Aug. 8, 2014, 12:36 PM
- Research from Moody's indicates diet soda sales are in a protracted slump that could continue.
- Diet and low-calorie soda sales fell 5% Y/Y in 2013 and the trend has persisted in 2014.
- Bottled water and energy drinks will provide some of the lost volume as beverage companies adjust, according to Moody's.
- Related stocks: PEP, KO, DPS, MNST.
Aug. 7, 2014, 4:19 PM
Aug. 7, 2014, 4:07 PM| Comment!
Aug. 6, 2014, 8:00 AM
Aug. 4, 2014, 8:40 AM| 1 Comment
Jul. 28, 2014, 11:14 AM
- UBS downgrades Monster Beverage (MNST -3.4%) to a Neutral rating from Buy with concerns over recent revenue trends cropping up.
- Recent reads on convenience store sales has the investment firm forecasting slower growth in the U.S.
- Shares of Monster have dipped down to their lowest level in three months.
Jul. 21, 2014, 12:33 PM
- Monster Beverage (MNST -3.7%) is downgraded to Equal Weight from Overweight with a $75 price target, down from $82, at Morgan Stanley, which cites slowing U.S. trends and balanced valuation.
- The firm anticipates reduced retail sales domestically in Q2, while brands such as Rehab, Lo-Carb and Absolute Zero have been underperforming in recent quarters.
- Stanley also says the market has reduced MNST's value due to a large amount of regulatory concerns, margin expansion potential and operation improvement potential.
Jun. 26, 2014, 10:03 AM
- Monster Beverage (MNST -0.7%) is on watch after the Center for Science in the Public Interest asks the FDA to add safety warnings on energy drinks.
- The consumer group says 34 people have died in the past 10 years after drinking beverages made by MNST and other companies, although no link between consuming the beverages and the fatalities has been proven.
- CSPI also wants the FDA to lower the legally allotted amount of caffeine in energy drinks to 71 mg per 12 oz., the amount permissible in colas.
Jun. 19, 2014, 7:57 AM| Comment!
Jun. 4, 2014, 7:05 AM
Jun. 3, 2014, 10:19 AM
- Shares of Monster Beverage (MNST -3.3%) track lower after the firm's annual meeting comes and goes without any major product or partnership announcements.
- Execs indicated during the Q&A session that the company will stick to its strengths this year to protect its brand. The company doesn't want to "jump the shark" by extending too far.
- Monster Beverage annual meeting webcast
May. 28, 2014, 8:28 AM
- Politicians in Illinois voted down a proposal to add a penny-per-pound tax on sugar-enhanced drinks.
- The tax would have added $2.88 to the cost of a case of soda.
- Under the radar: The soda industry has received some backing from the Teamsters union in the national debate on the issue of taxing soda consumption.
- Related stocks: KO, PEP, MNST, DPS.
May. 22, 2014, 7:42 AM
- The obesity rate in the U.S. has increased to 27.7% to mark the highest level since Gallup starting tracking height and weight in 2008.
- The link between obesity and high healthcare costs has teed up the development as a political issue.
- The group which takes the brunt of the criticism over obesity is the soft drink industry (KO, PEP, DPS, COT, MNST).
May. 9, 2014, 10:41 AM| Comment!
May. 8, 2014, 4:11 PM| Comment!
May. 7, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ACET, ADEP, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALIM, ALNY, AMRS, APEI, AREX, ATHX, AUQ, BCEI, BEBE, BIOS, BPZ, BRKS, CBS, CLNE, CLVS, CPE, CSC, CUTR, DAR, DEPO, DIOD, DMD, DVR, EAC, EBS, ECPG, ED, ELON, ENOC, ENV, EVC, FF, FRT, FUEL, FXEN, GCAP, GRUB, GXP, JAZZ, JCOM, JMBA, KRO, MDRX, MDVN, MELI, MNST, MNTX, MTD, NES, NFG, NOG, NUAN, NVDA, OLED, ORA, PAAS, PFMT, PPO, PXLW, QTWO, RPTP, SF, SGMS, SLW, SLXP, SPPI, SSRI, SSTK, SYMC, TNGO, TUES, TUMI, UBNT, UEPS, UNXL, WAGE, WIFI, XNPT, ZGNX.
MNST vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR