SA Transcripts • Thu, Nov. 6
Be smarter and faster with PRO Alerts on MIG
From other sites
at Zacks.com (Nov 17, 2014)
at MarketWatch.com (Jan 20, 2012)
Wed, Nov. 5, 4:50 PM
Tue, Aug. 5, 4:29 PM
Wed, May. 7, 9:31 AM
- "Our ($7) price target is a conservative valuation of our sum-of-the-parts analysis which infers additional upside as the company continues to meet expectations of little to no future reserve deficiencies, improving fee income, and improving expense ratio," says analyst Ken Billingsley, upgrading Meadowbrook Insurance Group (MIG) to a Buy.
- He notes the company last night reported its first quarter in the past ten without a reserve deficiency. "The market will be looking for more of the same in future quarters, but with the shares at 67% of tangible book value, we don't believe there is much downside in MIG at these levels."
Tue, May. 6, 4:38 PM| Comment!
Tue, Feb. 18, 5:36 PM
Nov. 5, 2013, 5:45 PM| Comment!
Sep. 18, 2013, 12:12 PM
- ACE, AmTrust Financial (AFSI), AllState (ALL), AON, Meadowbrook (MIG), Marsh & McLennan (MMC) are all started at Buy, while Argo Group (AGII), AIG, Maiden Holdings (MHLD), Travelers (TRV), Tower Group (TWGP), and XL Group (XL) are initiated at Hold.
- Tower Group plummets 27% after further delaying the release of financial statements until the week of October 7, and FBR speculates the reserve charge could be as high as $125M.
Aug. 5, 2013, 12:45 PM
Aug. 5, 2013, 10:33 AM
- Shares of Meadowbrook Insurance (MIG -9.8%) sink following an A.M. Best downgrade to B++ (from A-).
- The insurance ratings group cites MIG's "weaker than anticipated" Q2 results.
- MIG CEO Robert Cubbin is "very disappointed" with the decision and notes that the company has demonstrated "progress towards [its] goal of a return to stable and profitable underwriting results." (PR)
- Over the weekend, the company secured an agreement with State National (an 'A' rated policy issuance company) which meets MIG's "immediate needs" in terms of programs and specialty divisions "where an 'A' rated policy issuer is required." (PR)
Jul. 31, 2013, 4:13 AM| Comment!
Apr. 30, 2013, 5:59 PM
Feb. 12, 2013, 4:41 PM
Nov. 1, 2012, 7:10 PM
Oct. 19, 2012, 12:45 PM
Aug. 17, 2012, 11:49 AMFBR raises its rating on alternative risk insurance company Meadowbrook Insurance (MIG +6.5%) to Outperform from Market Perform with a $10 price target, citing lower reserve charges. Although MIG has been the worst-performing stock in FBR's insurance coverage, it now thinks the risk/reward going forward sets up well. | Comment!
Jul. 30, 2012, 5:13 PM
MIG vs. ETF Alternatives
Meadowbrook Insurance Group Inc is a specialty commercial insurance underwriter and insurance administration services company. It also owns and operates insurance agencies and third-party administrators.
Other News & PR