Downspacing Allows Marathon Oil To Pump Out More Crude, A Win For Investors
- Marathon is boosting its reserve base by targeting different horizons in the Eagle Ford and Bakken/Three-Forks plays.
- Downspacing efforts in the Eagle Ford are pushing wells closer together, boosting Marathon's drilling inventory.
- There is room for upside in its 40-acre Eagle Ford downspacing program through higher recovery rates.
- Downspacing is working well in the Bakken/Three-Forks, and Marathon is pushing its efforts even further.
- Kodiak Oil & Gas has gotten a pretty good idea of how much value downspacing creates.