Jul. 14, 2014, 8:07 AM
- The SEC declares the Form S-4 (joint proxy statement/prospectus) effective on July 11 regarding Mallinckrodt's (NYSE:MNK) acquisition of Questcor Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:QCOR). Both firms have scheduled shareholder meetings on August 14, 2014 for shareholders of record on July 9, 2014 to vote on the transaction.
May. 12, 2014, 10:58 AM| 3 Comments
Feb. 11, 2014, 9:44 AM
- Mallinckrodt (MNK) is +8% and Cadence (CADX) +26% following news that Mallinckrodt has agreed to acquire Cadence for $1.3B.
- The deal will increase Mallinckrodt's specialty pharmaceutical offerings and its presence in hospitals, where Cadence's products are widely used. These include Ofirmev, an intravenous painkiller and fever reducer with estimated 2013 sales of $110.5M in 2013.
- Mallinckrodt expects the transaction to be immediately accretive to its 2014 earnings and significantly accretive to income a year later.
- Mallinckrodt plans to finance the transaction through a senior secured term loan facility.
Feb. 11, 2014, 7:08 AM
- Mallinckrodt (MNK) has agreed to acquire Cadence Pharmaceuticals (CADX) for $1.3B.
- Mallinckrodt is offering $14.00 a share, which represents a 32% premium to Cadence's trailing 30-trading-day volume weighted average price of $10.62.
- Cadence closed yesterday at $11.07; premarket trading has been halted. (PR)
Jan. 2, 2013, 6:41 PMQuestcor Pharmaceuticals (QCOR) acquires Canadian biotech firm BioVectra for C$50M. BioVectra is a contract manufacturing services provider to the global pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry and manufactures active pharmaceutical ingredients, chemical intermediates, and bioprocessing reagents. The acquisition is part of a larger strategy by QCOR to lock down a key ingredient maker for its only drug, Acthar, which isn't patent-protected, and will help to protect the drug's manufacturing process trade secrets. | 6 Comments
Dec. 12, 2012, 12:47 PMAs a condition of Medicines Company's (MDCO +1.9%) acquisition of Incline Therapeutics, Cadence Pharmaceuticals (CADX +4.9%) has agreed to terminate its exclusive option to acquire Incline. Upon MDCO's closing of the deal, CADX will receive around $13M in termination fees and roughly $1.5M for its Incline stake as well as a pro-rated share of future milestone payments. | Comment!
MNK vs. ETF Alternatives
Mallinckrodt PLC develops, manufactures, markets & distributes generic specialty pharmaceutical products, active pharmaceutical ingredients and diagnostic imaging agents. It operates in two segments; Specialty Pharmaceuticals & Global Medical Imaging.
Other News & PR