Wed, Apr. 1, 8:52 AM
- Monsanto (NYSE:MON) -0.6% premarket after missing expectations for FQ2 earnings and revenues on weakness in both its seeds and genomics and agricultural productivity businesses.
- MON says current guidance for FY 2015 EPS is trending at the lower end of its previously forecast $5.75-$6.00 range and below the $5.84 analyst consensus estimate, as a strengthening U.S. dollar erodes sales abroad; MON says the negative effect of currency moves would reduce EPS by $0.35-$0.40.
- FQ2 corn seed and trait sales fell 15% Y/Y to $2.91B, but MON says it remains on track to hold or grow its branded corn-share footprint in every major market despite the decline in acres of corn being planted.
- Soybean seed and traits sales rose 7.7% to $883M; sales in the agricultural productivity business, which consists of crop-protection products and herbicides, fell 14% to $1.02B.
Wed, Apr. 1, 8:04 AM
Tue, Mar. 31, 5:30 PM
Wed, Jan. 7, 8:58 AM
- Monsanto (NYSE:MON) +1.1% premarket after FQ1 earnings and revenues beat expectations but expects FQ2 earnings to fall 5%-10% and lowers its full-year growth outlook for the seeds and genomics segment.
- MON confirms in-line guidance for FY 2015, seeing EPS of $5.75-$6.00 vs. $5.87 analyst consensus estimate, but anticipates fewer acres dedicated to corn in South America and a potential decline in overall pesticide earnings; sees full-year gross profit growth percentage for seeds and genomics in the high single digits, down from double-digits.
- In FQ1, sales in the agricultural productivity business fell 15% Y/Y to $1.25B, corn seed and trait sales fell 12% to $928M, while soybean seed and traits segment sales grew 48% to $396M.
- In October, MON had forecast earnings at roughly half of what it posted a year earlier as market conditions resulted in lower planted acres for cotton and corn.
Wed, Jan. 7, 8:03 AM
Tue, Jan. 6, 5:30 PM
Oct. 8, 2014, 9:06 AM
- Monsanto (NYSE:MON) -0.7% premarket after FQ4 earnings miss Wall Street estimates and the company forecasts below consensus earnings guidance for FY 2015.
- MON sees 2015 EPS of $5.75-$6.00 vs. $6.04 analyst consensus estimate, and warns that its earnings pattern has shifted in recent years, with smaller earnings in its FQ1 and growth concentrated in its FQ3.
- For the current quarter ending in November, MON says it expects earnings to be about half of what it posted a year earlier.
- In its FQ4 ended in August, MON says its soybean seed and traits segment sales more than doubled to $199M, while corn seed and trait sales climbed 1.9% to $630M; sales in the agricultural productivity business, which consists of crop-protection products and herbicides, gained 23.3% to $1.3B.
Oct. 8, 2014, 8:16 AM
Oct. 7, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jun. 25, 2014, 8:47 AM
- Monsanto (MON) +5.5% premarket and perhaps set to open at a new all-time high after beating FQ3 earnings estimates, raising its full-year outlook on a strong outlook for its seeds and traits business, and announcing a $10B share buyback program.
- Raises its full-year EPS and free cash flow guidance to the the upper end of previous ranges; sees EPS of $5.10-$5.20 vs. earlier forecast of $5.00-$5.20 and $5.25 analyst consensus estimate, and free cash flow at the upper end of $700M-$800M range.
- In its new two-year $10B share purchase program, MON says it is targeting $6B in stock buybacks starting in the near term and spanning up to 12 months.
- Gross margin rose to 54.8% from 53.2%.
Jun. 25, 2014, 8:34 AM
Jun. 24, 2014, 5:30 PM
Apr. 2, 2014, 8:47 AM
- Monsanto (MON) +0.8% premarket after reporting a 13% Y/Y gain in FQ2 earnings, thanks to continued strength in its soybean seed sales as well as improved margins.
- Confirms earlier guidance for FY 2014, seeing EPS of $5.00-$5.20 vs. $5.25 analyst consensus estimate; expects a strong H2 of its fiscal year, with a significantly smaller loss in its Q4 than in recent years.
- Total Seeds and Genomics sales rose 6.9% to $4.65B; growth in the segment represents nearly 80% of MON's overall gross profit increase in the quarter.
- Corn seed and traits sales, which account for most of the segment's revenue, rose 4.1%, while soybean seed and traits sales jumped 21%.
- Sales in the agricultural productivity business, which consists of crop-protection products and herbicide, grew 5.2% to $1.18B.
- Gross margin grew to 59.1% from 56.1%, as product costs edged down 0.7%.
Apr. 2, 2014, 8:02 AM
Apr. 2, 2014, 12:05 AM
Apr. 1, 2014, 5:30 PM
MON vs. ETF Alternatives
Monsanto Co is a provider of agricultural products for farmers. The Company offers corn, soybean, cotton, wheat, canola, sorghum and sugar cane seeds. Its segments are Seeds and Genomics and Agricultural Productivity.
Other News & PR