May. 16, 2014, 10:57 AM
- Barely in the green for the year at the moment, the S&P 500 could slide 10% between now and October, says the technician, but there's a stealth bear market already happening in the Nasdaq, S&P Mid-Cap, and Russell 2000, and when support breaks (less than another 2%), those indices could see 20-25% declines.
- The situation reminds him of 1994 when the Dow and S&P were in a trading range all year, but things were falling apart underneath the surface.
- Following the washout into October, though, Acampora sees a "very, very strong Q4."
- Nasdaq ETFs: QQQ, PSQ, TQQQ, QID, SQQQ, QLD, QQEW, QQQE, QQXT, TNDQ
- Mid-cap ETFs: MDY, MVV, IJH, VO, EZM, MIDU, RWK, UMDD, IWR, SCHM, DIM, IVOO, MIDZ, MZZ, CZA, FNX, JKG, SMDD, XMLV, MYY, TRNM, EWRM, PXMC
- Russell 2000 ETFs: IWM, TZA, TNA, UWM, URTY, TWM, RWM, SRTY, VTWO, EWRS, TWOK, SMLV
Nov. 11, 2013, 8:51 AM
- "I don't want to miss out." a Los Angeles real estate appraiser said in a note to his financial adviser last week after seeing one pundit up his DJIA forecast to 20K.
- "Frankly, from 2009 until recently, I wanted to stay very conservative," says a technology sales manager. "I want to get more aggressive."
- A Houston attorney and stock market skeptic was turned by her Schwab statement showing YTD gains of nearly 20%. She's planning on set aside more of her paycheck for stocks. "Sometimes you feel like it's too late. But it's probably never too late."
- Inflows of $8.9B into long-only equity funds last week were the largest amount since March 2000. This follows October inflows into stock funds that were the 3rd largest on record.
- Index ETFs: SPY, QQQ, SH, DIA, IWM, TZA, TNA, SSO, SDS, PSQ, IVV, SPXU, UWM, SPLV, UPRO, VOO, QID, MDY, VB, SPXS, PRF, SPXL, DOG, TQQQ, IJR, RSP, SQQQ, DXD, SLY, QLD, MVV, RWJ, RWL, IJH, EPS, VO, TWM, URTY, SCHA, SDOW, UDOW, DDM, EZM, MIDU, VV, RWK, RWM, SRTY, SCHX, IWB, UMDD, IWR, SPHB, NY, SAA, BXUB, SCHM, DWAS, QQEW, VTWO, MIDZ, QQQE, MZZ, JKD, IVOO, DIM, VONE, SBB, RSCO, EQL, FNX, JKJ, CZA, SDD, ROLA, TRND, SFLA, XMLV, BXUC, XSLV, JKG, SMDD, MYY, FYX, QQXT, VIOO, EEH, ONEK, TRSK, TRNM, SPXH, EWRS, TWOK, FSE, BXDB, EWRI, FSU, PXLC, SMLV, FWDD, TNDQ, LGLV, EWRM, ALTL, PXMC, PXSC
Nov. 1, 2013, 12:03 PM
- Investors poured another $12.4B into global equity funds in the week ended Wednesday, with BAML's Michael Hartnett saying another $8B-$9B of inflows over the next two weeks would trigger a contrarian sell signal in his firm's flow-based model.
- This would coincide with BAML's Bull & Bear Index, which is getting a little to bullish for comfort. Fund manager cash levels were at 4.4% in October. A dip below 4% in November, says Hartnett, would trigger a bright red Sell alert.
- Stock index ETFs: SPY, QQQ, SH, DIA, IWM, VTI, TZA, TNA, SSO, SDS, PSQ, IWC, IVV, SPXU, UWM, SPLV, UPRO, VOO, QID, MDY, VB, SPXS, PRF, SPXL, DOG, TQQQ, IJR, RSP, DXD, SQQQ, SLY, QLD, PRFZ, MVV, RWJ, RWL, IJH, EPS, VO, SCHB, TWM, URTY, SCHA, SDOW, UDOW, VXF, USMV, DDM, EZM, MIDU, VV, RWM, RWK, IWV, SRTY, SCHX, IWB, ITOT, ONEQ, PDP, UMDD, IWR, OEF, SPHB, IYY, MGC, NY, SAA, SCHM, BXUB, DWAS, QQEW, VTWO, XLG, NYC, MIDZ, MZZ, QQQE, QUAL, DIM, IVOO, JKD, SBB, VONE, EXT, RSCO, CZA, FNX, EQL, JKJ, FVI, SDD, EUSA, ROLA, PZI, FDM, SFLA, TRND, RTLA, XMLV, THRK, XSLV, JKG, BXUC, SMDD, WMCR, MYY, FYX, QQXT, VIOO, TRNM, ONEK, EEH, SPXH, TRSK, IWL, VTHR, EWRS, TWOK, FSE, FSU, PXLC, EWRI, PWO, TOTS, SMLV, BXDB, EWRM, LGLV, UWC, TNDQ, FNDB, FWDD, ALTL, FMK, PXSC, SIZE, PXMC, PIQ, TWQ
Oct. 31, 2013, 7:08 AM
- Still coming to grips with the slightest hawkish twist to the FOMC statement yesterday afternoon, S&P 500 (SPY) futures are down 0.25% and the Nasdaq 100 (QQQ) is off 0.45%. Facebook soared after a big earnings beat last night, then actually turned red during the earnings call, but is now higher by 3% in the premarket.
- Europe opened to the downside, but is now mostly higher, and Asia was solidly lower overnight.
- Treasury yields have regained some of their composure, the 10-year yield falling 3 basis points to 2.51%, after shooting higher yesterday afternoon post-statement. Gold's off 1% to $1,.335 per ounce.
- ETFs: SPY, QQQ, SH, DIA, IWM, VTI, TZA, TNA, SSO, SDS, PSQ, IWC, IVV, SPXU, SPLV, UWM, UPRO, VOO, QID, MDY, VB, SPXS, PRF, SPXL, DOG, TQQQ, IJR, RSP, DXD, SQQQ, SLY, QLD, PRFZ, MVV, RWJ, RWL, IJH, EPS, VO, SCHB, TWM, URTY, SCHA, SDOW, UDOW, VXF, USMV, DDM, EZM, VV, MIDU, RWM, RWK, IWV, SRTY, SCHX, ITOT, IWB, ONEQ, PDP, IWR, UMDD, OEF, SPHB, IYY, MGC, NY, SAA, SCHM, BXUB, DWAS, QQEW, VTWO, XLG, NYC, MIDZ, MZZ, QUAL, QQQE, DIM, IVOO, JKD, VONE, SBB, EXT, RSCO, CZA, FVI, FNX, JKJ, EQL, EUSA, PZI, SDD, FDM, ROLA, SFLA, RTLA, TRND, XMLV, THRK, XSLV, JKG, BXUC, SMDD, WMCR, MYY, FYX, QQXT, VIOO, EEH, TRNM, ONEK, SPXH, TRSK, IWL, EWRS, VTHR, TWOK, FSE, PXLC, EWRI, FSU, SMLV, BXDB, PWO, TOTS, EWRM, LGLV, TNDQ, UWC, FWDD, ALTL, FMK, FNDB, PXSC, PXMC, SIZE, PIQ, TWQ.
Jun. 25, 2012, 8:22 AM
MIDU vs. ETF Alternatives
The Daily Mid Cap Bull 3x ETF seeks daily investment results, before fees and expenses, of 300% of the price performance of the S&P Mid Cap 400® Index. There is no guarantee the fund will meet its stated investment objective.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Country: United States
Find the right ETFs for your portfolio: Visit Seeking Alpha's ETF Hub
- In Your Portfolio: Core Building Blocks: A Guide to ETFs That Divide the U.S. Stock Market by Market Cap
- Asset Class Performance: Market Cap ETFs
Other News & PR