Morgan Stanley: Real Value Hemmed In By Litigation Issues
- While the players of the industry witnessed a decline of 1% in their revenues in equity sales and trading, the company was able to register a CAGR of 7%.
- RWAs were down to $192 billion in the most recent quarter, mainly driven by decreased exposure to securitization and credit spread products.
- The wealth management segment continues to expand its revenue base on the back of increased scale and substantial asset growth, mainly achieved through successful integration with Citigroup's wealth management business.
- The wrongdoings of the institution have come back to haunt its bottom line once again in this quarter.
- The stock price is currently depressed due to the litigation hype.