Wed, Feb. 11, 9:09 AM
- Mosaic (NYSE:MOS) +1.4% premarket after Q4 earnings more than doubled on higher phosphate and potash sales in anticipation of the spring season.
- MOS expects strong demand to continue, as issues upbeat guidance for volumes of phosphate, its biggest revenue driver; for the current quarter, MOS projects phosphate volumes of 2.8M-3.1M tons vs. 2.7M tons in the year-ago quarter.
- Q4 phosphate sales rose 4% Y/Y to $1.6B, reflecting lower volume but higher finished-product prices; phosphate sales volumes totaled 3.3M tons, beating the company's expected range of 2.5M-2.8M tons.
- Q4 potash sales told the opposite story of higher volume and lower prices, rising 17% Y/Y to $763M; potash sales volumes totaled 2.3M tons, on the high end of the company's projection of 2M-2.3M tons.
- For the current quarter, MOS again expects potash sales volumes of 2M-2.3M tons, down from 2.4M tons last year.
Wed, Feb. 11, 7:03 AM
Tue, Feb. 10, 5:30 PM
Oct. 30, 2014, 7:08 AM
Jul. 31, 2014, 7:03 AM
May. 6, 2014, 7:59 AM
- Mosaic (MOS) -1.9% premarket after reporting a larger than expected 43% Y/Y drop in Q1 earnings on declining sales, hurt by lower prices for phosphate and potash.
- Q1 phosphate sales totaled 2.7M metric tons, above forecast 2.3M-2.6M tons; average realized price was $414/ton, above the prior quarter's $381 but well below the year-ago price of $491.
- Q1 potash sales totaled 2.4M metric tons, near the low end of expectations; average selling price $267/ton, vs. $303 per ton in Q4 and $376 a year ago.
- MOS forecasts Q2 phosphate sales volumes of 3.1M-3.4M metric tons, up from 2.9M tons last year, at realized prices of $430-$460/ton; expects potash sales of 2.2M-2.5M metric tons, compared with 2.4M tons a year ago, at realized prices of $250-$275/ton.
- Sees FY 2014 capex of $1.2B-$1.4B.
May. 6, 2014, 7:07 AM
May. 5, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ACM, ACOR, AER, AKRX, AME, ARCC, ARCO, ARW, BCE, BCS, CBOE, CNK, COCO, CRTO, CRZO, CYNO, DISCA, DNR, DTV, DWRE, EMR, EXH, EXLP, FE, GDP, GLDD, HCP, HFC, HPT, HSH, HSIC, HTH, IFF, ISIS, KWK, MMP, MNTA, MONT, MOS, MPW, MSO, MVIS, MWIV, NRG, [[NTi]], NUS, ODP, OXF, PDCE, PQ, PRIM, RDC, RHP, RTI, RTRX, STWD, TDG, TGH, TPH, TW, UBS, VMC, VSH, VTG, WCG, WNR, XRAY, ZBRA, ZTS.
Feb. 11, 2014, 8:22 AM
- Mosaic (MOS) +0.8% premarket after reporting a 79% drop in Q4 earnings as prices of crop nutrients potash and phosphate fell sharply.
- Says it will buy back $1B of its shares on top of a $2B repurchase program announced in December.
- Q4 potash sales totaled 1.9M metric tons, at the high end of expectations; average selling price was $303/metric ton, near the top of $285-$310 guidance, and production reached 65% of capacity, slightly higher than anticipated.
- Q4 phosphate sales totaled 3.4M metric tons, above the forecast of 2.5M-2.9M; average realized price was $381/metric ton, at the lower end of $370-$400 guidance.
- Q1 2014 potash sales are seen at 2.3M-2.7M metric tons vs. 2M in the year-ago quarter, with the average sales price expected at $245-$275; phosphate sales are seen at 2.3M-2.6M metric tons vs. 2.7M a year ago, with an average selling price of $390-$400.
Feb. 11, 2014, 7:02 AM| 1 Comment
Feb. 11, 2014, 12:05 AM
Feb. 10, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jan. 30, 2014, 8:22 AM
- Potash (POT) -4.3% premarket after posting a 45% drop in Q4 earnings and issuing weaker than expected earnings guidance for 2014 on expectations for continued pricing pressure.
- Gross margins fell as lower prices for all three fertilizer nutrients - potash, nitrogen and phosphate - outweighed improved costs and higher sales volumes.
- In its downside guidance, POT sees Q1 EPS of $0.30-$0.35 vs. $0.46 analyst consensus, and sees FY 2014 EPS of $1.40-$1.80 vs. $2.01 consensus.
- Q4 potash sales volumes rose 13%, largely fueled by North American activity, but average potash prices fell to $282/metric ton in the quarter from $387 a year earlier; while POT near-term pressure on potash prices appears to have subsided, "its impact is expected to suppress our offshore realizations through the early part of 2014."
- Among peers: MOS -1.2%, IPI -2.1% premarket.
Nov. 5, 2013, 8:12 AM
- Mosaic (MOS) -0.2% premarket after Q3 earnings fell 70% and missed estimates, primarily driven by lower prices and lower North American sales volumes.
- Q3 phosphate net sales fell 18% to $1.4B, primarily driven by lower finished product prices, and phosphate sales volume was 2.7M metric tons vs. 2.9M in the year-ago period; potash net sales fell 44% to $523M, due to lower domestic shipment volumes and lower realized prices, and potash sales volume was 1.4M metric tons vs. 1.8M a year ago.
- Q4 phosphate sales volumes are expected at 2.5M-2.9M metric tons vs. 2.8M last year, at an average selling price of $370-$400/metric ton; gross margin percentage is estimated to be flat Q/Q.
- Q4 potash sales volumes are expected at 1.5M-1.9M metric tons vs. 1.4M in the year-ago period, at an average selling price of $285-$310/ metric ton; gross margin rate is seen in the mid-20% range.
- Says it will exit its underperforming distribution businesses in Argentina and Chile; also will close a small potash mine at Hersey, Mich., and sell its salt operation.
Nov. 5, 2013, 7:01 AM
Nov. 5, 2013, 12:05 AM
- AFSI, AKRX, AMED, AMG, AOL, ARCC, ARCO, ASH, BCRX, BDX, BPI, CCC, CHTR, COCO, CTSH, CVS, D, DLPH, DNR, DTV, DWRE, DX, DXM, EMR, ENR, EXH, EXLP, EXPD, FE, GLDD, GTIV, HCA, HCN, HL, HPT, HSIC, HST, HW, ICE, IFF, ISIS, KORS, KWK, LBTYA, LPX, MITT, MNTA, MOS, MPEL, MPW, NNN, NTLS, NXST, ODP, OMX, OWW, OXF, OZM, PMC, PQ, RDC, REGN, REN, RHP, RIGL, RRD, RRGB, SRE, TGH, TMUS, TRGT, TRP, VSI, XPO, ZBRA, ZINC, ZTS
MOS vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR