Thu, Aug. 6, 10:42 AM
- Media General (NYSE:MEG) is reeling, -20%, after its Q2 earnings featured misses on top and bottom lines despite revenue doubling Y/Y.
- Revenues of $321M (up 108%) included digital revenues of $36M (up 512%). EBITDA of $91M was down 2% but beat an expected $86.9M.
- Net local revenues were up 9% to $220M. Net national revenues dropped 2% to $53M.
- Net debt on June 30 was $2.22B; cash and equivalents were $72M.
- The company's guiding to Q3 net revenues of $316M-$329M, light of a consensus expectation for $333M.
- Press Release
Thu, Aug. 6, 7:34 AM
Thu, May 7, 7:43 AM
Thu, Feb. 26, 7:34 AM
Nov. 6, 2014, 8:05 AM
- Media General (NYSE:MEG) more than tripled net income in Q3 as the impact of its merger with New Young Broadcating kicked in.
- The company brought in $21.4M in political revenue, helped by its presence in states with key Senate elections.
- Total operating costs +4% to $125M.
- SG&A expenses +5.1 to $39.4M.
Nov. 6, 2014, 7:57 AM
Aug. 5, 2014, 7:40 AM
Apr. 28, 2014, 8:20 AM
Feb. 27, 2014, 8:21 AM
Apr. 9, 2012, 10:11 AM
Jan. 26, 2012, 8:22 AM
Jul. 20, 2011, 12:07 PM
MEG vs. ETF Alternatives
Media General Inc is a provider of news, information and entertainment across network-affiliated television stations, digital media and mobile platforms, serving consumers and advertisers in local markets in the Southeastern United States.
Other News & PR