Meredith Corporation: Niche Brands, Strong Local Media Presence And Shareholder Orientation Make This Company Worth Watching
- The Meredith Corporation offers investors a combination of brand value, dividend yield and growth potential.
- The company has proven itself adaptable to the changing media landscape by focusing on local broadcast media and investing in digital assets in addition to its strong portfolio of publications.
- As other media companies shed broadcasting assets, Meredith is situated to benefit from the fallout as the company can acquire broadcasting assets with less regulatory oversight from the FCC.
- Management has taken steps to maintain the value proposition of the company's magazine titles through the "Meredith Sales Guarantee," a program designed to provide a guaranteed RoI to advertisers.
- Growth in local broadcasting assets and digital consumption of the company's publication portfolio, combined with measures taken to preserve the value of the company's print business makes this company attractive.