Tue, Sep. 9, 9:40 AM| Comment!
Tue, Sep. 2, 9:41 AM
- Pracinostat is an oral histone deacetylase (HDAC) inhibitor. It is an epigenetic regulator that can alter gene expression by chemically modifying DNA or its associated chromosomal proteins.
- The company expects to report top-line data from the 108-patient double-blind placebo-controlled study in Q1 2015.
Tue, Jun. 10, 2:03 PM
- Preliminary results from a Phase 2a clinical trial of MEI Pharmaceuticals' (MEIP +16.4%) histone deacetylase (HDAC) inhibitor Pracinostat in combination with Vidaza (azacitidine) as a treatment for acute myeloid leukemia in elderly patients unsuitable for intensive chemotherapy suggest some patients would benefit greatly from the regimen. Of the first nine participants, two achieved a complete response and one achieved a complete response with incomplete blood count recovery after one or two treatment cycles. Three additional patients achieved either a partial response or partial response with incomplete blood count recovery.
- The results met the pre-specified response rate allowing investigators to proceed to the Phase 2b stage.
Tue, Apr. 8, 1:35 PM
Fri, Feb. 28, 8:48 AM
- CEO Daniel Gold: "We are very pleased to receive this orphan drug designation ... AML is a particularly devastating cancer for which there are currently few broadly effective treatments. Through development of Pracinostat, we hope to address this significant unmet medical need."
- No trades premarket, but MEIP gained 23.8% last night in AH action.
- Press release
Fri, Jan. 10, 9:45 AM
- Brean starts MEI Pharma (MEIP +5%) at Buy, citing "Pracinostat’s expected peak revenue of $700M in two indications, MDS and AML."
- With several Phase 2 trials in the works, analyst Gene Mack sees "the commercial launch of Pracinostat in 2017/2018 contributing $12/share to valuation."
- Price target is $16, representing upside of ~104% from Thursday's close.
Dec. 5, 2013, 9:15 AM
- Wedbush thinks MEI Pharma's (MEIP) pracinostat "has the potential to be a best-in-class HDAC inhibitor, with synergistic potential in combination with approved hypomethylating agents such as azacitidine (Vidaza) that are standard-of-care in MDS and in elderly AML patients."
- Analyst David Nierengarten starts the shares at Outperform.
- Price target is $12, representing upside of around 50% from Wednesday's close.
Oct. 25, 2013, 9:34 AM| Comment!
Oct. 25, 2013, 9:22 AM
Sep. 10, 2013, 12:41 PMMei Pharma acquires the rights to an investigational new blood cancer treatment from Pathway Therapeutics
- MEI Pharma (MEIP -0.3%) acquires the rights to PWT143, an investigational drug candidate from privately held Pathway Therapeutics.
- The drug was found during pre-clinical studies to be a potent and highly selective oral inhibitor of phosphatidylinositide 3-kinase delta, a molecular target that has been shown to play a critical role in the proliferation and survival of hematologic blood cancer cells.
- The purchase price was undisclosed, but the company did say it made an upfront payment with no future milestone or royalty obligations.
- The company expects to file an Investigational New Drug application with the FDA by the end of 2014.
Jun. 18, 2013, 8:49 AM
Apr. 10, 2013, 4:32 PMMEI Pharma (MEIP) says Yale School of Medicine's Ayesha Alvero presented data showing the company's ME-344 mitichondrial inhibitor "decreased tumor burden and delayed recurrence" in a pre-clinical in vivo recurrence model. The shares rose +2.24% during regular trading. | Comment!
Feb. 14, 2013, 12:46 PM
Dec. 18, 2012, 12:45 PM
Dec. 14, 2012, 12:45 PM
Dec. 13, 2012, 12:45 PM
MEIP vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR