hill (MHP -4.9%) suit: The company's market cap has fallen about $3B over the past two days, writes Scott Krisiloff. Even admitting S&P was complicit in MBS blowups, it certainly wasn't the direct cause. It's therefore difficult to conceive of a settlement anywhere near this high of an amount. For comparison, BP settled with the DOJ for $4B. | 2 Comments
Feb. 5, 2013, 10:32 AMMcGraw-Hill (MHP -5.8%) slides anew as the DOJ files its suit alleging S&P knowingly gave unwarranted AAA ratings to MBS in order to get more business from issuers. Just maybe there's a problem with the industry-issuer model? What was that Pacino movie ... "The whole system is out of order!" Moody's (MCO) -1.7%. | 1 Comment
Feb. 4, 2013, 3:46 PMMore on McGraw-Hill (MHP -14.5%): The expected suit follows the breakdown in talks between S&P and the DOJ over the rating agency's AAA ratings on 30 CDOs in early 2007. The DOJ had reportedly sought "10 figures plus" and an admission of guilt. S&P: "(We) deeply regret that our CDO ratings failed to fully anticipate the rapidly deteriorating condition in the U.S. mortgage market ... a DOJ lawsuit would be entirely without factual or legal merit." Moody's (MCO -8%). | 20 Comments
Sep. 17, 2012, 2:20 PM
Apr. 20, 2012, 2:15 PM
Nov. 14, 2011, 10:32 AMMoody's (MCO -3.2%) acuires a majority stake in institutional research firm Copal Partners for an undisclosed sum. The ratings agency says the purchase will add to depth to its analytical and professional services businesses in India and China, and should give a boost to its FY12 earnings. | 1 Comment
MCO vs. ETF Alternatives
Moody's Corporation provides credit ratings, credit and economic related research, data and analytical tools, software solutions and related risk management services, quantitative credit risk measures, financial servicestraining & certification services.
Other News & PR