Yesterday, 9:02 AM
Wed, May 6, 12:45 PM
Wed, May 6, 11:25 AM
- A combination of MoneyGram (MGI +28.2%) and Western Union (WU +7.2%) would give the new entity a money transfer market share of close to 20%, notes Financial Post.
- JP Morgan thinks a merger would include equity due to MoneyGram's high debt load.
- That development could cut into buybacks for Western Union and dent its credit rating.
- If a deal for MoneyGram is struck at $10 to $11, JP sees EPS accretion.
- Previously: Western Union reportedly in talks to buy MoneyGram; MGI +34.6% (May. 05 2015)
Wed, May 6, 9:11 AM
Tue, May 5, 5:28 PM| 9 Comments
Fri, May 1, 8:09 AM
- MoneyGram (NASDAQ:MGI) reports flat transfer transaction growth during Q1.
- Money transfers transactions were up 13% if the impact of the Wal-Mart loss is backed out.
- U.S. outbound transactions +15% Y/Y.
- U.S.-to-U.S. transactions -37%.
- Adjusted operating margin -640 bps to 6.2% for the global transfer business.
- Adjusted operating margin -730 bps to 39.3% for the financial paper products business.
- Guidance: Flat revenue growth for 2015 is anticipated. Adjusted EBITDA seen falling 8% to 12% on a constant currency basis.
- Previously: MoneyGram misses by $0.05, misses on revenue
Fri, May 1, 7:12 AM
Thu, Apr. 30, 5:30 PM
Thu, Apr. 9, 9:25 AM
Thu, Feb. 12, 5:36 PM
Thu, Feb. 12, 4:26 PM
Wed, Feb. 11, 5:35 PM
Nov. 18, 2014, 11:39 AM
- Standpoint Research initiates coverage on MoneyGram International (MGI +1.5%) with a Buy rating and $12 price target.
- It's a little bit of bottom-dipping for Standpoint after MoneyGram cratered following the loss of Wal-Mart's business.
- SA contributor Value Wagon was in last week with a buy recommendation on the premise MoneyGram shares were oversold.
Oct. 31, 2014, 12:47 PM
Oct. 31, 2014, 8:09 AM
- MoneyGram International (NASDAQ:MGI) reports a 3% drop in money transfer transaction during Q3. The mark is +11% if transactions from Wal-Mart are backed out of the comparison.
- U.S.-to-U.S. transactions -37% Y/Y.
- U.S. outbound transactions +15%.
- The company notes that a white label product from Wal-Mart impacted its level of business activity during the quarter.
- MGI -10.4% premarket.
Oct. 31, 2014, 7:08 AM| Comment!
MGI vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR