Update: Mason Graphite's Trade-Off Study Results Are Extremely PromisingBen Kramer-Miller • Today, 1:34 AM
- Mason Graphite recently reported the results of a trade-off study in which it shows that by moving its concentrator site it can save meaningfully on its Lac Guerret Project.
- This is an unexpected development that potentially adds substantial value to this project.
- With shares down 23% since my "neutral" thesis and with this development I am re-evaluating my position.
Update: Mason Graphite Initiates Pilot Plant Testing For Its Lac Gueret Project
- Mason Graphite has taken a significant step forward in starting its pilot plant testing, which is crucial for producing a feasibility study for the Lac Gueret Project.
- Despite my neutral-bearish tone in August, I did recognize that the company would progress to this point, as it is essential in bringing the Lac Gueret Project into production.
- With shares down more than 30% since my initial article, they appear to be more compelling.
Update: Mason Graphite Reports Strong Drilling Results At Its Lac Gueret ProjectBen Kramer-Miller • Thu, Oct. 9
- Mason Graphite reported positive infill drilling results at its Lac Gueret Project that could lead to an increase in the resource size.
- I had not anticipated this in my August article.
- While this is bullish news, the Lac Gueret resource is sufficiently large so that additional resources really don't contribute much value at the present time.
- The stock is more compelling now as the shares have fallen 20% since my initial article.
- Mason Graphite's Lac Gueret Project is large and high grade, and therefore seemingly appealing.
- However it lacks the large flake graphite that commands a higher price ad which will be in demand for use in "green" technologies such as lithium ion batteries.
- Furthermore, the company's PEA uses an outdated graphite price, which means the stock isn't as undervalued as the PEA's NPV statement would have investors believe.
- The shares aren't overvalued, but they won't give you the exposure you're looking for assuming you want to participate in the secular uptrend in graphite, which is a large-flake story.
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.