Mon, Mar. 23, 11:17 AM
- Shares of Movado (MOV +4.6%) spike on strong volume to climb back over $25.
- New products showcased over the last few days at Baselworld have drawn some positive reviews.
- The company has lost some traction in the wholesale segment over the last couple of quarters.
- MOV -41.5% over the last 52 weeks.
Wed, Feb. 18, 10:29 AM
- Movado (NYSE:MOV) slides in what could be a reaction to a meltdown at Fossil.
- Shares of the watch seller are off 3.45% on above-average volume.
- Movado trades at 50% of its level from 10 months ago with the developments of the Swiss franc an overriding influence.
- Previously: Fossil -13.6% as promotions whack bottom line (Feb. 17 2015)
- Previously: Fossil still bleeding after earnings call and Jefferies defense
Thu, Jan. 15, 12:45 PM
Nov. 19, 2014, 10:01 AM
Nov. 14, 2014, 12:46 PM
Nov. 12, 2014, 10:37 AM
- Select high-end retailers are in rally mode after Fossil (FOSL +7.3%) cruises past Q3 estimates.
- The strong demand that Fossil saw for higher-priced items bodes well for the sector, say analysts.
- Advancers: Movado (NYSE:MOV) +1.1%, Michael Kors (NYSE:KORS) +1.6%, Coach (NYSE:COH) +1.6%, Vera Bradley (NASDAQ:VRA) +1.1%.
Aug. 26, 2014, 10:09 AM
Mar. 26, 2014, 10:22 AM| 1 Comment
Aug. 27, 2013, 2:55 PM
- Shares of Movado (MOV +8.2%) "still have room to rise," despite today's sharp post-earnings rally, Barron's says, citing the company's four-year plan to boost sales and profit growth.
- MOV "has shifted its focus to its more-profitable wholesale business [and] is also improving profitability by offering new products and expanding into China," Johanna Bennett writes.
- Quoted in the article is Stephens' analyst Rick Patel who calls the company a "standout."
- Also: Sidoti raises PT to $53 from $49.
- Earlier this month: Brean starts MOV at Buy.
Aug. 27, 2013, 8:04 AM
- Movado Group (MOV) puts up a strong Q2, beating on both lines.
- Operating income rises 59%, more than triple the company's top line growth, thanks to "the disciplined execution of growth strategies [and the] leveraging of infrastructure."
- Gross margin fell 160 bps thanks to a shift in the product mix.
- FY14 outlook: $1.90/ share on revenue of $575-580M versus previous guidance of $1.80/ share on $570-575M in sales and against consensus of $1.82/ share on $570M. (PR)
- Shares +5.5% premarket.
Aug. 16, 2013, 11:34 AM
- Shares of Movado (MOV +1.8%) are higher after Brean starts the stock at Buy with a $44 price target (19x analyst Eric Beder's FY15 EPS estimate).
- The company is "poised to buck the weakening trend in watches and to register solid double-digit, bottom-line expansion in FY14 and FY15," Beder says, adding that valuation is more attractive than that of Fossil.
May. 29, 2013, 8:41 AMMore on Movado's (MOV) Q1: Operating income and revenue grow 18% and 6.1% respectively while margins fall 240 basis points as favorable currency impacts weren't enough to offset changes in the product mix. The company reiterates FY14 guidance of $1.80/share on sales of $570-575M (~12% top line growth), largely in line with consensus. Shares +7.56% premarket. (PR) | 1 Comment
Mar. 21, 2013, 1:39 PM
Jan. 18, 2013, 12:45 PM
Aug. 28, 2012, 9:10 AM
Aug. 7, 2012, 8:34 AMLuxury names get a boost after Fossil (FOSL) knocks out an earnings beat with its Q2 report. Though guidance was trimmed a bit by the fashion accessory retailer, broad revenue gains and a welcomed lack of any dire Europe warnings is helping to boost sentiment. Premarket luxury gainers: Movado Group (MOV) +1.1%, Coach (COH) +1.9%, Ralph Lauren (RL) +1.3%. | 2 Comments
MOV vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR