Nov. 6, 2014, 9:14 AM
- Gainers: PLNR +74%. PESI +24%. SWIR +20%. MEET +13%. RVLT +11%. COT +11%. DATA +11%. ACAS +10%. NDLS +9%. KATE +8%. KATE +8%. WFM +9%. HZNP +6%. CECO +6%. DRYS +5%. TRUE +5%.
- Losers: AEZS -51%. SZYM -47%. SNMX -26%. GNW -24%. WWWW -22%. CSOD -19%. PHMD -17%. GERN -14%. MCP -12%. GNRC -11%. WAC -9%. QCOM -7%. Z -7%. PBR -5%.
Nov. 5, 2014, 5:51 PM
Oct. 8, 2014, 12:45 PM
Sep. 30, 2014, 7:45 AM
- Molycorp (NYSE:MCP) +2.4% premarket on news that its expanded leach system has been placed into service at its Mountain Pass, Calif., facility.
- MCP says the system expansion addresses one of the major production bottlenecks at Mountain Pass and is expected to boost rare earth production and lower operating costs once it is fully operational and sufficient supplies of hydrochloric acid are available.
- While onsite production and market availability of HCl are expected to improve in Q4 and beyond, Q3 2014 rare earth production at Mountain Pass is not expected to exceed Q1 2014 levels.
Sep. 22, 2014, 12:46 PM
Sep. 19, 2014, 9:24 AM
Sep. 19, 2014, 8:58 AM
- Molycorp (NYSE:MCP) +5.3% premarket after Oaktree Capital Management discloses a 9.1% stake, or nearly 24.5M shares, in the company.
- Last month, Oaktree agreed to provide MCP up to $400M in financing through credit facilities and the sale and leaseback of equipment at the company's Mountain Pass facility.
- MCP shares had slumped to a new 52-week low yesterday, and have plunged 76% YTD.
Aug. 25, 2014, 12:46 PM
Aug. 11, 2014, 11:59 AM
- Molycorp (MCP -4.2%) is downgraded to Sell from Hold with a $2 price target, cut from $3, at Euro Pacific, which cites continuous price decreases in special earth elements and lagging production efficiency in Mountain Pass.
- The firm notes how MCP has decreased its current account, burning through cash by nearly $80M/quarter trying to stay afloat with its price decreases and trouble in Mountain Pass.
- MCP's Q2 average sales prices decreased to 1,049 tons at $16.8/kg from 974 tons at $10.3/kg in the year-earlier Q2.
Aug. 7, 2014, 9:21 AM
Aug. 6, 2014, 5:41 PM
Aug. 6, 2014, 4:45 PM
- Molycorp (NYSE:MCP) +12.8% premarket on news that Oaktree Capital Management has agreed to provide MCP and certain subsidiaries up to $400M in secured financing through credit facilities and the sale and leaseback of equipment at the company`s Mountain Pass facility.
- As part of the agreement, MCP will issue Oaktree with share warrants equal to 10% of its stock.
- The financing news overshadows MCP's Q2 earnings miss; Q2 production volume totaled 1,639 metric tons, up 48% Q/Q.
Aug. 6, 2014, 4:07 PM
Jul. 18, 2014, 12:45 PM
Jul. 10, 2014, 12:19 PM
- Molycorp (MCP -8.5%) extends its descent into all-time lows, a day after reports that Apollo Global Management is adding to its MCP bond holdings, which would position the investment firm to take control of MCP in the event the company sought to restructure its $1.5B in debt.
- Shares enjoyed a momentary bump after D.A. Davidson came out positive on the company, saying after meeting with management it remains optimistic that MCP's production rates are improving; it has a Buy rating on the stock with a $7 price target.
Jul. 9, 2014, 12:47 PM
MCP vs. ETF Alternatives
Molycorp Inc manufactures custom engineered rare earth and rare metal products. The Company's reportable segments include resources chemicals and oxides magnetic materials and alloys and rare metals.
Other News & PR