Tue, Feb. 3, 11:10 PM
Wed, Jan. 28, 9:39 AM
- Meredith Corp. (NYSE:MDP) EPS rose 45% in Q2 on strong operating margin of 20% (up five percentage points).
- Breakdowns: Local Media Group revenues of $157M (up 50%), operating profit of $60M (up 64%); National Media Group revenues of $242M, operating profit of $30M (up 7%).
- Total digital ad revenues up 45%.
- The acquisition of Shape magazine continues Meredith's recent string of takeovers (including two TV stations, licensing Martha Stewart Living and Martha Stewart Weddings, and acquiring MyWedding.com and Selectable Media).
- "Advertising trends strengthened ... our recent acquisitions are performing above expectations," says CEO Stephen Lacy.
- First-half 2015 EPS is up 35% Y/Y to $1.65, excluding special charges.
- Q2 results
- Shares up 1.4%
- Previously: Meredith to take over Shape magazine (Jan. 28 2015)
Wed, Jan. 28, 9:23 AM
- Publisher Meredith Corp. (NYSE:MDP) has agreed to acquire popular fitness title Shape magazine (along with digital brands Shape, Natural Health and Fit Pregnancy) from American Media.
- Terms weren't disclosed, but the deal is accretive to fiscal 2015.
- The print magazine will combine with existing title Fitness and join More, Eating Well, EveryDay with Rachael Ray and others in Meredith's Women's Lifestyle Group.
- Shape's new rate base will rise 60% to 2.5M.
Wed, Jan. 28, 9:17 AM
Tue, Jan. 27, 5:30 PM| 1 Comment
Thu, Jan. 8, 6:24 AM
Tue, Jan. 6, 12:32 PM
Nov. 12, 2014, 5:21 PM
Oct. 23, 2014, 8:09 AM
Oct. 22, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAL, AB, ACAT, AEP, ALK, ALV, ALXN, ARG, ASPS, AVT, BBW, BC, BCC, BHE, BKU, BMS, CAB, CAM, CAT, CCE, CELG, CFX, CHKP, CLI, CMCSA, CMS, CRI, CRS, CS, CSH, CVE, CWEI, DAN, DGX, DLX, DNKN, DO, DPS, EQM, EQT, FAF, GM, GMT, GPI, GRUB, HERO, HUB.B, IMAX, IVC, JAH, JAKK, JBLU, JNS, KKR, LAZ, LLY, LO, LSTR, LTM, LUV, MDP, MHO, MINI, MJN, MMM, MTRN, NLSN, NOK, NUE, NWE, ORI, OSIS, OSTK, OXY, PCP, PENN, PHM, PLD, POT, PRLB, PTEN, QSII, RCI, RCL, RS, RTN, RYL, SIAL, SILC, SJR, SLAB, SONS, SQNS, STC, TDY, TROW, UA, UAL, UFS, UNP, USG, UTEK, WCC, WSO, YNDX, ZMH
Oct. 15, 2014, 5:54 PM
- Magazine publisher/TV network owner Meredith (NYSE:MDP) will "assume ad sales, circulation, and production of Martha Stewart Living (NYSE:MSO) and Martha Stewart Weddings magazines," under a 10-year deal.
- Meredith will also handle sales/marketing for MSO's sites and video library. However, MSO's editorial team will "continue to create all content for print and digital properties."
- The companies assert the deal will enable Meredith to "market [Martha Stewart's] magazines and digital assets alongside Meredith's own leading brands." MSO expects the agreement will increase its op. income "by as much as $10-$15 million annually." A $2M-$3M Q4 restructuring charge will be recorded.
Aug. 19, 2014, 1:45 PM
Jul. 31, 2014, 8:11 AM
Jun. 25, 2014, 12:11 PM
- Sinclair Broadcast (SBGI +14.1%), Media General (MEG +10.4%), E.W. Scripps (SSP +7.9%), Gray Television (GTN +7.5%), Meredith (MDP +4.3%), Gannett (GCI +3.8%), and Nextar (NXST +15.6%) are taking off after the Supreme Court ruled (by a 6-3 vote) Aereo's TV streaming service is illegal.
- National broadcast network owners are generally showing more moderate gains.
May. 8, 2014, 3:24 PM
Apr. 24, 2014, 9:18 AM
MDP vs. ETF Alternatives
Meredith Corp engages in magazine publishing and related brand licensing, television broadcasting, integrated marketing, interactive media, and video production related operations. It operates two business segments: local media and national media.
Other News & PR