May. 15, 2014, 12:46 PM
May. 6, 2014, 8:10 AM| Comment!
May. 5, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ACM, ACOR, AER, AKRX, AME, ARCC, ARCO, ARW, BCE, BCS, CBOE, CNK, COCO, CRTO, CRZO, CYNO, DISCA, DNR, DTV, DWRE, EMR, EXH, EXLP, FE, GDP, GLDD, HCP, HFC, HPT, HSH, HSIC, HTH, IFF, ISIS, KWK, MMP, MNTA, MONT, MOS, MPW, MSO, MVIS, MWIV, NRG, [[NTi]], NUS, ODP, OXF, PDCE, PQ, PRIM, RDC, RHP, RTI, RTRX, STWD, TDG, TGH, TPH, TW, UBS, VMC, VSH, VTG, WCG, WNR, XRAY, ZBRA, ZTS.
Apr. 21, 2014, 9:13 AM
Apr. 15, 2014, 8:09 AM
- Two teams of generic Copaxone makers, Sandoz/Momenta and Mylan/Natco ask the U.S. Supreme Court to allow a lower court ruling giving them the green light to market their offerings to take effect until it considers Teva's (TEVA) appeal in October.
- The companies state that Teva failed to show that it would suffer "irreparable harm" if the stay was not issued.
- The Court could announce its decision at any time.
- A ruling on the case might not happen until mid-2015.
- (NVS) (MYL) (MNTA)
Apr. 7, 2014, 1:36 PM
- Lawyers for Teva Pharmaceutical Industries (TEVA -2%) ask the Supreme Court to stop a lower court ruling allowing generic Copaxone makers to launch offerings as early as May.
- The Court accepted the case on March 31 but will not hear oral arguments until October and a ruling might not happen until mid-2015.
- Teva believes it will suffer "irreparable harm" if other generics are allowed to market.
Mar. 31, 2014, 12:47 PM
Mar. 31, 2014, 11:05 AM
- Shares of generic drug maker Momenta Pharmaceuticals (MNTA -11.4%) are down in early trading after the Supreme Court agrees to hear Teva's (TEVA +4.7%) appeal of a lower court's ruling invalidating its Copaxone patents.
- Without a reversal the product's exclusivity expires May 24.
Feb. 10, 2014, 8:02 AM| Comment!
Feb. 10, 2014, 12:05 AM
Feb. 9, 2014, 5:30 PM
Nov. 6, 2013, 3:48 PM
- Bernstein reiterates an Outperform rating on Momenta Pharmaceuticals (MNTA -1.8%) despite lower sales of enoxaparin and a 36% jump in R&D.
- "There was no pipeline news and no additional disclosures beyond details on potential Baxter milestones in 2014," analyst Aaron Gal notes, referencing the company's Q3 report.
- Taking a "very conservative" approach, Gal assumes $5M per quarter in enoxaparin revenue (no generic Copaxone) and determines that the company has "2.75 years of cash on hand."
- Ultimately, Gal raises his price target on the shares to $24 from $20.
Nov. 5, 2013, 8:07 AM
Nov. 5, 2013, 12:05 AM
- AFSI, AKRX, AMED, AMG, AOL, ARCC, ARCO, ASH, BCRX, BDX, BPI, CCC, CHTR, COCO, CTSH, CVS, D, DLPH, DNR, DTV, DWRE, DX, DXM, EMR, ENR, EXH, EXLP, EXPD, FE, GLDD, GTIV, HCA, HCN, HL, HPT, HSIC, HST, HW, ICE, IFF, ISIS, KORS, KWK, LBTYA, LPX, MITT, MNTA, MOS, MPEL, MPW, NNN, NTLS, NXST, ODP, OMX, OWW, OXF, OZM, PMC, PQ, RDC, REGN, REN, RHP, RIGL, RRD, RRGB, SRE, TGH, TMUS, TRGT, TRP, VSI, XPO, ZBRA, ZINC, ZTS
Nov. 4, 2013, 5:30 PM
- AFSI, AKRX, AMED, AMG, AOL, ARCC, ARCO, ASH, BCRX, BDX, BPI, CCC, CHTR, COCO, CTSH, CVS, D, DLPH, DNR, DTV, DWRE, DX, DXM, EMR, ENR, EXH, EXLP, EXPD, FE, GLDD, GTIV, HCA, HCN, HL, HPT, HSIC, HST, HW, ICE, IFF, ISIS, KORS, KWK, LBTYA, LPX, MITT, MNTA, MOS, MPEL, MPW, NNN, NTLS, NXST, ODP, OMX, OWW, OXF, OZM, PMC, PQ, RDC, REGN, REN, RHP, RIGL, RRD, RRGB, SRE, TGH, TMUS, TRGT TRP, VSI, XPO, ZBRA, ZINC, ZTS
Oct. 13, 2013, 2:59 AM
- California Governor Jerry Brown has vetoed a bill that would have limited the use of biosimilar pharmaceuticals in the state.
- Brown explained that the legislation was premature, as the FDA hasn't yet set the rules governing such drugs.
- Biosimilars are the copycat versions of biotech drugs - also known as biologics - which are complex proteins developed in living cells. Biosimilars are not called generics, as it's difficult to prove that they're exactly the same as the biologic original.
- The campaign to limit the use of biosimilars has been led by Amgen (AMGN) and Genentech (RHHBY.OB); so far, 10 states have blocked such efforts this year, including Illinois and Texas.
- Companies developing biosimilars include Hospira (HSP), Novartis (NVS), Momenta Pharmaceuticals (MNTA), Baxter (BAX) and Teva (TEVA).
- Healthcare ETFs: XLV, XHE, VHT, FXH, IHF, IHI, IYH, PTH, RYH, PSCH, RXL, RXD, XHS
MNTA vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR