Yesterday, 1:11 PM
- Outflows from emerging market bond funds like EMB hit $4.2B in the week ending Aug. 26, the second-largest amount ever. Overall emerging market net outflows of $10.5B were the largest since early 2008.
- Turning back to bond funds alone, outflows over the last three weeks of $7.5B represent 2.9% of AUM, says Morgan Stanley.
- EMB is lower by more than 5% since a late-April high, and in stocks, EEM is off nearly 20% over the same time frame.
- Previously: Record amount pulled from stock funds (Aug. 28)
- ETFs: EEM, VWO, EDC, EMB, PCY, EDZ, TEI, SCHE, EDF, IEMG, ELD, EDD, EMLC, EMF, MSF, EEV, GHI, VWOB, ADRE, EMD, EDI, EET, EUM, MSD, GMM, SBW, DBEM, LEMB, EMAG, EEME, EBND, EMCR, FEM, XSOE, EWEM, HEEM, EMLB, EMSH, EMSA, EMFT, KEMP, FEMB, KLEM
MSD vs. ETF Alternatives
To produce high current income and as a secondary objective, to seek capital appreciation, through investments primarily in debt securities. Under normal circumstances, at least 65% of the Funds total assets will be invested in debt securities of governmen
Other News & PR