Mon, Mar. 2, 1:57 PM
- There's a broad rally in auto parts stocks underway after a strong read on sales in some key European markets.
- Sales in Spain rose 26% Y/Y in February, while sales improved 7% in Germany and 4.1% in France.
- February U.S. sales are due to be reported tomorrow by manufacturers.
- Gainers: Federal-Mogul (NASDAQ:FDML)+4.1%, Westport Innovations (NASDAQ:WPRT) +2.6%, Modine Manufacturing (NYSE:MOD) +2.6%, Dana Holding (NYSE:DAN) +2.5%, Visteon (NYSE:VC) +2.4%, BorgWarner (NYSE:BWA) +2.4%, Lear (NYSE:LEA) +2.4%, Lydall (NYSE:LDL) +2.2%, Johnson Controls (NYSE:JCI) +2.2%, Delphi Automotive (NYSE:DLPH) +2.0%.
Mon, Feb. 2, 12:19 PM
- A number of auto parts stocks are in rally mode today.
- A positive forecast on global demand from IHS could be boosting sentiment.
- The research firm projects global sales will improve 2.4% to 88.6M units - a mark that is dragged down by the collapse of the Russian auto industry.
- Some analysts think the sector is setting up to see a delayed demand reaction this year as drivers add more miles than anticipated to their cars with gas prices lower.
- Easy sales comparisons are also looming in the second half for many companies/
- Advancers: Tenneco (TEN +4.7%), Federal-Mogul Holdings (FDML +2.8%), Modina Manufacturing (MOD +3.4%), Superior Industries (SUP +3.3%), BorgWarner (BWA +1.7%), Cooper-Standard Holdings (CPS +1.1%), Delphi Automotive (DLPH +1.9%), Dana Holding (DAN +1.7%), Autolive (ALV +1.6%), Lear (LEA +1.5%).
May 12, 2014, 10:38 AM
- Auto parts stocks are ripping gains to begin the week.
- A positive read on global demand from Volkswagen, General Motors, and Tata Motors could be helping to tip sentiment in favor of the group.
- Advancers: Meritor (MTOR) +4.2%, Federal-Mogul (FDML) +3.8%, Standard Motor Products (SMP) +3.6%, Modine Manufacturing (MOD) +3.2%, American Axle & Manufacturing (AXL) +3.0%.
Jun. 1, 2012, 8:25 AM
MOD vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR