- Market-Makers [MMs] know when their big-money fund clients see that this 3X leveraged ETF is poised for its periodic rally of +10% in a month or two.
- They tip their hand in the way they hedge the firm's capital that must be put at risk to help the clients get their desired position in a tight market.
- Their shorts are protected against a price increase above $88.60, up from $80.60.
- The cost of that price protection comes right out of their trade spread, and wouldn't be spent if it wasn't needed. Both buyers and sellers of the insurance agree.
- Prior protective behaviors have had the expected outcomes in every case before - but no guarantees can be made.
Today's Best ETF Choices, Picked By Experts' Intelligent Behavior
- Experienced market professionals, paid millions of dollars annually, protect themselves by skillfully hedging at-risk firm capital required to serve big-money investment clients.
- Their intelligent actions and repeated client orders reveal just how far they think the prices of specific investments are likely to be pushed by funds and institutions with money muscle.
- Besides frequent daily client conversations, continually operated world-wide information gathering systems update their extensive current knowledge bases, evaluated by research staffs.
- Behavioral analysis of these actions tell which securities' prices are skillfully foretold by these pros over years of daily observations.
- That integration of information and judgment, when known, makes direct comparisons of widely diverse ETFs possible, practical, and profitable for individual investors.
Interested In A 100%+ Annual Rate Of Gain 7 Times Out Of 8, With Worst-Case Risk At -10%?
- That’s what Mid-Cap ETF MIDU has offered for over 5 years, at any of 1350+ starting days.
- But not on a buy-and-hold basis. You have to be an active manager to earn the excess return reward of +75% above the ETF’s trendline growth at +25% a year.
- The discipline needed to excel has been publicized for over two years, right here on Seeking Alpha.
- How badly do you want odds-on, really good equity investment returns? Bad enough to become an active investor and forget how badly you may have been misled to date?
There are no Transcripts on MIDU.
Fri, May. 16, 10:57 AM
- Barely in the green for the year at the moment, the S&P 500 could slide 10% between now and October, says the technician, but there's a stealth bear market already happening in the Nasdaq, S&P Mid-Cap, and Russell 2000, and when support breaks (less than another 2%), those indices could see 20-25% declines.
- The situation reminds him of 1994 when the Dow and S&P were in a trading range all year, but things were falling apart underneath the surface.
- Following the washout into October, though, Acampora sees a "very, very strong Q4."
- Nasdaq ETFs: QQQ, PSQ, TQQQ, QID, SQQQ, QLD, QQEW, QQQE, QQXT, TNDQ
- Mid-cap ETFs: MDY, MVV, IJH, VO, EZM, MIDU, RWK, UMDD, IWR, SCHM, DIM, IVOO, MIDZ, MZZ, CZA, FNX, JKG, SMDD, XMLV, MYY, TRNM, EWRM, PXMC
- Russell 2000 ETFs: IWM, TZA, TNA, UWM, URTY, TWM, RWM, SRTY, VTWO, EWRS, TWOK, SMLV
Nov. 11, 2013, 8:51 AM
- "I don't want to miss out." a Los Angeles real estate appraiser said in a note to his financial adviser last week after seeing one pundit up his DJIA forecast to 20K.
- "Frankly, from 2009 until recently, I wanted to stay very conservative," says a technology sales manager. "I want to get more aggressive."
- A Houston attorney and stock market skeptic was turned by her Schwab statement showing YTD gains of nearly 20%. She's planning on set aside more of her paycheck for stocks. "Sometimes you feel like it's too late. But it's probably never too late."
- Inflows of $8.9B into long-only equity funds last week were the largest amount since March 2000. This follows October inflows into stock funds that were the 3rd largest on record.
- Index ETFs: SPY, QQQ, SH, DIA, IWM, TZA, TNA, SSO, SDS, PSQ, IVV, SPXU, UWM, SPLV, UPRO, VOO, QID, MDY, VB, SPXS, PRF, SPXL, DOG, TQQQ, IJR, RSP, SQQQ, DXD, SLY, QLD, MVV, RWJ, RWL, IJH, EPS, VO, TWM, URTY, SCHA, SDOW, UDOW, DDM, EZM, MIDU, VV, RWK, RWM, SRTY, SCHX, IWB, UMDD, IWR, SPHB, NY, SAA, BXUB, SCHM, DWAS, QQEW, VTWO, MIDZ, QQQE, MZZ, JKD, IVOO, DIM, VONE, SBB, RSCO, EQL, FNX, JKJ, CZA, SDD, ROLA, TRND, SFLA, XMLV, BXUC, XSLV, JKG, SMDD, MYY, FYX, QQXT, VIOO, EEH, ONEK, TRSK, TRNM, SPXH, EWRS, TWOK, FSE, BXDB, EWRI, FSU, PXLC, SMLV, FWDD, TNDQ, LGLV, EWRM, ALTL, PXMC, PXSC
Nov. 1, 2013, 12:03 PM
- Investors poured another $12.4B into global equity funds in the week ended Wednesday, with BAML's Michael Hartnett saying another $8B-$9B of inflows over the next two weeks would trigger a contrarian sell signal in his firm's flow-based model.
- This would coincide with BAML's Bull & Bear Index, which is getting a little to bullish for comfort. Fund manager cash levels were at 4.4% in October. A dip below 4% in November, says Hartnett, would trigger a bright red Sell alert.
- Stock index ETFs: SPY, QQQ, SH, DIA, IWM, VTI, TZA, TNA, SSO, SDS, PSQ, IWC, IVV, SPXU, UWM, SPLV, UPRO, VOO, QID, MDY, VB, SPXS, PRF, SPXL, DOG, TQQQ, IJR, RSP, DXD, SQQQ, SLY, QLD, PRFZ, MVV, RWJ, RWL, IJH, EPS, VO, SCHB, TWM, URTY, SCHA, SDOW, UDOW, VXF, USMV, DDM, EZM, MIDU, VV, RWM, RWK, IWV, SRTY, SCHX, IWB, ITOT, ONEQ, PDP, UMDD, IWR, OEF, SPHB, IYY, MGC, NY, SAA, SCHM, BXUB, DWAS, QQEW, VTWO, XLG, NYC, MIDZ, MZZ, QQQE, QUAL, DIM, IVOO, JKD, SBB, VONE, EXT, RSCO, CZA, FNX, EQL, JKJ, FVI, SDD, EUSA, ROLA, PZI, FDM, SFLA, TRND, RTLA, XMLV, THRK, XSLV, JKG, BXUC, SMDD, WMCR, MYY, FYX, QQXT, VIOO, TRNM, ONEK, EEH, SPXH, TRSK, IWL, VTHR, EWRS, TWOK, FSE, FSU, PXLC, EWRI, PWO, TOTS, SMLV, BXDB, EWRM, LGLV, UWC, TNDQ, FNDB, FWDD, ALTL, FMK, PXSC, SIZE, PXMC, PIQ, TWQ
Oct. 31, 2013, 7:08 AM
- Still coming to grips with the slightest hawkish twist to the FOMC statement yesterday afternoon, S&P 500 (SPY) futures are down 0.25% and the Nasdaq 100 (QQQ) is off 0.45%. Facebook soared after a big earnings beat last night, then actually turned red during the earnings call, but is now higher by 3% in the premarket.
- Europe opened to the downside, but is now mostly higher, and Asia was solidly lower overnight.
- Treasury yields have regained some of their composure, the 10-year yield falling 3 basis points to 2.51%, after shooting higher yesterday afternoon post-statement. Gold's off 1% to $1,.335 per ounce.
- ETFs: SPY, QQQ, SH, DIA, IWM, VTI, TZA, TNA, SSO, SDS, PSQ, IWC, IVV, SPXU, SPLV, UWM, UPRO, VOO, QID, MDY, VB, SPXS, PRF, SPXL, DOG, TQQQ, IJR, RSP, DXD, SQQQ, SLY, QLD, PRFZ, MVV, RWJ, RWL, IJH, EPS, VO, SCHB, TWM, URTY, SCHA, SDOW, UDOW, VXF, USMV, DDM, EZM, VV, MIDU, RWM, RWK, IWV, SRTY, SCHX, ITOT, IWB, ONEQ, PDP, IWR, UMDD, OEF, SPHB, IYY, MGC, NY, SAA, SCHM, BXUB, DWAS, QQEW, VTWO, XLG, NYC, MIDZ, MZZ, QUAL, QQQE, DIM, IVOO, JKD, VONE, SBB, EXT, RSCO, CZA, FVI, FNX, JKJ, EQL, EUSA, PZI, SDD, FDM, ROLA, SFLA, RTLA, TRND, XMLV, THRK, XSLV, JKG, BXUC, SMDD, WMCR, MYY, FYX, QQXT, VIOO, EEH, TRNM, ONEK, SPXH, TRSK, IWL, EWRS, VTHR, TWOK, FSE, PXLC, EWRI, FSU, SMLV, BXDB, PWO, TOTS, EWRM, LGLV, TNDQ, UWC, FWDD, ALTL, FMK, FNDB, PXSC, PXMC, SIZE, PIQ, TWQ.
Jun. 25, 2012, 8:22 AM
MIDU vs. ETF Alternatives
The Daily Mid Cap Bull 3x ETF seeks daily investment results, before fees and expenses, of 300% of the price performance of the S&P Mid Cap 400® Index. There is no guarantee the fund will meet its stated investment objective.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Country: United States
Find the right ETFs for your portfolio: Seeking Alpha's new ETF Hub
- In Your Portfolio: Core Building Blocks: A Guide to ETFs That Divide the U.S. Stock Market by Market Cap
- Asset Class Performance: Market Cap
Other News & PR