5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There are 3 articles on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
Business Wire (Apr 10, 2014)
Business Wire (Mar 6, 2014)
Business Wire (Mar 5, 2014)
Business Wire (Feb 21, 2014)
Business Wire (Feb 6, 2014)
Medical Properties Trust Announces Fourth Quarter 2013 Financial Results Conference Call and WebcastBusiness Wire (Jan 29, 2014)
MPW vs. ETF Alternatives
Medical Properties Trust, Inc., is a self-advised real estate investment trust focused on investing in and owning net-leased healthcare facilities. The Company conducts substantially all of its business through MPT Operating Partnership, L.P.
Wednesday, Mar 55:47 PM
Wednesday, Mar 54:13 PM|Wednesday, Mar 54:13 PM| 2 Comments
Thursday, Jan 97:33 AM
Thursday, Jan 97:33 AM| 2 Comments
- Coming alongside an upgrade of HCP to Buy, Jefferies also boosts Medical Properties Trust (MPW) to a Buy with a price target of $14.
- "We are warming up to the MPW story given 1) an improved growth profile and acquisition outlook, which should support dividend and earnings growth going forward, and 2) increased comfort around the recent deals," says analyst Omotayo Okusanya. "Though there are risks going forward, we believe the stock's valuation at 11.5x FFO and 6.7% implied cap rate makes MPW a compelling risk/reward proposition."
- Like HCP, MPW has struggled mightly since interest rates began their steep rise in May.
- MPW +1.2% premarket
Thursday, Dec 192013, 11:19 AM
Thursday, Dec 192013, 11:19 AM| 14 Comments
- The broad market is quiet today following yesterday's big session, but the equity REIT sector has its eyes focused on rising Treasury yields, particularly in the belly of the curve where the 5-year yield is higher by 10 basis points on the session and all the way up to 1.64% (it was 1.3% at Thanksgiving).
- Realty Income (O -3.6%), National Retail (NNN -2.4%), Health Care REIT (HCN -3.1%), LTC Properties (LTC -3.6%), Medical Properties (MPW -2.5%), Federal Realty (FRT -1.9%), Retail Opportunity (ROIC -1.1%), Chambers Street (CSG -1.8%).
- Related ETFs: IYR, VNQ, DRN, URE, SRS, RWR, ICF, SCHH, DRV, KBWY, REK, FRI, FTY, PSR, WREI
Monday, Aug 192013, 3:09 PM
Monday, Aug 192013, 3:09 PM| 85 Comments
- A solid selloff in mortgage REITs (REM -3.7%) turns into a rout as the 10-year Treasury yield takes out another 2-year high at 2.89%. Looking at the short end, September 2015 Eurodollar futures at 98.65 are pricing in more than 100 bps of rate hikes between now and then.
- American Capital (AGNC -5.8%), Armour (ARR -7.5%), Apollo (AMTG -4.9%), Ellington (EARN -4.8%), Anworth (ANH -5.5%), Western Asset (WMC -5.7%), Arlington Asset (AI -4.7%), Dynex (DX -5.1%), Newcastle (NCT -2.3%).
- Mentioned before as starting to look very cheap, Annaly (NLY -4.9%) losses deepen with the stock at $10.72 - its lowest price since 2001 (the dividend fell to $0.25 at the end of 2000 before rising to $0.68 by the start of 2002).
- Tumbling income funds include (KFN -2%), and (PTY -2.1%).
- Among equity REITs, Realty Income (O -1.8%), Medical Properties (MPW -2.4%), and Simon Property Group (SPG -1%) lead down, but HCP (HCP +0.6%) remains green.
Thursday, Aug 152013, 9:11 AM
Thursday, Aug 152013, 8:35 AM|Thursday, Aug 152013, 8:35 AM| Comment!
Wednesday, Aug 142013, 5:34 PM
Wednesday, Aug 142013, 5:23 PM
Wednesday, Aug 142013, 5:23 PM| Comment!
- Medical Properties Trust (MPW) falls 4.9% AH as the company announces plans to offer 10M shares and $150M in senior notes due 2022 (that makes $350M in outstanding 2022 senior notes).
- MPW will use the proceeds to fund the acquisition of three general acute care hospitals. (PR)
- For the bull thesis, see SA Pro contributor Dane Bowler's recent article.
Wednesday, Jul 312013, 10:39 AM
Wednesday, Jul 312013, 10:39 AM| Comment!
- HCP (HCP -2.2%) slips for a 2nd day despite upping guidance in its earnings report as dour earnings call (transcript) comments from CEO Jay Flaherty are digested
- The "pause" button for deals was hit by Bernanke's post-FOMC June comments and the subsequent fixed-income turbulence, says Flaherty, and it remains to be seen how quickly things start moving again.
- Funding costs have gone up, but sellers' expectations of what their properties are worth haven't changed - not a good combination for getting business done.
- Others of note: Senior Housing Properties (SNH -2.2%), Medical Properties Trust (MPW -1.8%), Omega Healthcare (OHI -1.5%).
Friday, Apr 122013, 11:50 AMA BofA downgrade sends Medical Properties Trust (MPW -6.9%) tumbling. The bank cuts the shares to Underperform from Neutral citing the REIT's YTD outperformance relative to the sector overall (it has outpaced healthcare REITs two to one). Put simply, funds from operations "multiple expansion has exceeded fundamental trends." SA contributor Brad Thomas claims MPW is an example of "mispriced risk." |Friday, Apr 122013, 11:50 AM| 3 Comments
Thursday, Feb 22012, 9:00 AMPremarket gainers: GMCR +21%. CEDC +21%. MTSN +15%. OMEX +10%. GPS +8%. CNQR +6%. EA +6%. CDNS +6%. QCOM +5%. ELGX +5%. GFA +5%. AUO +4%. KSS +4%. ZNGA +4%. IRE +4%. CMI +3%. K +3%. CPST +3%. JDSU +3%. MA +3%. RENN +3%.
Losers: SD -13%. ANF -12%. ANN -10%. NG -9%. BSX -6%. CI -6%. RCL -6%. UN -5%. MPW +4%. VIA -4%. UL -4%. CHKM -4%. SNE -4%. PCX -4%. PHM -3%. DOW -3%. ANZ -3%. CUK -3%. CCL -3%. NBG -3%. |Thursday, Feb 22012, 9:00 AM| Comment!
Tuesday, Jan 312012, 6:42 PMIn tandem with its Q4 report, Medical Properties Trust (MPW) discloses it will acquire assets and make loans to Ernest Health for a total investment of $396.5M. The assets include five rehab facilities and seven long-term acute facilities, purchased for $200M. The company plans to partly finance its investments by issuing stock. MPW -5.8% AH. |Tuesday, Jan 312012, 6:42 PM| Comment!