- Top line shrinked by 1% in the second quarter due to the continued generic erosion. However, disciplined expense management prevented the decline from trickling down to the bottom line.
- The company has narrowed down its R&D focus on businesses that uphold the strength to become market leaders.
- Sale of consumer care segment to Bayer AG against a consideration of $14.2 billion, which can be invested in areas where Merck has a competitive edge.
- Merck has recently taken over Idenix Pharmaceuticals where the company’s drug, nucleotide, was the crown jewel for Merck in this acquisition.
- Merck upholds solid future growth prospects, is undervalued and offers a higher than industry dividend yield of 3.16%.