Fri, Jan. 9, 11:12 AM
- MDU Resources (MDU -3.8%) says it expects the $400M Dakota Prairie refining facility, which it is developing in conjunction with Calumet Specialty Products, to begin commercial production in Q2 after delays due to severe winter weather and revisions to electrical systems.
- MDU raises the expected cost of the facility to more than $400M, above an earlier estimate of $360M.
- MDU also says it will delay plans to market its Fidelity E&P business, citing the steep drop in oil prices.
Dec. 29, 2014, 5:42 PM
Sep. 15, 2014, 9:15 AM
Sep. 15, 2014, 9:02 AM
- MDU Resources (NYSE:MDU) -6.2% premarket after lowering FY 2014 guidance for earnings and oil production.
- MDU says the "unique characteristics" of the Paradox Basin are hurting operations, prompting it to cut expected growth in oil production to 3%-7% for the year from earlier expectations for 10%-15% growth.
- As a result, MDU now sees 2014 adjusted EPS of $1.40-$1.50 vs. $1.59 analyst consensus estimate and prior guidance of $1.50-$1.65.
Mar. 12, 2014, 5:40 PM
Aug. 1, 2013, 11:25 AM
- MDU Resources (MDU +5.4%) posts strong gains after saying Q2 adjusted earnings rose 47% Y/Y.
- The "strong" quarter was a result of an "impressive increase in oil production and strong earnings growth from [the] construction business," CEO David Goodin says. Construction business earnings rose 29% during the period. Backlog is $1.2B.
- E&P FY13 oil production growth target is now 25-35%.
- Full year outlook reaffirmed at $1.30-1.40/ share. Consensus is $1.36. (PR)
Apr. 10, 2013, 6:15 PM
Jan. 18, 2012, 12:50 PMIt's only January 18, but is it possible the 2012 housing rebound play is already getting a bit crowded? The XHB +10.9%, TOL +14.3%, LEN +16.3%, HD +6.3% YTD. Even bigger winners are building materials firms, USG +42.5%, PATK +50% YTD. Arguing for an even bigger run is most of these stocks are higher off of very low bases. | Jan. 18, 2012, 12:50 PM | Comment!
MDU vs. ETF Alternatives
MDU Resources Group Inc operates as a diversified natural resource company and is engaged in oil and natural gas exploration, development and production. It also generates, transmits and distributes electricity and distributes natural gas.
Other News & PR